The Dark Knight Who here is planning on buying the novelization of TDK?

General Vulcun

Sidekick
Reaction score
I definitely am. I know the movie comes out 17 days after the novel, but honestly, I can't even wait that long once the story's been released to the public.

I haven't read it, but I'm planning on soon. I hear O'Neil did a great job.

The novelization = no.

The Shooting Script? = Yeeooo.

But not till after I see the movie 4 times (Midnight showing + 3 times opening day)

Saturday = once, maybe twice.
Sunday = once.

so possibly 9 times opening weekend, we'll see if I have time to pick it up that weekend.

- Jow

same, ill wait to watch the movie atleast a dozen times first..all within its first week of release :D

I wasn't too impressed by the first movie's novelization. So I might skim it at the grocery store, and if it reads good, I'll get it.

I haven't read it, but I'm planning on soon. I hear O'Neil did a great job.

O'Neil may be a good comicbook writer, but the Begins novelization confirmed to me that he cannot write a novel. I found his prose surprisingly uninspired and repetitive. Which is disappointing, considering how great the expanded scenes are.

I probably won't bother with this next novelization.

I'll read it after
No use in spoiling it

I remember reading the B89 novelisation yonks ago, it was quite good actually i loved the last paragraph

"one of the gargoyles moved....I am the batman"

Unlike movies novelisations should give us that vital inner monolouge of Batman, i loved that in the B89 one. i think ill give BB one a go actually.

I remember reading the B89 novelisation yonks ago, it was quite good actually i loved the last paragraph

"one of the gargoyles moved....I am the batman"

Way to bring B89 into everything.

How interesting... didn't know it was going to be done as a book. I think I'd check it out. :yay:

I'll read it.
Hopefully, they won't do what they did in the BB novel, where Ra's actually is immortal... He makes several references to the Lazarus Pits.

I think I'll stick with the movie and if I need to read something like TDK, I'll just go with The Dark Knight Returns.

I'll read it.
Hopefully, they won't do what they did in the BB novel, where Ra's actually is immortal... He makes several references to the Lazarus Pits.

I just read the bit of the book available on Amazon. I don't think the immortal part of Ra was bad... he was immortal in TAS too. And the part about him not being able to have a male child certainly adds depth to the relationship between him and Bruce.

If in the BB movie they would have made a greater father/son relationship in the story between Ra and Bruce, I think it would have helped the story. That way we could really feel Bruces conflict at having to destroy Ra, it would be like getting a second chance to have a father figure and then killing him. Also for Ra it would add depth to his character and his motivations for wanting to train Bruce and taking his rejection so personally.

I might get it but not read it until after the film. but the pictures I will definetly peek into. ^_^

I'm gonna buy the novelization first, but not read it until after I see the movie.

I'm sure I'll pick up the Novelization. And probably before the film hits. Though I think I'll wait on reading it until after I see the flick itself.

Unlike a few years ago with SR.

I bought the BB novel which I haven't finished yet, too many words to read.

i hope the dark knight novel is easier to find the batman begins novel
couldn't find a copy anywhere
i finally bought a copy off ebay last year that came with the punisher 2004 novel

the batman begins novel was an alright book
i wish they had included some of it into the movie

like bruce burying his ninja costume next to his parents

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back