Who Can Lift Mjolnir By Their Own Power?

That right there is the first valid point you've made in this debate.Not meaning to disrespect you at all but up untill now all you've said is that Thor looked shocked and suprised so there must be an enchantment.This new point you have brought up open's a new line of debate on this topic.
Althou I do have a possible answer for it...even I dont like it but it has been suggested that the Hammer that U Thor uses is not M'jenoir but a pease of tech....if thats the case it may be that UThor had it designed so that only he could lift it.I know its a streach but its possible.

And besides like I said in an other post ....I do belive that 616 Hulk once lifted 616 Thors hammer back in the 80's.If I remember right he passed out right after.
First valid point? No, there's been a couple......

Points I already mentioned were:

1) Thor's hammer IS called MJOLNIR in the movie so it is not just a piece of tech.
2) Hulk had trouble lifting it (with the obvious that Thor didn't).
3) Thor was surprised.

Again, I concluded with the idea of enchantment because that seems to be the most likely scenerio. It did not mean it had to be the 616 (or even an enchantment at all), but I was just curious on the circumstances surrounding the event and asked the question as I did. Which was not difficult as some others who answered it showed.

I made 2 attempts to reply to you that died on me while at work so that is why I said that. If you misstook that as I taking a knock at you then that was NOT my intent. To me it didn't seemed to have any enchantment on the movie version of Mjolnir. NOw if that is what you think then what can I do? I have my own opinions and you have yours.

It is just that it seems to me and other people that Hulk fans seem to have a hard on to the fact that Hulk can't override the enchantment on Mjolnir. Now my knowledge the Ultimate Thor doesn't have that enchantment on his hammer? If Im wrong then Im wrong. Also WHY does this matter some much too you? First of all it is NOT cannon ie not done in the comics. Second movies always deviate from the original source. Third if it makes you happy that a movie Hulk lifts a movie version Mjolnir then be happy. Just stop trying to convince people who don't think that.
To answer your question on it being so important, it's not that much but a bit, sure. Read my post above and you'll know why. I think it was a logical question to ask. And it did begin as something real simple and should have ended that way.

And yes, I am a Hulk fan, but Hulk does NOT have to lift mjolnir to make me happy or whatever. A non-Hulk fan could have asked the same question. Why is it that every time some Hulk fan asks a simple question in reference to Hulk doing something or 'possibly' doing something that guys like you gotta attack them as you seemd to in your post? Go back several pages and you'll see where I agreed with another poster that if Hulk lifted mjolnir, that it would be dumb.

As per the enchantment, again, read my post above this one. It gives the reasons why an enchantment was very possible.

I think the godblast is an inharent power that Thor has much like Hulk's ability to get stronger via rage. Mjolnir is a very power weapon in it's self alone! According the Norse beliefs it was the most powerful weapon that the God's had. But also I've yet to see Thor use his Godblast without Mjolnir so I think that Mjolnir is the trigger for that power?
Well, as another poster showed via scans, Thor can use a godblast w/o mjolnir. Which shows that the godblast is part of Thor and has nothing to do with mjolnir. He just channels it through mjolnir in the usual case scenerio.

And also, as another poster said, Thor described it himself a while ago that it was power that was in him. It is NOT in mjolnir.

The means of unleashing the godforce are likely a secret or else there would be a lot of damage from angry gods with no self control. Most gods even if they could unleash the energy would create a much smaller blast. Thor is the child of the two strongest of all Earth's gods so his divine energy is probably much stronger than most gods and may well be the strongest period.
I'm not sure I agree that a blast from other God's would be smaller. I think it would depend on their power level. Do we have any comic references with this issue?

First valid point? No, there's been a couple......

Points I already mentioned were:

1) Thor's hammer IS called MJOLNIR in the movie so it is not just a piece of tech.
3) Thor was surprised.

Again, I concluded with the idea of enchantment because that seems to be the most likely scenerio. It did not mean it had to be the 616 (or even an enchantment at all), but I was just curious on the circumstances surrounding the event and asked the question as I did. Which was not difficult as some others who answered it showed.

You other points could have had more then one explaination....

Not really a valid point.there are many reasons for this:
Thor could have called this new Hammer Mjolnir [if it were a peace of tech] after his original hammer.It wouldnt be the first time that a person place or thing has be givven a name in honor of an other.

