Who Is The Hype's Smartest Poster?

Doth no one hold dear that forum of misc. movies? It saddens me that Matt is the only one who recongize me, but then again out of Hunter Rider, I know none of you. To be sure, my time in the Community is long gone and I usually tire of it after a day. Occasionally a decent thread comes up but is dragged through the mud by either the flurry of ignorance or simply by bandwagoners incapable of original thought. However, I'll toss my hat in the ring on this age old question of what is intelligence. To which I'll first point out it is not the accumulation of knowledge.

There are some on the movie boards who have quite a bit of movie knowledge, however that does not make them smart. Is someone smart simply because they know that Captain Kirk's middle name is Tiberius? Intellience, at least in the humble opinion of this author, is the application of knowledge toward general thought, not only is it the recalling but also the comprehension. In many ways, I believe in Hegalian Dialectics, in which first we're presented with an idea, we come up with an antithesis, and then form a statement that incorporates both to which that now becomes the idea. Intelligence stems from being able to openly have discourse with various ideas reguardless of the subject or source, whether that be internet forum, book, movie, music, etc.

So that leads to Creativity Vs. Intelligence, are not the two chain together in holy matrimony? By my very definition of intelligence one hath be creative. Though I think this refers more to artisticly rather than creative. Successful Artists for the most part are intelligent because it's the intelligence process in corporal form. Good Art is not made in a vacuum, a good artist is fully conscious of all the varieties found in his art, and from that he culls together his inspiration to make something in reaction to that, in a sense to create something "new", and we all so clamor for that "new". So in the end, I'm not intelligence because I can tell you Cronenberg's entire filmography but because with that infomration I'm able to form various thesises and conclusions about the man's work.
---

Just my two cents on the subject:grin:

People I find Intelligence... I apologize if you're name is not on the list however I don't frequent the Community...

Matt- I find Matt's posts littered across the community, it's as if in a grotto of disgusting trash, Matt's posts are the golden chocolate wrappers that remind you of a better tommorrow.

Hunter Rider- HR presides over his domain like Poseidon, God of the Sea. He watches over his turbulent seas with his mystical trident of power, striking down all those that seek to disturb the egregious flow of triviality and banter.

Kevin Rogelle - I wonder which came first the MySQL Code that powers the hallowed halls or Rogelle on the digital landscape. Your wisdom and knowledge is that befitting a king and when we're blessed to hear your musings, it is indeed quite majestic.

---

More to come I'm getting lunch :cmad:

Nobody cares which people a dumb person thinks are smart, Movies.

Doth no one hold dear that forum of misc. movies? It saddens me that Matt is the only one who recongize me, but then again out of Hunter Rider, I know none of you. To be sure, my time in the Community is long gone and I usually tire of it after a day. Occasionally a decent thread comes up but is dragged through the mud by either the flurry of ignorance or simply by bandwagoners incapable of original thought. However, I'll toss my hat in the ring on this age old question of what is intelligence. To which I'll first point out it is not the accumulation of knowledge.

There are some on the movie boards who have quite a bit of movie knowledge, however that does not make them smart. Is someone smart simply because they know that Captain Kirk's middle name is Tiberius? Intellience, at least in the humble opinion of this author, is the application of knowledge toward general thought, not only is it the recalling but also the comprehension. In many ways, I believe in Hegalian Dialectics, in which first we're presented with an idea, we come up with an antithesis, and then form a statement that incorporates both to which that now becomes the idea. Intelligence stems from being able to openly have discourse with various ideas reguardless of the subject or source, whether that be internet forum, book, movie, music, etc.

So that leads to Creativity Vs. Intelligence, are not the two chain together in holy matrimony? By my very definition of intelligence one hath be creative. Though I think this refers more to artisticly rather than creative. Successful Artists for the most part are intelligent because it's the intelligence process in corporal form. Good Art is not made in a vacuum, a good artist is fully conscious of all the varieties found in his art, and from that he culls together his inspiration to make something in reaction to that, in a sense to create something "new", and we all so clamor for that "new". So in the end, I'm not intelligence because I can tell you Cronenberg's entire filmography but because with that infomration I'm able to form various thesises and conclusions about the man's work.
---

Meh.
"Truly this thread doth be by design for those who frequent the community boards most often,.... As I too recognize few of those being touted as "most smart."

(Quiet smile continues)

V.

I'm the smartest poster. The mere fact that nobody else has comprehended such a fact only serves to reinforce it.

When do I receive my paycheck?

Meh.
"Truly this thread doth be by design for those who frequent the community boards most often,.... As I too recognize few of those being touted as "most smart."

(Quiet smile continues)

V.

Thy truely are a scholar, I pray thy recieve the accolades doth deserve in future cometh however for now I must be off for thou is off to get inebriated for thou's birthday.

---

:sleepy:

Has anyone nominated Memphis Slim as the Hype's smartest poster? If not, I'd like to. He's someone who's managed to transcend logic and reason with each and every one of his posts. It's a sight to behold. He truely is a genius. :up:

Back to the comics forum you go! :cmad:

Has anyone nominated Memphis Slim as the Hype's smartest poster? If not, I'd like to. He's someone who's managed to transcend logic and reason with each and every one of his posts. It's a sight to behold. He truely is a genius. :up:

This is true.

