Who amongst the Avengers will make a Cameo at the end of Thor?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Well since every film from the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" that has been released thus far, has had at least one cameo from amember or an item that relates to a member appear at the end of the film, which member from the Avengers do you guys expect to appear in some format at the end of Thor?

Is it possible that they may have Bruce Banner's character shown somehow since I had heard that in the comics, Loki gains control over the hulk?

Will they try to prep audience for Capt America which will be released about 2 months after this film?

Or will Tony Stark make another appearance?

I'd think if anyone of them, maybe Captain America in some capacity. Maybe Agent Coulson receives a phone call about the discovery in the arctic and we see the frozen body and the shield, which will lead into the First Avenger movie that'll be released that following July.

"Loki controls the Hulk" will probably happen at the end of Cap.

I'm guessing Clint Barton appearance for Thor

I'd think if anyone of them, maybe Captain America in some capacity. Maybe Agent Coulson receives a phone call about the discovery in the arctic and we see the frozen body and the shield, which will lead into the First Avenger movie that'll be released that following July.

speaking about Captain America, I'm not sure where I had to ask this, but in the "Incredible Hulk" film, it appeared that they still had the Super Soldier serum in tact. So if that's the case, then why didn't the government make more super soldiers? I mean that way, S.H.I.E.L.D wouldn't have to go through the trouble of looking for Capt in the first place.

If you'll recall, the Super Soldier Serum-esque thing that they gave Blonsky was experimental (probably an attempt to recreate the original serum they gave Cap) and wound up turning him into the Abomination. Probably not a great idea to mass-produce it. ;)

Besides, Captain America is more than just his powers. If they portray him right, he should be a national icon. Can you imagine how much of a morale boost it would be for the entire country if one of the greatest heroes of World War 2--the last "good" war, according to romantic historians--came back and took up the fight again today? It'd be a way of stepping back from the moral gray areas of today and promoting a return to clear, understandable conflict--good guys vs. bad guys, black and white, justice made simple. Lots more to Cap than just his powers.

As for the cameo, I'm thinking probably either Hawkeye or the Hulk. Cap's story takes place in the past, and they can't have just Thor alone discover him in the ice, so he's out. Nick Fury is out because Sam Jackson said he's not in Thor at all. The Black Widow and Tony Stark are probably out because they've already had their moments in the sun with the Iron Man franchise. That leaves Clint and Bruce. I could see Clint appearing as an envoy from SHIELD, basically offering Thor a slot on the team after he tears through that SHIELD base to retrieve his hammer and shows everyone how powerful he is. I could also see them getting a head-start on the Avengers plot by having Loki put the magic whammy on the Hulk, which could lead to a cool after-credits scene of Bruce walking up to a confused Thor and then suddenly having his eyes flash green.

Last edited:
If you'll recall, the Super Soldier Serum-esque thing that they gave Blonsky was experimental (probably an attempt to recreate the original serum they gave Cap) and wound up turning him into the Abomination. Probably not a great idea to mass-produce it. ;)

Besides, Captain America is more than just his powers. If they portray him right, he should be a national icon. Can you imagine how much of a morale boost it would be for the entire country if one of the greatest heroes of World War 2--the last "good" war, according to romantic historians--came back and took up the fight again today? It'd be a way of stepping back from the moral gray areas of today and promoting a return to clear, understandable conflict--good guys vs. bad guys, black and white, justice made simple. Lots more to Cap than just his powers.

As for the cameo, I'm thinking probably either Hawkeye or the Hulk. Cap's story takes place in the past, and they can't have just Thor alone discover him in the ice, so he's out. Nick Fury is out because Sam Jackson said he's not in Thor at all. The Black Widow and Tony Stark are probably out because they've already had their moments in the sun with the Iron Man franchise. That leaves Clint and Bruce. I could see Clint appearing as an envoy from SHIELD, basically offering Thor a slot on the team after he tears through that SHIELD base to retrieve his hammer and shows everyone how powerful he is. I could also see them getting a head-start on the Avengers plot by having Loki put the magic whammy on the Hulk, which could lead to a cool after-credits scene of Bruce walking up to a confused Thor and then suddenly having his eyes flash green.

thanks for the explanation, really appreciate it. Well that certainly explains a lot for TIH storyline.

well as for Capt America, since they said that they would contain scenes from the present day, i would assume that like the poster had mentioned above me, that it's possible that they could just cut to showing Capt America's body being found in Ice like how they had Coulson finding Thor's hammer at the end of Iron man.

or they could go with what you just said and have Loki appear to Bruce, where Mark would officially be introduced as the "new" bruce on screen for viewers..and given that Loki is the main antagonist of the film and is likely coming off the face of fresh defeat, it would make sense for him to been seen targeting Banner in the hopes to control him.

Eh, I guess they could discover Cap in the ice at the end. But that's kind of a big moment for the Avengers, and I doubt they'd start the Avengers movie up after it's already happened. So that means some random person finds Cap, which is kind of boring (and seems pretty unconnected to the main action of Thor's plot, unless Jane or someone important somehow finds themselves in the Arctic), and they basically have to replay that same scene with the Avengers in their film; or it means an Avenger finds Cap and then that moment is kind of ruined for the Avengers film. Neither one really strikes me as a great option, so while it is possible Cap could be involved, I sincerely hope it's someone else.