This was the one point that you posted that I said was your first valid point

3) Thor was surprised.

Not a valid point.His suprise or shock could have ment many things.It could have been simply that no one other the him had ever lifted it before.How could Thor really have any idea of just how strong Hulk is or could get....it was the first time they met.He wouldnt have knowen that Hulk was stronger the him.We knew that but Thor did notAll Thor was sure of was that Hulk was strong and a good fighter.

While I agree that idea of an enchantment seems to be the most likely scenerio, the only point that you've brought to the debate that is undenible is [and I quote your words] "Hulk is stronger than Thor yet Thor lifts mjolnir easily in the movie. Hulk struggles to lift it. This suggests an enchantment".

You other points could have had more then one explaination....

Not really a valid point.there are many reasons for this:
Thor could have called this new Hammer Mjolnir [if it were a peace of tech] after his original hammer.It wouldnt be the first time that a person place or thing has be givven a name in honor of an other.

This was the one point that you posted that I said was your first valid point

3) Thor was surprised.

Not a valid point.His suprise or shock could have ment many things.It could have been simply that no one other the him had ever lifted it before.How could Thor really have any idea of just how strong Hulk is or could get....it was the first time they met.He wouldnt have knowen that Hulk was stronger the him.We knew that but Thor did notAll Thor was sure of was that Hulk was strong and a good fighter.

While I agree that idea of an enchantment seems to be the most likely scenerio, the only point that you've brought to the debate that is undenible is [and I quote your words] "Hulk is stronger than Thor yet Thor lifts mjolnir easily in the movie. Hulk struggles to lift it. This suggests an enchantment".
To answer:

1) It is a valid point and you're only ASSUMING (calling the hammer mjolnir out of honor), something you accused me of as something I shouldn't do (back in your first or second reply to me a couple of days ago)? :huh:

What we've got is the hammer being called mjolnir, Thor lifts it easily, Hulk has troubles.... this all equals an enchantment that mjolnir had before in the 616 universe. Since there are similarities between the 616 and the Ultimate movie universe, a rightful conclusion can be that of an enchantment. It doesn't mean there is an enchantment or even the 616 enchantment, but the possibility (and IMO, the highest possibility) is an enchantment.

2) No, you just said that Thor could lift it easily was a valid point. When I said Hulk had trouble, you didn't say it was a valid point. Hulk having trouble = Thor easily lifting it.

3) Thor's surprise still (can) supports the enchantment idea simply because Thor is showing that what Hulk is doing (lifitng mjolnir) is something that is incredible, perhaps impossible. Your point on Hulk being stronger than what Thor thought is possible, but when coupled with the Hulk having trouble lifting it and just all the similarities between the 616 and UM universes, Thor's surprise is one that seems more consistent with an enchantment, at least IMO.

Now, I'll admit, it may be the weakest point, but a valid point to use with the other two points.

To answer:

1) It is a valid point and you're only ASSUMING (calling the hammer mjolnir out of honor), something you accused me of as something I shouldn't do (back in your first or second reply to me a couple of days ago)? :huh:

What we've got is the hammer being called mjolnir, Thor lifts it easily, Hulk has troubles.... this all equals an enchantment that mjolnir had before in the 616 universe. Since there are similarities between the 616 and the Ultimate movie universe, a rightful conclusion can be that of an enchantment. It doesn't mean there is an enchantment or even the 616 enchantment, but the possibility (and IMO, the highest possibility) is an enchantment.

2) No, you just said that Thor could lift it easily was a valid point. When I said Hulk had trouble, you didn't say it was a valid point. Hulk having trouble = Thor easily lifting it.

3) Thor's surprise still (can) supports the enchantment idea simply because Thor is showing that what Hulk is doing (lifitng mjolnir) is something that is incredible, perhaps impossible. Your point on Hulk being stronger than what Thor thought is possible, but when coupled with the Hulk having trouble lifting it and just all the similarities between the 616 and UM universes, Thor's surprise is one that seems more consistent with an enchantment, at least IMO.

Now, I'll admit, it may be the weakest point, but a valid point to use with the other two points.

[1] I'm not assuming anything..........I'm just pointing to one of many reasons that the hammer could have been called mjolnir.Personaly I really dont have a clue anymore.Up untill I heard that in the up-coming Ultimates book U Thor may be carring a hammer that looks more like the 616 counterpart I thought that it was Mjolnir.Wether the roumor is true and if it then holds true for the Animated Universe we'll just have to wait and see.

