Christian Bale Disappointed in His Batman Performances

I don't really understand why some people feel Bale should be ashamed of himself for the fight scenes; that's more on the director and fight choreographer, as well as the costume designer outfitting him with a suit that was difficult to move around in.

Simple, they lack even the most basic knowledge of how a fight is filmed.

Bale deserves no blame for the trilogy's craptastic fights.

People disliked the fights? Outside of Begins I thought the fights were great and fit.

I actually preferred them in Begins I thought the way they shot the fights in BB really worked. Most notably in the docks scene.

The fight scenes got worse as the trilogy went along from what I remember. They were good in begins, fine if maybe a little clunky in TDK, and pretty terrible in Rises. I admire Nolan for a variety of reasons but fight choreography isn't one of them.

I actually preferred them in Begins I thought the way they shot the fights in BB really worked. Most notably in the docks scene.

I love the docks scene but I think the fight inside Arkham was actually a notch better.

Batman taking down the two SWAT teams and Joker's goons in TDK is also very underrated. That's the most efficient Batman has fought in all the movies, thus far.

ugh don't even get me started on the squandered potential of Nolan's Arkham ^ very lame

Can't wait to see Ayer's Arkham, it's going to be great. it's even got personalized cells, as we've seen for Croc

Bale shouldn't be disappointed. the problem was the overly realistic world that surrounded him. Ra's was especially neutered. The batcave and Arkham as well. and their version of Robin :dry:

Thank god for the DCEU

Nolan gave us some great movies, but that was not the Batman i wanted to see. That was Nolan's Batman. This is Snyder's Batman, but luckily, Snyder's Batman adheres to the comics

People disliked the fights? Outside of Begins I thought the fights were great and fit.

Agreed. I think Begins ones were good too, just some problem with camera shaking in some.

They the best Batman movies. So much like the comics.

Agreed. I think Begins ones were good too, just some problem with camera shaking in some.

They the best Batman movies. So much like the comics.
Eh. They took some inspiration from the comics for sure. But they were overly realistic. The only comic that was that realistic was Year One. It's like Nolan read Year One and decided to create an entire universe based on that. But that's just the beginning, right after Year One, things get so crazy and unrealistic, and that's what I love about Batman's world.

I'm so thankful we're getting the DCEU, which is a lot more like the comics that i enjoy. The powers that be understand what makes Batman's world so special, they're not holding back

Disagreed. Most comic books are crazy and unrealistic so Batman not special for that. You not see new movies yet so you don't know if they get Batman right. Crazy and unrealistic doesn't get Batman right. Batman and Robin movie was crazy and unrealistic but nobody think that get Batman right because of that lol.

Bale also not saying he had problem with his Batman world. He just say he feel he didn't fully nail what he wanted in his performance. Performance have nothing to do with his Batman world. That not something he control, like the fight scenes.

Last edited:
sad to see he's disappointed, The Dark knight remains one of my favorite movies and im looking forward to seeing Affleck's work with the character

I recall pretty blatantly seeing the CIA agent fire a gun in Dark Knight Rises and there's no flash or recoil on the gun at all, but you hear the gun shot.

Some of the editing and action beats for the Nolan trilogy are very sloppy. It's pretty undeniable.

I overall really like the trilogy and I love Dark Knight. I just think Dark Knight Rises is a disappointing problematic story. I was never keen on the idea of an ending to the Batman saga.

Bale did a good job I think. Sometimes I think we didn't get enough of his detective skills, but they did more of that in the later films. I just never liked Batman going into hiding for eight years, building a Batcave...and not using it. The Bat-growl voice just didn't work. He needed to tone it down.

Bale is and was perfect for the version of Batman he played. It was a more human and plausible batman/realistic one.

Bale was the best Batman so far. Heath Ledger wouldn't have shined like he did if Batman didn't create the appropriate opposition. Bale is Batman. Heath is Joker forever. George Clooney was the worst lol

While I enjoyed all the films immensely, I came to a realization a few weeks ago. I was talking about Superman with my mom and she mentioned how she preferred Batman, especially Christian Bale and how Batffleck looks too dark. It made me realize that the problem with Chris Nolan's (not necessarily Bale) Batman is that it wasn't really Batman. It was almost Superman in Batman's world. The character was too noble, too good and heroic to truly be Batman. I realized then that Superman needs more storytelling that can show him in the interesting light that Bale was shown in. And that Batman is a much darker and grittier character. He's angry, sarcastic and usually pissed off, much like in the 90's and DCAU. I hope Batffleck can bring that Batman back, the real Batman.

Sad to hear about Bale though, I thought he did a fantastic job with what he was given.

Bale was the best Batman so far. Heath Ledger wouldn't have shined like he did if Batman didn't create the appropriate opposition. Bale is Batman. Heath is Joker forever. George Clooney was the worst lol

Agreed.

While I enjoyed all the films immensely, I came to a realization a few weeks ago. I was talking about Superman with my mom and she mentioned how she preferred Batman, especially Christian Bale and how Batffleck looks too dark. It made me realize that the problem with Chris Nolan's (not necessarily Bale) Batman is that it wasn't really Batman. It was almost Superman in Batman's world. The character was too noble, too good and heroic to truly be Batman. I realized then that Superman needs more storytelling that can show him in the interesting light that Bale was shown in. And that Batman is a much darker and grittier character. He's angry, sarcastic and usually pissed off, much like in the 90's and DCAU. I hope Batffleck can bring that Batman back, the real Batman.

Disagreed. Bale Batman is as noble and heroic as Batman should be. He still be dark and angry when he have to. He lock himself in interrogation room to beat up Joker. He break ankles to interrogate suspect. He knock over Police cars in chase. He hang corrupt Cop upside down on Batrope and pull him up and down from top of building to terrorize answers from him. He do lots of dark angry things but he still heroic noble hero Batman should be. That is proper Batman. That just like 90's Dcau Batman. He noble and heroic too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"