Who Can Lift Mjolnir By Their Own Power?

Yes. I'm glad he can't lift it, but judging by who has lifted it, I was confused about why he couldn't. There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency to the enchantment, since Ben's gotta be a more noble protector-type than Eric Masterson or Dargo Ktor (the first time he lifted Mjolnir, anyway).

Or I could just be totally wrong on what it really takes to lift Mjolnir in the first place.

Ben does what he does not out of nobility but out of a sense of obligation and stubbornness. He is full of self pity and self loathing. Brave yeah but not noble and not a true warrior spirit.

Ben does have a lot of self loathing and self pity, but his spirit is as noble as they come. He does what he does because it's the right thing to do. For example, the reason he's remained as the Thing is because in order to be cured, the cosmic radiation he absorbed would have to be transferred to someone else. Ben's not willing to put that on someone else's shoulders.

It has been hypothesized that the real reason that guys like Eric and Dargo were able to lift and use the hammer is because Odin seeded their soul's with a fraction of Thor's life force......so as to ensure that Ragnorock could never truly come....because where there is Thor there is Asgard.

Ben does what he does not out of nobility but out of a sense of obligation and stubbornness. He is full of self pity and self loathing. Brave yeah but not noble and not a true warrior spirit.

Not noble?

Please explain.

The guy is the one you want to have your back in a fight,.. someone who will take the high road everytime if he has you out matched.

I guess I don't understand what you mean.:dry:

It has been hypothesized that the real reason that guys like Eric and Dargo were able to lift and use the hammer is because Odin seeded their soul's with a fraction of Thor's life force......so as to ensure that Ragnorock could never truly come....because where there is Thor there is Asgard.

That makes a lot more sense then Eric and Dargo just being honorable enough, because really, they weren't.

Ben does have a lot of self loathing and self pity, but his spirit is as noble as they come. He does what he does because it's the right thing to do. For example, the reason he's remained as the Thing is because in order to be cured, the cosmic radiation he absorbed would have to be transferred to someone else. Ben's not willing to put that on someone else's shoulders.

Ben was cured without the energy being transferred. Galactus changed him back into the Thing as punishment. At that time he was wearing a suit of armor that looked like his Thing body.

Ben stays with the FF because they are the closest thing to family that he has and he feels quitting would be disloyal. He was happier with the U.C.W.F. than he ever was as a member of the FF. His appearance and his powers as the Thing are a direct product of his self image. That is what caused the cosmic rays to mutate him that way. He doesn't want to be the Thing and do the hero bit. He feels like he has little choice.

Helping family's not noble? Thor himself spent the better part of his life fighting off giants and trolls who threatened his home, his people, and his family. I'm curious what does count as nobility to you because you seem to have some pretty high standards.
That makes a lot more sense then Eric and Dargo just being honorable enough, because really, they weren't.
Eric certainly wasn't. Dargo may have been. He was an active part of the resistance against the oppression of his time.

Even so, his haircut was so *****ey that Mjolnir should've rejected him outright. :o

Yeah, that was a super-mullet. The Corp apparently prevents people in the future from having good hairstyles. Truly oppressive. :(

Well on the bad hair style note.....Since some of us have been asking wether other universe characters can lift the hammer or not, I believe that [and some of you guys might laugh] Goku from DBZ might be able .......what do you guys thing??????????

Well on the bad hair style note.....Since some of us have been asking wether other universe characters can lift the hammer or not, I believe that [and some of you guys might laugh] Goku from DBZ might be able .......what do you guys thing??????????

I "thing"....no.

Because he's an idiot. He's not noble or anything, he's just a really, really powerful moron.

The enchantment doesn't say you have to be a bright bulb.

It doesn't say you have to be blonde either, but most of the people who've lifted it are.

Goku is Blonde when he wants to be. If it weren't for Beta Ray Bill,i'd believe Mjolnir would be a racist.

Mjolnir :heart:'s teh Aryans. You know Thor hung out with the Nazis in WWII, right?

Helped them hide the Jew Gold didn't he?

Morty Lowenstein's dental work. :( For shame.

We joke, but the Norse gods were serious a**holes about that kind of thing. They once tricked a giant into building them a fortress to defend themselves against his own people, then killed him afterward. And 'noble' Odin was there patting Loki on the back for coming up with a way to weasel out of their deal.

The Gods are A-holes. With that kinda power though, who wouldn't be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"