Loki and Bruce would be cool, too. :up:

Loki and Bruce would be cool, too. :up:

If I'm not mistaken, i think that I had read a report where one of the scientist characters that is with Jane Foster supposedly makes a remark about bruce Banner and how his life was ruined by science.

I want it to be Hawkeye.

Thor: Why hast thou brought me here Coulson?
Coulson: I'm here to show you the newest recruit on our team
Thor: Bah! What type of mortal is worthy enough to fight alongside the son of Odin? *throws a snack in the air to catch in his mouth*
*An arrow goes through the snack in midair & sticks to a wall*
Hawkeye: That good enough for ya, goldilocks?

This should also be the first we see of Hawkeye's costume...geekgasms would ensue.

Kind of makes Thor come off like an arrogant prick, even though the point of the movie is to divest him of his arrogance...

I'm not sure myself, with Cap coming out it could be him, tho I'd like to see banner/Hulk but I bet we only see Tony or Fury.

I chose Steve, not because I think he'll appear but because since his movie is coming out next they'll want to reference him.

Perhaps something like a quick shot of the Shield incased in ice.

I just thought of something if the Infinity Guantlet is huge....

So end credits----- fade to black

perhaps Loki appears before Banner with it..... and tells him the Guantlet grants the unser supreame control.... but clearly it was meant to be warn by a true titan........ of enormous size and streangth..... fade to black

The gauntlet of course also corrupts a user such as the Hulk.... opening the door for Loki to use him.

Eh, I suppose they could do that. Not really necessary, though. The Hulk's as susceptible to magic as anyone else, plus he's dumb enough that Loki could easily manipulate him just by talking to him for a while.

Mark Ruffalo appearing as Bruce Banner for the first time makes sense to me. Perhaps in his cabin in Canada a lone hiker (Loki in disguise) asks to have a word with him?

Hawkeye really doesn't NEED to be introduced before the Avengers (although it's certainly fine if he is). A simple introduction by Nick Fury along the lines of: "This is agent Clint Barton; or as we like to call him: Hawkeye. You'll find out soon enough why we call him that." (Or something along those lines).

Captain America of course. Why would Marvel give a boost on Hulk or Hawkeye when they don't "get" the next turn? At Cap's end credit Marvel perhaps can show Hawkeye but pretty much right now people don't know who the heck Clint Barton is. To put everything under perspective, movie audiences comprehend Hulk's RDJ cameo better than Iron Man 2's hammer cameo.

Thor's Easter Egg -> Steve Rogers reference
Cap's Easter Egg -> Clint Barton or Bruce Banner reference. I'm leaning toward Hulk because he's the more famous of the 2.
Avenger's Easter Egg -> Iron Man 3 or any next movie reference

What kind of reference, though? Cap's encased in ice when Thor's movie takes place, and the discovery of him in said ice should really be an Avengers thing.

It's best in the Avengers to have Cap already standing on his two feet from the beginning. So as not to waste 15-20 minutes in this action packed, compressed movie. Dethawing of Cap should best be done at the end of the Cap movie. There's gonna be SLJ Fury and Shield in Captain America.

As for Thor end credit, I like to see young Steve Rogers to play as an accurate as hell street ball pitcher in early 1930's. Or just Red Skull and the cosmic cube.

I think the end credit scene referencing or showing the Avengers' villain(s) would be cool.

Captain America of course. Why would Marvel give a boost on Hulk or Hawkeye when they don't "get" the next turn?

I'm relieved to see someone in this thread finally picked up on the most likely scenario. The cameos have started getting into a pattern where each one references the next, or the wider ensemble.

Iron Man: Nick Fury + Shield + Avengers hint.
Incredible Hulk: Stark + Avengers hint
Iron Man 2: Shield + Avengers, then Shield + Thor

What kind of reference, though?

The son of Odin sat, appraising the single eye gazing levelly from across the desk. It was unnerving. The gaze reminded him of his father, and even though this man was a mortal, there was an inner strength in that stare that commanded respect. The eye patched man then spoke.

"That hammer of yours is impressive. I can see how it could easily be a symbol, the kind of symbol that people can instantly recognise. There's just one problem. A hammer is not the kind of symbol that I'd expect to resonate with the people who need its protection."

The blonde man felt a mild annoyance tighten his jaw.

"What I'm looking for, and what I'm hoping you might be interested in joining, is a different kind of symbol."

"Oh? What kind of symbol?"

The one-eyed man reached down beside him and took hold of something from behind the desk. Hefting it high, he then stood up and placed the rim of object on desk, holding it firmly in a two-handed grip.

"This kind."

- Closing shot fades to black from a red, blue and white shield.

Wouldnt that mean having to film the added scene during the production of Capt America?

Thor is done filming and Cap is just about to get started. Unless its something vague, that doesnt require Evans to be shown in costume.

Rumor has it the Skrulls will be involved in The Avengers. If thats true, I expect the extra scene in Thor to have something to do with that.

Last edited:
So Fury tasks Thor with finding Cap?

I can't see that happening given that Samuel L Jackson has stated that his character doesn't appear whatsoever in Thor. If they wanted to go the route of Thor being taken to help find Captain America or at least told about him via shield, they could easily use Coulson since he already knows about Capt America as shown in Iron man 2.

I'd like it to be Ruffalo in the Cabin (ala the end of TIH)

Re-shoot the scene exactly, but with Ruffalo : And a clear indicator that it's Loki pulling the strings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"