Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up

We all knew this was coming, unfortunately.

:rolleyes:

Not surprised in the slightest.

I'm just curious how this scene plays out. I mean, how does Superman have a cameo without a head? lol It just sounds so awkward.

The movie was real fun. Another win for DC.

Yeah. I wish it came out sooner here! The reviews and reactions have me pumped to see it. Shazam/Captain Marvel has always been one of the most underutilized characters in the DC universe, I guess mostly because of the similarities (aesthetically at least) to Superman... glad to see him finally getting his due.

Anyone wondering if Superman does/does not make a cameo can see below

Superman appears in a post credits scene, but only from neck down, no Cavill

It’s slightly inaccurate.

The lunch scene with Shazam and Superman is the last scene of the movie. Mid credits scene has Dr. Sivana and post credits has Shazam trying to talk to a goldfish (hence an Aquaman joke) while Freddy is videotaping him.

Yeah. I wish it came out sooner here! The reviews and reactions have me pumped to see it. Shazam/Captain Marvel has always been one of the most underutilized characters in the DC universe, I guess mostly because of the similarities (aesthetically at least) to Superman... glad to see him finally getting his due.

It is so good. I wasn’t expecting much but the movie was a blast from start to finish.

Sorry. Updated with spoiler tags.

Unless my eyes deceived me the Superman suit had red at the belt line on the hips in the cameo..

Last edited:
Unless my eyes deceived me the Superman suit had red at the belt line on the hips in the cameo.

The film hasn't come out in the UK yet and there hasn't been any advance screenings in my area. I was also avoiding any spoilers. But thanks for confirming the Superman cameo.

Any news or...anything concerning MOS2?

If Cavill ends up staying...I hope they give Superman a beard because in the cartoon they actually give Superman a beard too as well as in the comics

Any news or...anything concerning MOS2?

DpJ513bXUAA0tBJ.jpg

If Cavill ends up staying...I hope they give Superman a beard because in the cartoon they actually give Superman a beard too as well as in the comics

Maybe that was the reason talks between Cavill and WB broke down.

Cavill: I want $15 million, another solo movie, creative control... and a BEARD! I hate shaving!

WB: Henry, all of that sounds perfectly reasonable. You can have the money, your own movie, and you can co-write the script. But we’re just not sure about the beard. I know Superman has had one periodically in the comics but typically it’s not part of his look.

Cavill: Well the hell with you, then! I’m going to Netflix!

(later that day)

Cavill (calls Netflix executives): Hey guys! I saw a photoshop online of me as The Witcher! Got me thinking how cool it would be to star in that series. Have you started casting yet? You have! Sweet! Really? You think I’d be great for Geralt? Well then, let’s make this thing happen! I can’t wait to start growing out my beard! Huh? Geralt hates beards? Seriously? But that photoshop looked so cool... Damn. Oh well. Clean shaven it is. See you next week.

(Hangs up)

Cavill: Son of a *****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"