Arrow Who died in the finale?

$0UL3$$

Civilian
Reaction score
Wendy Mericle said that we might lose some people and I don't think the showrunners are that stupid to pull off such a big cliffhanger without losing anyone so who dies? Is it just one person or are there multiple deaths? The only people we are sure of that are alive are Dinah, Oliver, William, Thea, Rene and Black Siren since there are confirmed as regulars for next seasons and Thea is said to be never killed off by Marc G since she is the only surviving family member of Oliver.

No one. At least no one who is on this list.

Malcolm and Boomerang for sure.
I don't think they have the cohones to retire the original members of Team Arrow.

The assassins likely smoke bombed their way off the island.

Yeah, nobody on that list. Apparently John Barrowman has confirmed that was his last appearance on Arrow - and quite a good way for the character to go out.

Otherwise, I doubt anyone died. Personally, I believe that there's an unwritten rule that for a character to really die, you have to actually see it - I have a big problem with off-screen deaths (and not just hearing someone die but not seeing it, or a scene that so strongly implies someone died that it's almost an inescapable conclusion- like Merlyn's death ). Strucker's death in Age of Ultron I thought a real waste - I mean, why introduce a character to the audience and not show their end ?

I suppose that despite Barrowman's comments we might see Merlyn again - he was a fan favorite. I always thought that every episode he was in was better for his presence.

Ultimately, I reckon only Chase and some goons died.

And if it is everybody on the island. William will possibly hate Oliver for the rest of his life...Oliver as mayor will come out an announce that he is Green Arrow.

Felicity will come back probably.

Or...everyone survived in the plane...hopefully.

Malcolm was one of my favorite villains. Deathstroke...well...man...they can't kill everyone off can they?

I bet doppleganger Laurel won't be dead.

This will be like the Moldavian Massacre in 80s soap Dynasty, where the entire cast was gunned down in a season-ending cliffhanger, but it was revealed that only a couple actually died and they were mostly guest stars.

I think Evelyn will be dead and so will Quentin.

I think the whole Quentin Lance dying strikes a cord with Black Siren and it'll be Oliver there to help her through it and due to that, she becomes Black Canary again.

I'm fully content with Dinah being the one and only BC finally.

Black Siren is alive, Katie is a series regular next season. Which means that Quentin will survive since there are still so many stories to explore with those two.

I think Evelyn will be dead and so will Quentin.

I think the whole Quentin Lance dying strikes a cord with Black Siren and it'll be Oliver there to help her through it and due to that, she becomes Black Canary again.

I don't think Quentin will die. They'll probably want to use him in E2 Laurel Lance's progress through season 6. Maybe they'll kill him off later once that journey is complete and they seem to have bonded more, but doing it now seems to be premature. I don't think she'd react that adversely to him dying right now anyway.

Is Dinah going to be a regular next season? If not, I could see her dying.

She is. But even going through the trouble of naming her Black Canary they wouldnt just go kill her off.

I hope this is an opportunity to bring in a proper merlyn thats more in line with the comics.

I hope this is an opportunity to bring in a proper merlyn that's more in line with the comics.

As much as this show has a habit of having multiple characters donning the same persona, I don't see where else they could've taken the Merlyn character.

As much as this show has a habit of having multiple characters donning the same persona, I don't see where else they could've taken the Merlyn character.

I honestly think one that isnt' connected to him previously, has a much bigger rivalry, as I felt the rivalry just wasn't there past season 1, and isn't his sisters father.

Are they going to pull another person named Merlyn out of a hat? The brother or son he never had? He can't be completely unconnected. If someone completely random with that same name popped up, everyone's still going to wonder if he's related somehow. And it will sound ridiculous to have to keep saying "No, he's not related in any way. He just coincidentally shares the same name."

If it is a code name they could do that.

One of the issues with Merlyn besides being played out is that they wouldn't allow him out of the shadows after he "died". They lost plenty of storylines by refusing to do that which is something I am hoping they dont do with Black Siren. If the character is meant to succeed and work, she will have to reveal herself to the public.

yeah, I mean they did vertigo twice if IIRC, no reason they can't have a proper merlyn.

The only one whose surely dead is Adrian. Everyone else? Honestly, I'd say they all either live or "no body found". And I specifically include Malcolm and Digger in that declaration. Not only are they not dead, but I think their not-being-dead will be the mechanic for everyone else surviving.

