Apocalypse Which Quicksilver song is better: Time In A Bottle or Sweet Dreams?

RLAAMJR.

Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend
Reaction score
Just wondering which song do you like more. :)

Sweet Dreams definitely

giphy.gif

Sweet Dreams just doesn't fit to the scene for me.

Sweet Dreams is great, but the timing is awkward because it is sandwiched between one emotional scene (Apocalypse's big and only moment to be a BAMF when he destroys all the nukes in the world) and then another (the revelation that Havok is dead). It also is just repeating a joke in a more elaborate way, with the punch-line still being good but not as funny when it surprised you.

But both are still great.

I wasn't going to get into this because the question is technically about best song, not best use of a song, but whatever:

What I liked about Time in a Bottle is that despite the levity of the scene, there's also a sad undertone to that song that fit more with the situation and the story in general. It's the kind of song I could see playing over other parts of the movie or the credits.

Er, I misunderstood the question. In that case, I much prefer Sweet Dreams. Oh well.

Sweet dreams is more upbeat, time in a bottle was always a song I was surprised quicksilver would even listen too.

Time in a Bottle! Unexpected, surpising and not your typical upbeat song.

"Time in a Bottle" fit that DOFP scene better than "Sweet Dreams" fit the Apoc scene.

But, this thread is about what song is better, and in that context, Sweet Dreams by far. One of the most badass pop songs ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"