Who else felt they were in on the Christian Bale train early?

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
Heh heh, there is a sense of pride almost in discovering a talent before it hits big. You were kind of there on the train before anyone else could even find a seat :)

I remember following Bale from near the start of his career when I was even just a young lad (can an american call himself a lad? :confused: ). I saw American Psycho at the theatre enough times to make people think something is wrong with me... I've since bought about every movie he's been in, because most of them are quite good.

Many didn't even know who he was during the Batman casting, just being told to check out "American Psycho" and "Equilibrium"

Kind of makes you smile now doesn't it? :D

You see these people finally catching on... Batman--The Machinist---The Prestige... Yep.

Bale is awesome :up:

Good to have been on that train, hopefully Bale stays on track for years to come!

3783_18.jpg

I remember that after I saw American Psycho, I found myself going "Oh, this guy Christian Bale is great. Seriously, see the movie. It's badass."

Look where he's at now.

First saw Bale in American Psycho back in 2000. Thought he was awesome and checked out his other stuff. And have been a fan ever since.

I remember watching Empire of the Sun of think hes going to go far :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

First thing i saw him in was reign of Fire 2002, couldnt have cared less then or now of how popular he has become, all i like him for is his acting (super acting at that) Much like Paddy Considine at the moment, remeber the name :p

first saw him in American Psycho in about '02, became a fan, now believe him to be God

Not sure which movie started the Bale-Bat train, but I saw Equilibrium in it's oh so short theatrical run and was touting him as the perfect Batman to my friend before leaving the theater.

Heh heh, there is a sense of pride almost in discovering a talent before it hits big. You were kind of there on the train before anyone else could even find a seat :)

I remember following Bale from near the start of his career when I was even just a young lad (can an american call himself a lad? :confused: ). I saw American Psycho at the theatre enough times to make people think something is wrong with me... I've since bought about every movie he's been in, because most of them are quite good.

Many didn't even know who he was during the Batman casting, just being told to check out "American Psycho" and "Equilibrium"

Kind of makes you smile now doesn't it? :D

You see these people finally catching on... Batman--The Machinist---The Prestige... Yep.

Bale is awesome :up:

Good to have been on that train, hopefull Bale stays on track for years to come!

3783_18.jpg

Oh come on, everybody on the internet has loved Bale since American Psycho. He's widely considered to be one of the most popular stars on the net, he has a huge fan base.

I have been hearing his name on the wisps of the tips of wind since he was just a little wee parasite in his mothers stomache.

The great god of Destiny!:
regularimg_1830_640.jpg

Told me to expect the second coming of Christ and he told me his name would be "Christian Bale"

So beat that.

I've never gotten on the train, myself. Not that he's not a good actor or anything, but he's just too in. Being a Bale fanboy is like buying a pair of pleather pants in 1986.

when i saw the Newsies i liked the film, but i didn't pay much attention to the kid who was in it (i was a kid myself)...

...fast foward 8 years later, i see American Psycho and laughed my @$$ off. from then on i kept an eye on Bale. i saw him in Shaft and Reign of Fire before "Intimidation Game" even got off the ground. funny thing was, after seeing him in Shaft, i thought he would make a great Cyclops.

I was a fan since American Psycho and Shaft.
True story.

Him being Batman and Borden made it even better. :up:

I saw American Psycho on TV late one night and to be honest Bale's performance creeped the hell outta me...it was that good.

That was my first exposure to Bale.

Then of course came Batman Begins.

Then about last year, I saw Equilbrium on TV...never heard of the movie before and it caught my eye. Much more enjoyable than those confusing Matrix movies. :dry:

Then I read about his life, his dedication to acting and his overall personality and got the vibe that he's a pretty cool guy...a real professional who's got a very anti-Hollywood kind of attitude. I like that. :up:

So considering that and the fact that I've enjoyed all the films i've seen him in...I guess that puts me on the train?

--Oh, and I bought "The Prestige" last week...just haven't had any time to watch it yet. I heard it was great though.

i almost forgot about him in Shaft. "YOU WANT MY SHOES?!!" damn that was cool.

His performance in Shaft was actually really underated. When watching it I was already a big fan of him and his acting yet when I saw his performance it was so good I hated him for being an absoloute dick

I think the first time I saw him was in "Little Women" as Laurie because my sister brought home the movie from the library.

His performance in Shaft was actually really underated. When watching it I was already a big fan of him and his acting yet when I saw his performance it was so good I hated him for being an absoloute dick

i agree...he really held his own in that movie. he was definitely a good "bad guy".
i also remember that his death was one of the first where i actually believed a character died because his mouth was hanging open when (as opposed to most movie deaths where their mouths are closed).

I liked him when he wasn't overhyped by the fan community as "teh greatest actor Evah!". He is good, and good at getting prepared for roles...but he is not the acting god people make him out to be. He is still not a DiCaprio, or Penn, or Robbins, or Damon, or Crowe, or even a Clooney....he just is consistent in what he does, but has yet, in my opinion, produce anything Oscar or Globes worthy.

Not sure which movie started the Bale-Bat train, but I saw Equilibrium in it's oh so short theatrical run and was touting him as the perfect Batman to my friend before leaving the theater.

Same.

I saw him in Newsies years befoer Batman, but I wouldn't say I was on the "Bale Train" early.

I saw him in Newsies years befoer Batman, but I wouldn't say I was on the "Bale Train" early.

He gave me the first same impression i had about Hugh Jackman and Danial Craig. It has taken Craig longer but i see a big future for these 3 actors. They have a way to go before they are actors like Johnny Depp status but they are on there way.

when i saw american psycho (in theatres) i just kept thinking, "damn this guy would be a rad nightwing!"

i remember watching and loving newsies when i was younger, but i didnt know until the early years of BB and bales casting that that was him in the movie.

I have been hearing his name on the wisps of the tips of wind since he was just a little wee parasite in his mothers stomache.

The great god of Destiny!:
regularimg_1830_640.jpg

Told me to expect the second coming of Christ and he told me his name would be "Christian Bale"

So beat that.
Nostradamus predicted Bale's rise to stardom.

Never been on the train and I dont think I ever will be. Theres something about him that makes me say "Really? This is guy that everyone thinks is God?" He's a good actor, but theres always something about him that pisses me off. Like how he always has this really stupid face in all his movies. Or how he totally phoned in Batman. I can't believe people buy that voice he made.

depending on what you mean by train...

I was a huge fan of his pre Batman begins, cause I really dig American Pyscho, and Reign of Fire, but when I herd he was up for BB, I was like...really? And then I saw him in it and all was right with the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"