Whiskey Cavalier

Well they're all meant to be a bit comical. I just hope it doesn't become like that series Limitless, which became eventually like a live-action Ultimate Spider-Man show with its quirky, juvenile humour and offbeat tone.

Well, yeah, it's a comedy. Obviously they're meant to all be comical. Ithink their aiming for a chuck vibe with out the john casey or chuck.

That wasn't my point. Point is Williams in particular feels like they're making him the extra funny man with the amount of one-liners he has compared to the others. And to reiterate, no, he hasn't done that in everything he's been in.

yep he wasn't like that in the criminal mind's beyond borders the FBI profilers that delt with over sea's serial killers and missing people fromthe states. show with Gary Sinise which where he was prior to b this show . as you'll in the link below. also his character wasn't inthe field that often. as his job delt with talking with the family of the victimes. compared to this.

so this is a case like

CSI and formerly Macguyver's George Ead where he was series and smart in Csi but was pushed as a joker and semi dense in Macguyver.

source : Beyond Borders Wikia

Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders - Wikipedia

yep he wasn't like that in the criminal mind's beyond borders the FBI profilers that delt with over sea's serial killers and missing people fromthe states. show with Gary Sinise which where he was prior to b this show . as you'll in the link below. also his character wasn't inthe field that often. as his job delt with talking with the family of the victimes. compared to this.

so this is a case like

CSI and formerly Macguyver's George Ead where he was series and smart in Csi but was pushed as a joker and semi dense in Macguyver.

source : Beyond Borders Wikia

Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders - Wikipedia

I already mentioned him in Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders a few posts ago.

"I brought an extra clip!" :funny: Best moment in the seond ep, cool to see Bellamy Young as well. The ep also included what looked like a location shot directly from the first Mission Impossible movie.

"I brought an extra clip!" :funny: Best moment in the seond ep, cool to see Bellamy Young as well. The ep also included what looked like a location shot directly from the first Mission Impossible movie.

Apparently it was all shot in Prague, as Scott Folely and his family moved there for the shoot. There will be a lot of location shooting.

Which one was Bellamy Young? Man or a woman?

Apparently it was all shot in Prague, as Scott Folely and his family moved there for the shoot. There will be a lot of location shooting.

Which one was Bellamy Young? Man or a woman?

She was the woman Will was trying to seduce to get the ledger but she turned out to be the main villain.

I feel like an episode is missing. This episode was called 1.03 in the screeners.

We didn't really get a proper introduction of their boss.

Last edited:
I feel like an episode of missing. This episode was called 1.03 in the screeners.

We didn't really get a proper introduction of their boss.
oh that bald director athe strated of the suppoesed second episode that said he doesn't want to be connected to their mission's debrif's so he sent them ray as an lesion agent .

yeah we won't see him much at all . he's likely to make sure he won't hear from them again. they're already off the book's as it is. But he blew them off cause he didn't feel like hearing about their every case.

lol weird old man . the teams likely to get another at some point if he doesn't leave them out in the cold befor that. all due his old man mood swings.

This show reminds me a bit of the show Spy Game. The 2 leads are even a bit similar.

I don't feel this is going to go more than a season. It doesn't really seem like it. We'll see though.

Didn't think it was all that interesting this week.

Last edited:
This show reminds me a bit of the show Spy Game. The 2 leads are even a bit similar.

I don't feel this is going to go more than a season. It doesn't really seem like it. We'll see though.

Didn't think it was all that interesting this week.
even though it's a comedy it's still trying to find an Identy for it's self. And it need's to find it's place fast especially with where this is going with the infiltration of the other agency's most of the teams are from and what others have been compromised, that they are supposed to be looking into. other wise what you said is true, it'll be a one season deal.

Well this week they're already posing as a married couple and going through all the standard tropes and cliches. Don't know if this is too soon for them to do that and even suggest that Frankie might have feelings for Will and vice versa.

I wish Frankie were not so hard and cold to begin with. Also I'm not really feeling Cohan in this role. I also find the two tech guys rather annoying.

This episode got me thinking though. It would be cool to have a remake of Hart to Hart where the two leads are actually married and investigating crimes.

This doesn't seem quite the most interesting series now it's been going a few episodes. Something rather bland and mediocre about it.

Hopefully Ophelia Lovibond stays for a few episodes. She would've been more interesting as a regular than Cohan. Ana Ortiz is not interesting either.

Also that didn't look like Kensington at all. I get the feeling they just filmed some establishing shots but then the rest of it is filmed in the US, or maybe Prague where most of it is shot.

I guess that was meant to be Prince William and Meghan Markle held at gunpoint. They're already using stories about them.

Last edited:
oh that bald director athe strated of the suppoesed second episode that said he doesn't want to be connected to their mission's debrif's so he sent them ray as an lesion agent .

yeah we won't see him much at all . he's likely to make sure he won't hear from them again. they're already off the book's as it is. But he blew them off cause he didn't feel like hearing about their every case.

lol weird old man . the teams likely to get another at some point if he doesn't leave them out in the cold befor that. all due his old man mood swings.