I've heard S6's theme is "Family." With that in mind, I feel like Samantha is probably dead or in a coma, and Oliver has to take care of William for most or all of S6. They really can't go anywhere else with his "inner darkness" storyline; this season kind of wrapped all that up, I feel. So how else do you create drama in Oliver's life? Make him figure out a way to juggle being a mayor, Green Arrow, and a father. It will also allow for lots of bonding between him, Diggle, Rene, and Quentin as they all struggle with different fatherhood issues (Diggle's apparent marital issues with Lyla perhaps getting in the way of his relationship with JJ, Rene trying to be a father again, and Quentin struggling with Black Siren's existence).

Plus it adds a dynamic to the show that has been missing for a while now: normalcy. Since Moira died, there's not really been a sense of "real life" to this show. It's all about vigilantism. S5 went toward fixing that with a lot of Oliver's time being taken as mayor. We saw Quentin, Thea, and Rene all working with him. But I'd love to see some stuff outside the mayor's office and the Arrowcave. Can we see where Oliver's been living? Maybe start using the homes (Felicity's apartment, Diggle's house, etc.) as set pieces more often?

Anyway, I doubt anyone else will die. Boomerang, maybe. But nobody else. Unless Talia's actress is unavailable, I'm sure they'll bring her back. They love Nyssa too much to kill her. Thea, Diggle, and Felicity are all safe. We know Rene and Dinah are series regulars now. Curtis is safe (actor just tweeted an image of him and Black Siren with #SeasonSix). Quentin's safe–because Black Siren's safe, and they'll use her relationship with him next season. Slade is hopefully safe, but if anyone else dies, sadly it'll probably be him. Evelyn, it's a toss-up. I can see her dying so they can sweep that situation under the rug, but I can also see her surviving and Oliver trying to work on redeeming her. So, we'll see.

I've heard S6's theme is "Family." With that in mind, I feel like Samantha is probably dead or in a coma, and Oliver has to take care of William for most or all of S6. They really can't go anywhere else with his "inner darkness" storyline; this season kind of wrapped all that up, I feel. So how else do you create drama in Oliver's life? Make him figure out a way to juggle being a mayor, Green Arrow, and a father. It will also allow for lots of bonding between him, Diggle, Rene, and Quentin as they all struggle with different fatherhood issues (Diggle's apparent marital issues with Lyla perhaps getting in the way of his relationship with JJ, Rene trying to be a father again, and Quentin struggling with Black Siren's existence).

Plus it adds a dynamic to the show that has been missing for a while now: normalcy. Since Moira died, there's not really been a sense of "real life" to this show. It's all about vigilantism. S5 went toward fixing that with a lot of Oliver's time being taken as mayor. We saw Quentin, Thea, and Rene all working with him. But I'd love to see some stuff outside the mayor's office and the Arrowcave. Can we see where Oliver's been living? Maybe start using the homes (Felicity's apartment, Diggle's house, etc.) as set pieces more often?

Anyway, I doubt anyone else will die. Boomerang, maybe. But nobody else. Unless Talia's actress is unavailable, I'm sure they'll bring her back. They love Nyssa too much to kill her. Thea, Diggle, and Felicity are all safe. We know Rene and Dinah are series regulars now. Curtis is safe (actor just tweeted an image of him and Black Siren with #SeasonSix). Quentin's safe–because Black Siren's safe, and they'll use her relationship with him next season. Slade is hopefully safe, but if anyone else dies, sadly it'll probably be him. Evelyn, it's a toss-up. I can see her dying so they can sweep that situation under the rug, but I can also see her surviving and Oliver trying to work on redeeming her. So, we'll see.

Pretty spot on with what I've been thinking. Also, seeing Slade's relationship with Joe could be interesting, since he most likely survives. Hope he appears a lot in S6.

Pretty spot on with what I've been thinking. Also, seeing Slade's relationship with Joe could be interesting, since he most likely survives. Hope he appears a lot in S6.

Unless the show retconned it and I missed it, Joe's dead; Slade killed him in the Arrow - Vengeance novel. We do have the potential to find out where Grant, his son from LOT, came from, though.

Oliver gave Slade a hard drive with information regarding Joe at the beginning of the episode. I don't really like retcons most of the time, to be honest.

Oliver gave Slade a hard drive with information regarding Joe at the beginning of the episode. I don't really like retcons most of the time to be honest.

Huh. Not surprising; the novels definitely don't seem to be acknowledged by the show's canon. In the novel, Slade and Digger had also known each other for years working in ASIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"