Your avvy makes me uncomfortable. :(

Maybe he was going to tells us where to find it and then got distracted by something shiny. :huh::o

Thy truely are a scholar, I pray thy recieve the accolades doth deserve in future cometh however for now I must be off for thou is off to get inebriated for thou's birthday.

No scholar am I,.. merely "well read" and filled to the brim with lifes experiences.

It causes no end of conflict with those who know nothing but what their teachers have told them and what they have seen in books.

They seek to argue with me and go away angry when I'm forced to show them their ignorance - usually in their not understanding my primary point in the first place.

V.

Besides myself (and you are a fool if you didn't pick yourself) I'd say everybody that I like. They know who they are.

Let's cool it with the King Arthur LARPer-Talk okay?
It's not helping when you say "Thy are a blablabla.", at all. :(

For sooth, Sir Wilhelm!

Verily!!

Besides myself (and you are a fool if you didn't pick yourself) I'd say everybody that I like. They know who they are.

(Oboy! Meat!!)

No.

Then I'm a fool because I don't approach this board by who's the smartest poster - and when faced with the question, (Who's the smartest?), .. I have to admit that I've read some pretty stupid stuff from EVERYONE from time to time.

Closest I come is who I think considers their words most carefully as far as impact.

That means:
everyone with a need to regularly be an azz because it is a message board and is on the internet are auto-out because inteligence is not about beating sumbody over the head with it.

everyone who needs to correct grammar or declare what is real or not real as far as language, science, history, world events, or religion, based on their experience w/o a willingness to grow in knowledge are auto-out because intelligence is not believing you know all about ANYTHING.

You could know NOTHING about ANYTHING and I would respect you more and consider you more than passing bright because YOU CAN ADMIT YOU DON'T KNOW.

But this place is FULL of folk who would rather face army ants after being dipped in honey than admit error or that THEY DO NOT KNOW.

(Probably the part that keeps me coming back to the community board,... all these people who know so much about so little.)

V.

(chuckle)

You play in your way,... I'll play in mine,...

I'm not really into the talking-heads version of convo I read here all the time,... But I can enjoy putting on an fake 'tude or tone with someone who wants to do the same.

In fact,.. I wouldn't mind if I could trade words with someone who writes with a british or Irish accent,..... I never could get the word placement right.

V.

No scholar am I,.. merely "well read" and filled to the brim with lifes experiences.

It causes no end of conflict with those who know nothing but what their teachers have told them and what they have seen in books.

They seek to argue with me and go away angry when I'm forced to show them their ignorance - usually in their not understanding my primary point in the first place.

V.

The folly of men lies in their ignorance tis sad but true. If only the world were populated by more sages such as yourself, perhaps you should unionize and pass out leaflets for the vocation? Though I'm sure many would fail the entrace exam for how does one study for wisdom? To be sure there are only so many fortune cookies to go around, but alas I subscribe to ol'Michel Foucault's thoughts though in the end, we are all subjecated to some type of power and as such free thought truely does not exist.

Shall I heed such wisdom? I suppose I could but then again something in me says I shouldn't. For why does ol'Wilhelm seek to put a stop to such merryment? To which I dance to my own tune at my own beat, if he doesn't fancy the tune then I'm sure there are other more accomodating juke-boxes, you hip to my jive?

(Oboy! Meat!!)

No.

Then I'm a fool because I don't approach this board by who's the smartest poster - and when faced with the question, (Who's the smartest?), .. I have to admit that I've read some pretty stupid stuff from EVERYONE from time to time.

Closest I come is who I think considers their words most carefully as far as impact.

That means:
everyone with a need to regularly be an azz because it is a message board and is on the internet are auto-out because inteligence is not about beating sumbody over the head with it.

everyone who needs to correct grammar or declare what is real or not real as far as language, science, history, world events, or religion, based on their experience w/o a willingness to grow in knowledge are auto-out because intelligence is not believing you know all about ANYTHING.

You could know NOTHING about ANYTHING and I would respect you more and consider you more than passing bright because YOU CAN ADMIT YOU DON'T KNOW.

But this place is FULL of folk who would rather face army ants after being dipped in honey than admit error or that THEY DO NOT KNOW.

(Probably the part that keeps me coming back to the community board,... all these people who know so much about so little.)

V.

Truer words ...

My list is long and not restricted to: Matt, Jag, Mister J, Supes79, Hunter Rider, Shadowboxing, Showtime, JP, Wilhelm (obviously), Dbella, Kel, and--believe it or not--Dog Lips. Say what you want, but DL is friggin brilliant--mod or not. ;)

Also, the original Soul-Glo warriors i.e. Raybia, Varient, Memphis (you must admit he knows his history) and others that made that thread amazing during debates.

Really, the Hype is ripe with intelligent people--individuals who are cultured and politically savvy. It's a shame that sometimes we lose sight of them due to all of the dumbness that is this place at times. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"