Well this was wrong.

Well this was wrong.
lol you mean the testing of the team where standish as a hostage and had to use the needle Ring? he still talked down to the team though. and want's nothing do with them. yeah the showed for second time but his feelings didn't change. yeah I di see we won't see much of him if at all. but it's clear when he does show it's be grudgingly and only point out their failers which saw that feidl test of the team. even though it wasn't one. though franky & wisky need to stop arguing like that. then again if I remember right your not supposed put down your gun in front of the hostage taker ether. well this show's comedy so....

As to the latter part of what I said I did say another director at some point I never said immediately. he come off as FBI glory hog any ways .

Last edited:
This doesn't seem quite the most interesting series now it's been going a few episodes. Something rather bland and mediocre about it.

Hopefully Ophelia Lovibond stays for a few episodes. She would've been more interesting as a regular than Cohan. Ana Ortiz is not interesting either.

Also that didn't look like Kensington at all. I get the feeling they just filmed some establishing shots but then the rest of it is filmed in the US, or maybe Prague where most of it is shot.

I guess that was meant to be Prince William and Meghan Markle held at gunpoint. They're already using stories about them.
yeah I'm hoping the Mi 6 girl stays too. and they get a few others to be a proper international off the books intel unite if this truly every agency that would make it cooler among other things . may be we'll get some Csis officer/ agents there too.

Right now the only I don't care about is frank's I don't want to be in a relationship with you but I do thing.

and yest hat was suppose prince harry and Meghan Markle. the duke and duchess.

I like this show a lot more than The Rookie.

I don't watch the Rookie, as I am bored of Nathan Fillion and his routine. By the end of Castle, I was done with him.

yeah I'm hoping the Mi 6 girl stays too. and they get a few others to be a proper international off the books intel unite if this truly every agency that would make it cooler among other things . may be we'll get some Csis officer/ agents there too.

Right now the only I don't care about is frank's I don't want to be in a relationship with you but I do thing.

and yest hat was suppose prince harry and Meghan Markle. the duke and duchess.

I think Ophelia Lovibond seems to be contracted for 3 episodes. I'm guessing that means they'll write her character out somehow. Either she gets killed off or she goes back to the UK as things don't work out with her and Will. And she'll just be a plot device to make Frankie realise she does want to be with Will, which seems lame.

I'd rather have had Ophelia on the team instead. But she probably would compete too much as the female lead because she would stand out. They should've just had her from the start instead of the standard FBI/ CIA type team up.

I find Standish annoying, and also the other techie guy whose name I forget.

Oh, and I meant Harry and Meghan. Dunno why I wrote William and Meghan. I think I was thinking of Will (Whiskey) at the time.

They should also have shot some footage of Kensington and other London locations when they were there instead of the standard establishing shots of the skyline. Houses in Kensington have quite a distinctive look to them and that didn't look like one at all, especially for a rich person's house. They probably didn't think it through at the time.

I don't watch the Rookie, as I am bored of Nathan Fillion and his routine. By the end of Castle, I was done with him.

I think Ophelia Lovibond seems to be contracted for 3 episodes. I'm guessing that means they'll write her character out somehow. Either she gets killed off or she goes back to the UK as things don't work out with her and Will. And she'll just be a plot device to make Frankie realise she does want to be with Will, which seems lame.

I'd rather have had Ophelia on the team instead. But she probably would compete too much as the female lead because she would stand out. They should've just had her from the start instead of the standard FBI/ CIA type team up.

I find Standish annoying, and also the other techie guy whose name I forget.

Oh, and I meant Harry and Meghan. Dunno why I wrote William and Meghan. I think I was thinking of Will (Whiskey) at the time.

They should also have shot some footage of Kensington and other London locations when they were there instead of the standard establishing shots of the skyline. Houses in Kensington have quite a distinctive look to them and that didn't look like one at all, especially for a rich person's house. They probably didn't think it through at the time.

hmm May be the need to stop making standish so overly comedic in the most annoying personality way.

I completely agree with you onthe FBI /Cia thing and international matter are Cia jurisdiction. but that would throw will out this was gonna happen regardless though and the only reason this was is cause Standish is an state side American citizen of the america's and it was will that solved the case with standish. franky sadly wasn't gonna list to standish sadly, they've made her too stubborn and un trusting.

The on the set thing I don't know what this show's budget like. if it was games of thrones budget then yeah they should got to the true locations or have film take pic's and re create the interiors.

but I do agree alot of what you said.

I like this show a lot more than The Rookie.
hmm May be the need to stop making standish so overly comedic in the most annoying personality way.

I completely agree with you onthe FBI /Cia thing and international matter are Cia jurisdiction. but that would throw will out this was gonna happen regardless though and the only reason this was is cause Standish is an state side American citizen of the america's and it was will that solved the case with standish. franky sadly wasn't gonna list to standish sadly, they've made her too stubborn and un trusting.

The on the set thing I don't know what this show's budget like. if it was games of thrones budget then yeah they should got to the true locations or have film take pic's and re create the interiors.

but I do agree alot of what you said.