On the other hand you did assume that since it was called Mjolnir then it could not be a peace of tech. I only point out to you an other possiblty.

[2]Because of the way you posted this I'm not sure what your saying.Maybe you didnt understand what I was saying.Let me restate what I was saying.
Hulk is stronger Then Thor ,fact.
Hulk struggles to lift the hammer, fact.
Thor lifts the hammer eazily, fact.
This suggest's to us that there may be an enchament in play here.This is a very strong point in your debate to porve your point.
But its not the only possible reason.I could suggest a good number of other possiblties but none would be as likily to be correct as the one you have put foward.

[3] Your right Thor's surprised reaction can suport the idea of an enchanment.But not by its self and at the first post two posts of yours that I responded to you were:;::

This has been debated numerous times, but the Hulk in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS movie lifted mjolnir. Nobody seems to know if mjolnir had the same enchantment as in the 616 universe. Thor even seemed surprised in the movie when Hulk lifted it. Any thoughts?
This still didn't answer the question? The poster I quoted above, Dan Slot, said Hulk (any universe version was implied, I'm sure) never lifted mjolnir. Yet the movie showed Hulk STRUGGLING to lift mjolnir. And when Hulk lifted mjolnir, Thor was ALL SURPRISED at this. This has to imply that there was an enchantment else Hulk could have lifted it w/o any problem and Thor wouldn't have been all surprised.

You seemd to be very focused on the "suprised" and "shocked " reaction of Thor and were putting it foward that the only reason that he would react that was was because of an enchanment...at least when you made these post.
Altho it may be the case, Thors reaction can be explained many different ways witch is why I put foward the possible different reason's why Thor may have acted that way

What does it matter? It's a scene from a mediocre cartoon Movie. It is meaningless to the overall discussion.

arguing about what happens in a poor cartoon is really a waste of time.

the cartoon highlights nothing.

thor's surprise may be because the hulk now has a weapon and he's going to get bashed with it.

it's weight or potential enchantment is not really spoken of. In fact it's not really addressed whether this thor is an actual god or not so all bases of all coversations are completely and utterly pointless.

could conan lift Mjolnir? because if so. wow.

Nah,.. Canon Conan was a thief.
and a rapist of the sort that women changed their minds halfway through the assault as something they "wanted" from him in their age.

Nah,.. Canon Conan was a thief.
and a rapist of the sort that women changed their minds halfway through the assault as something they "wanted" from him in their age.

thief yes
rapist not so much.
he was also a dedicated friend, fierce warrior, brilliant comander of men, and the embodiment of everything the Norsemen held dear.
at least as far as Robert E Howard wrote him.

What does it matter? It's a scene from a mediocre cartoon Movie. It is meaningless to the overall discussion.
I agree with you! But it seems to matter a great deal to rodhulk???! Hench this thread continuing to circle around a 5 sec. scene in ok cartoon. I still say movies should not count for anything in regards to comics!!!!

Yeah, the Hulk still hasn't lifted Mjolnir in the mainstream comics.

Mjolnir is a lift ****
Ah no... Mjolnir is not a lift **** it is a lift *****! A lift **** will let anyone lift while a lift ***** will let anyone lift it, but YOU!:woot: Hench the reason why Steve Rogers could like it while the Hulk can't. MAybe the Hulk is too ugly for Mjolnir???

it would be funny if banner could lift it but because of his hulk persona actually couldn't channel its energies so it's just an ordinary hammer in his hands...

it'll give the hulk some other lil minor thing to use to fuel his hate of banner

every time it gets lifted it makes those who can lift it less special.

Weren't you the one who was talking about how Ben Grimm should've been able to lift it?
No, I was asking Dan to share his view on why Ben couldn't lift it. I don't think Ben should be able to lift it. It just didn't make sense to me that, based on his valor and warrior merits, he wouldn't be able to if someone like Eric Masterson could.

No, I was asking Dan to share his view on why Ben couldn't lift it. I don't think Ben should be able to lift it. It just didn't make sense to me that, based on his valor and warrior merits, he wouldn't be able to if someone like Eric Masterson could.

Huh? You don't think Ben should be able to lift it, but you were confused as to why he couldn't lift it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"