Superman Returns Comparison between Superman and Richard

charl_huntress said:
Killing him is a copout? Why because people like me are predicting it. What if Singer makes his death really unexpected in the movie, so you don't see it coming. I don't get this cop-out thing because that could be applied to almost every element of a story. You could say green K is a cop-out, but you probably wouldn't unless someone did it in a totally expected way. It's all in execution, and I think Richard dying, unexpectedly to save someone would e a fitting end to his saga.

As for a pyschological villian, I say save that for Bats. Why does everyone want to see a Batman villian in the Superman universe. Bats' villians don't work. They are crazy because he is crazy. I'm not saying we can't have a crazy, whacked out villian, but...well...that all just sounds like Batman. I'd rather see Doomsday than some Joker-esque copykat

Killing him is a copout. Lois needs to CHOOSE Superman/Clark Kent over Richard White, not some lame death that paves the way for the reunion of Lois and Clark. That ruins what Returns is trying to accomplish in the first place.

Lex Luthor is the psychological villian for Superman. Nothing wrong with another one in the sequels.

charl_huntress said:
Maybe Singer is trying to make it up to Mardsen :)

there is only one way Singer can make up for that....

X4: Cyclops Returns :cyclops:

;) :p

Jim Caviezel was the original choice for Cyclops/Scott Summers!

retconned said:
Killing him is a copout. Lois needs to CHOOSE Superman/Clark Kent over Richard White, not some lame death that paves the way for the reunion of Lois and Clark. That ruins what Returns is trying to accomplish in the first place.

Lex Luthor is the psychological villian for Superman. Nothing wrong with another one in the sequels.

How does it ruin it? It only ruins it if you place more importance on Richard than he actually has? You are trying to make him the Chloe of SR, and that's crazy. She NEEDS to go too.

Do we really need another redundant characer for the Superman mythos? Really...do we?

Unless the grand plan is to bring Chloe in and hook her up with Richard?

I'm about sick of this redundancy factor for newly created characters. Richard White is a copy-kat of Superman, but what makes him different? Welll...one he can be killed...easily, and two he LIES. He is not Superman, so I don't understand this need to give him some sort of super heroic but sacraficing exiting while he is still alive. Give him his due...let him die to save what he loves. Guaranteed...that will have more impact on his role and his influence on the future Superboy than him living and sharing his son.

Lightning54SC said:
nahhhh i wanna see supes tag something NEW!!!!:up:

Really...well...I guess we could really re-create the House-El because there would be more bastards running around throwing pianos:)

it'd be great if lex and superman's dna were combined and injected into lois and the kid would be like the movie version of con-el. and by great i mean stupid. its a stretch. killing richard is a copout. why create him if you're just going to kill him off in the next movie. its just like nip/tuck:they brought in a new character only to make him the serial rapist that had been tormenting the doctors for months.

Sub-Zero said:
it'd be great if lex and superman's dna were combined and injected into lois and the kid would be like the movie version of con-el. and by great i mean stupid. its a stretch. killing richard is a copout. why create him if you're just going to kill him off in the next movie. its just like nip/tuck:they brought in a new character only to make him the serial rapist that had been tormenting the doctors for months.

Haven't seen Nip/Tuck. Might have to check that out...I hear it's great! Like twistedly great, and I like twisted shows.

My thing with Richard is it's obvious why he is a good guy. He's a good guy so Lois doesn't look like a **** and a complete ninny for sleeping with an *******. If he was a jerk and she was with him and thinks she had a child with him, she'd look stupid and really undeserving of Superman's admiration.

After Supes left, Lois chose the almost-Superman to be there for her. That's Richard's role...to be almost Superman...but not quite. When he bites it...you'll really feel his mortality:up:

who cares if he lives or die, hes just some dumb character singer popped in the mythos to fit his needs. Richard whites fate is like Chloe sullivans fate in Smallville. Their both just bumps on the road in superman and Lois lanes life.

Eros said:
who cares if he lives or die, hes just some dumb character singer popped in the mythos to fit his needs. Richard whites fate is like Chloe sullivans fate in Smallville. Their both just bumps on the road in superman and Lois lanes life.

:up: :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"