Superman Returns Who else thought

Angel Of Dark

Civilian
Reaction score
that Singer and his crew did the right thing at the end, by not having Lois run away with Superman, but by having her stay with Richard....... I thought she did the right thing, jason still sees Richard as his dad....

it is the right thing..its sorta the pa kent-jor-el deal reversed..hence his speech at the end :up:

The hero never gets the girl in the first film. Shes clearly in love with Richard so it makes sense she would stay.

Superman got his happy ending also. He has hope for the future, he doesnt feel as alien anymore...as alone.

I don't have any issues with Lois not running off with Superman. I just don't like this kid being Superman's son idea though. I know seeing that SR is taking into consideration the continuity of the foirst two movies and that they did sleep together. But did that event have to have made her pregnant with Kal-El's baby? What also distirbs me is that the kid seems to exhibit a slight case of Gohanitis, with his powers surfacing at the right moment. And last time I checked Superman didn't wear orange martial arts gi's and call himself Goku.

Godzilla2000 said:
I don't have any issues with Lois not running off with Superman. I just don't like this kid being Superman's son idea though. I know seeing that SR is taking into consideration the continuity of the foirst two movies and that they did sleep together. But did that event have to have made her pregnant with Kal-El's baby? What also distirbs me is that the kid seems to exhibit a slight case of Gohanitis, with his powers surfacing at the right moment. And last time I checked Superman didn't wear orange martial arts gi's and call himself Goku.

I liked the kid........ I think it made Superman feel like his not alone anymore, his hole trip to Krypton was to find someone like him, when all that time, someone like him was at Earth......

Godzilla2000 said:

hahah, nicely put with the whole gohan thing. anyway, jason is only half kryptonian, so it's reasonable to assume that it'd take him a bit longer to develope his powers. he IS only 5 years old.

maybe lana will come in the next film and Richard can have her instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"