BvS Who gets top billing, Cavill or Affleck?

Axl Van Sixx

Comrade
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask people who they think will get top billing in the cast listing and promotional material for the movie, Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck.

Ordinarily I would have said Superman, given that this is technically a sequel to Man of Steel. But Affleck is a much bigger star than Cavill and Batman appears to be DC's most popular character nowadays.

Affleck. Which saddens me because Cavill works so hard and is a great Superman. But I think that this will be the case.

They should have 'Cavfleck' at the top.

I don't know, I still feel like Cavill's name will come first, since Superman is the foundation for the DC Cinematic Universe. Cavill also received top billing for MOS, which had a top-notch cast with lots of heavy hitters and Oscar winners/nominees. This wasn't a 1978 Christopher Reeve situation, where Marlon Brando and Gene Hackman were billed higher than Reeve.

Of course, to paraphrase Lois Lane, this whole debate about who gets billed first in the cast is really just another dick-measuring contest. Still, interested in hearing people's opinions.

Just wanted to ask people who they think will get top billing in the cast listing and promotional material for the movie, Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck.

Ordinarily I would have said Superman, given that this is technically a sequel to Man of Steel. But Affleck is a much bigger star than Cavill and Batman appears to be DC's most popular character nowadays.

The Top billing? I think they should go the route of what Donner, Burton and "Shoemocker" did for Superman, Batman ,and Batman and Robin. Putting the Love interest or the villain(s) as the Top billing.

With Amy Adams as Lois Lane, I believe she along with Jesse Eisenburg should share the top billing.

Batman:
Batman_ver2.jpg

Batman and Robin:

Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

The first two Superman's take your pick.

Superman movies:
Superman_ii_ver3.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps it depends on what the movie/title/posters ends up being.

Batman vs Superman? or Batman/Superman: The World's Finest? = Affleck, Cavill.

Man of Steel: Batman Subtitle? = Cavill, Affleck

I don't know. Maybe not.

Cavffleck. That's who gets top billing. :o

In all serious, I want Cavill to get the top billing and Affleck to get the "And". Like they're the bookends of the cast.

The Top billing? I think they should go the route of what Donner, Burton and "Shoemocker" did for Superman, Batman ,and Batman and Robin. Putting the Love interest or the villain(s) as the Top billing.

With Amy Adams as Lois Lane, I believe she along with Jesse Eisenburg should share the top billing.

That's a weird way to look at it...

The bigger name, which is Affleck in this case.

If this kind of thing worries you then good luck.

That's a weird way to look at it...

I mean it worked. Besides I know this is a DC comics topic, but I though it was wrong that Robert Downing, Jr. had top billing for The Avengers when Samuel L. Jackson (or Tom Hiddleston) should get it instead.

Heck even Betsy Palmer had the top billing for 1980's Friday the 13th
Friday_the_thirteenth_movie_poster.jpg

and Adrienne King had the top billing for its sequel despite being on camera for less than 20 minutes each.

Friday_the_13th_part2.jpg

Last edited:
I mean it worked. Besides I know this is a DC comics topic, but I though it was wrong that Robert Downing, Jr. had top billing for The Avengers when Samuel L. Jackson (or Tom Hiddleston) should get it instead.

Well it's RDJ....he has to have it his way

With all due respect, Bigjxxx, your way just seems like utter chaos.

and Adrienne King had the top billing for its sequel despite being on camera for less than 20 minutes each.

I get an extra million for that. RDJ needs to stand tall somewhere.

What?? You know right that Downey and Evans had the biggest roles?

Well it's RDJ....he has to have it his way

RDJ is the lead in the Avengers not Hiddleston or Jackson. Getting back on topic it wouldn't surprise me if Cavill gets top billing as whilst Ben is obviously a better known name with industry muscle on his side he's not really a box office draw. Brando, Hackman and Nicholson genuinely were in '78 and '89 respectively hence why they got billed above the actors playing the title characters.

I think Affleck will come last.

Henry Cavill
Jesse Eisenberg
Amy Adams
Gal Gadot
Jeremy Irons
Laurence Fishburne
Diane Lane
and Ben Affleck

Henry Cavill's name should be the first actor in the opening credits and the ending credits. I don't care how the posters market it.

It's gonna be Cavill getting the top billing for the movie. When Ben starts up his own Batman movies, then he'll get top billing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"