They film in Prague primarily. So many locations in Prague double for other global locations like France or even London.

But it looks like they did some general location shooting for London as well, maybe before the start of the season. Probably they shot some establishing shots like we see the River Thames and all the London skyline. But they probably didn't know at the time all the specific plot points for each episode at the time (eg that it would require them to go to Kensington), so didn't have the foresight to shoot those kinds of locations in London - only the most general touristy shots.

This is more typically what you'd think of for expensive houses and streets in Kensington:

181964_HAG180104_IMG_01_0000_max_476x317.jpg

south-kensington-houses.jpg

They are racing through the stuff with Frankie and Will, I've never seen a show with these dynamics take this erratic approach to the lead two, it's the complete opposite to the perfect slow burn that they are doing with Magnum and Higgins. The show is lighthearted fun though, easy to watch and Susan is my personal favourite character.

They are racing through the stuff with Frankie and Will, I've never seen a show with these dynamics take this erratic approach to the lead two, it's the complete opposite to the perfect slow burn that they are doing with Magnum and Higgins. The show is lighthearted fun though, easy to watch and Susan is my personal favourite character.

That was my thought too: the sexual tension/will-they-or-won’t-they? tease seems to be proceeding rather fast. :shrug:

It's almost as if they think they only have one season before cancellation, and therefore need to get everything out there. But it feels rushed without room to breathe and develop their characters more.

I'm not really feeling the chemistry between the two either. It's almost as if they're telling us there's chemistry without allowing it to play out naturally. And that's why it feels a bit forced.

That was my thought too: the sexual tension/will-they-or-won’t-they? tease seems to be proceeding rather fast. :shrug:

It's weird, Frankie had barely thawed out in episode 3, and by episode 5 she's telling him they can't be together, changing her mind, and then finding him kissing another woman, that's end of season 2 stuff for this kind of show as a rule.

It's almost as if they think they only have one season before cancellation, and therefore need to get everything out there. But it feels rushed without room to breathe and develop their characters more.

I'm not really feeling the chemistry between the two either. It's almost as if they're telling us there's chemistry without allowing it to play out naturally. And that's why it feels a bit forced.

Agreed on everything here, they probably wont get a second season so they are rushing, but there's no chemistry there. Like I said above Frankie is only just thawing out as a person and Will is so goofy that they seem more like the odd couple than couple goals. :funny:

It's weird, Frankie had barely thawed out in episode 3, and by episode 5 she's telling him they can't be together, changing her mind, and then finding him kissing another woman, that's end of season 2 stuff for this kind of show as a rule.

That does seem like the sort of thing that would've happened at the end of the season in the last episode after they've been through a lot together. It's odd to be happening in episode 5 which is really early. They're still at this stage where they could easily go their separate ways without too much heartache because they're still pretty much just work colleagues.

Agreed on everything here, they probably wont get a second season so they are rushing, but there's no chemistry there. Like I said above Frankie is only just thawing out as a person and Will is so goofy that they seem more like the odd couple than couple goals. :funny:

I think they should've just cast Ophelia Lovibond as the lead instead of Lauren Cohan. Not only would it have brought an international flavour, but also might've had a more similar dynamic like Magnum and Higgins, given that Ophelia is also English.

And there's more chemistry between Will and Ophelia's character in that small scene than there is between Will and Frankie. Plus Ophelia is just more interesting to watch, as she was on Elementary.

That does seem like the sort of thing that would've happened at the end of the season in the last episode after they've been through a lot together. It's odd to be happening in episode 5 which is really early. They're still at this stage where they could easily go their separate ways without too much heartache because they're still pretty much just work colleagues.

I think they should've just cast Ophelia Lovibond as the lead instead of Lauren Cohan. Not only would it have brought an international flavour, but also might've had a more similar dynamic like Magnum and Higgins, given that Ophelia is also English.

And there's more chemistry between Will and Ophelia's character in that small scene than there is between Will and Frankie. Plus Ophelia is just more interesting to watch, as she was on Elementary.

I wasn't a fan of the English agent to be honest, she looked like she'd jumped straight out of the 60's Avengers show. The problem with Frankie isn't Lauren IMO, it's the writing, they've made Frankie so cold and cynical, yet not convincingly so.

I wasn't a fan of the English agent to be honest, she looked like she'd jumped straight out of the 60's Avengers show. The problem with Frankie isn't Lauren IMO, it's the writing, they've made Frankie so cold and cynical, yet not convincingly so.

I didn't really think Ophelia felt like she came out of the 60s Avengers show. She was just like she always is, so she didn't really seem any different to how she was in something like Elementary. That's just the way she talks and acts, and she has that sort of 60s haircut anyway.

But that wouldn't have been a bad thing being a nod to the Avengers anyway. This show is already somewhat similar to that, and to another show from over 20 years ago called Spy Game that I referenced earlier above, which also had a 60s styling.

Speaking of Avengers shows, if they ever wanted to reboot the New Avengers (from the 70s), Perdita Weeks would've made a great Purdey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"