Who Do You Dress For?

Colossal Spoons

Paper boi
Reaction score
I've had this convo with a few people but it was brought up on a TV show I was watching yesterday and I would love to see what you Hypsters have to say.

When you're getting dressed to go out in public; do you pick your outfit/style your hair/etc because:

1) It's comfortable for you and you like the way it makes you look

2) You want to attract attention from the opposite sex

or

3) You want to look nice for your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/wife

I've had this convo with a few people but it was brought up on a TV show I was watching yesterday and I would love to see what you Hypsters have to say.

When you're getting dressed to go out in public; do you pick your outfit/style your hair/etc because:

1) It's comfortable for you and you like the way it makes you look

2) You want to attract attention from the opposite sex

or

3) You want to look nice for your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/wife

Mostly #1, with a light, delicate balance of 2. Although, 2 doesn't seem to be working. lol

2 i want chicks to want my body, who cares about anything else

#1, I've never been one to follow whatever the latest trend is as far as clothes and such. I wear what I want because I'm comfortable in it. No sense dressing up as someone I'm not just to impress the opposite sex.

Mostly #1, but if me and the Wife are going out for dinner or something special than I wear what she likes.

I have a lack of clothes really, due to filling cupboard with DVD's, so i wear one of a few shirts and jeans mostly. Although the sexier i look, the better ;)

I have a lack of clothes really, due to filling cupboard with DVD's, so i wear one of a few shirts and jeans mostly. Although the sexier i look, the better ;)

Instead of buying DVDs buy more clothes.:o

there's no point in dressing for the opposite sex if dressing that way isn't comfortable for you . . . that's why anyone tries to 'fake it' can't really get the ladies . . .

Pretty much mainly #1. Even before when I was single. I wouldn't go out looking like a slob but I don't get dressed up unless its a special occasion.

80% of the time I'm dressed for work. It's not like there's really any reason to change out of khaki cargors just to hang out.

The guys that wear the same thing every day, a t-shirt and jeans, aren't dressing for anyone but themselves. Once they get a girl however, you notice they slowly start to wear button down shirts...then pants...then watches, and so on. Where I work, we can either wear dress shirts and khakis or pants and the polo shirts with the logos. Most of the dudes wear the polos because they're still in their college days, but I do the dress shirts mostly because I like to look the part, personally.

The guys that wear the same thing every day, a t-shirt and jeans, aren't dressing for anyone but themselves. Once they get a girl however, you notice they slowly start to wear button down shirts...then pants...then watches, and so on. Where I work, we can either wear dress shirts and khakis or pants and the polo shirts with the logos. Most of the dudes wear the polos because they're still in their college days, but I do the dress shirts mostly because I like to look the part, personally.
Cause watches really make the girls wet, right? :confused:

Maybe some guys, but not all. I've been with my girl for three years now and haven't changed my style at all.

I dress for comfort. All my stuff is all ragged and faded anyway, so I'm back in style I guess.

Maybe some guys, but not all. I've been with my girl for three years now and haven't changed my style at all.

Rebel without a cause. :o I need to dress up moreso, as I suspect people will think I'm one of those b-ball players or something if I'm doing the t-shirts and jersesys all day. If I'm meeting the parents of a girl, then yeah, I will wear something other than a t-shirt and those baggy jeans I hang out in.

All the time it's #1 and sometimes it's #1 & #3.

The guys that wear the same thing every day, a t-shirt and jeans, aren't dressing for anyone but themselves. Once they get a girl however, you notice they slowly start to wear button down shirts...then pants...then watches, and so on.

I used to wear ridiculous Rockstar clothes like this gorilla coat:

PCP10.jpg

and, like, 3 belts and bug glasses:

PCP.jpg

not just on stage but on the street as well.

Then, here's me with my fiance at the time:

20spic-2.jpg

and then here's the boring compromise I wear now.

20spic-9.jpg

:wifebeater:

Just don't let your underwear get too comfortable.

LMAO!! good one :D I'm wearing a wife-pusher today; it's wife-beater material, but it's shaped like a cut-off tee, so it's not as wife-beaty as a beater :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"