Who Is The Hype's Smartest Poster?

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by raybia, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

But that will degrade into exactly what you said, a popularity contest. But Hunter Rider definitely meets the criteria in my book. He frequents numerous sections of the Hype ranging from Community to Superman. Misc movies to fan fiction. He writes several impressive short stories and is the premiere moderator on the Hype.

2. Kritish Registered

It's OK, we can make fun of fran's new smilie together. :up:

:up: :liz:

3. Hunter Rider Ronin

The ladies are getting overlooked a bit

Babs Gordon is fantastically smart in a number of areas, shame she doesn't post here now. :(

Pickles isn't as aggressive as some of the other smart posters but she is always insightful and articulate with her views on a variety of subjects.

danyose is not a big community poster but every debate ive had with her and be it on movies or a social issue has been highly enjoyable and she always brings interesting points.

Squeek is so nice i think people sometimes forget she is a wise lady, i don't know if she is politically active here but she makes a lot of sense when she posts.

4. ShadowBoxing Registered

Thanks
    Yes, I mean reading the thread title I knew it was going to be a lot of Wihelm, Sparkle and many other High Profile posters. While I agree most of them have mastered, in a lot of ways, some sort of 'posting style' and become very vocal and noticed I don't see that as necessarily being smart. Verbose maybe, clever, but not smart.

[Incidentally, if you want to know whether or not (I think) I am losing an argument, look at how many words I am posting. When I am brief, that means I am on my A game. When I am not, I am faultering.]

The unfortunate problem with this thread is I really have no way of knowing who is smart without some outside basis. Maybe Wilhelm built a flux capacitor out of mustach shavings and pixie sticks...if that's the case (and I'm sure in response to this post he'll say it is), then yeah...I'd have to say he is pretty smart.

There is one poster though who was a psychology student. I forgot his name. Basically, due to his passion for studying humans, he used to lurk forums and then take on the guise of a troll, adopt an entire outlandish argument, then record the result. He'd love playing mind games with the posters and say he could figure out incredible things about them by their responses. I eventually reported him to mods though, as his "trolling" got to be a bother on a forum. I'd have to say though, that he was pretty brillant.

My first run in with him was actually here, after weeks of Kainedamo and Ghostrider87 he came in with some sob story about how he loved this girl for 3 years and never told her...her boyfriend was a *****ebag...she should be with him...blah blah blah. He got Jag, Erz and Wilhelm among others wrapped up in the conversation so much it carried on the whole afternoon/evening. Eventually he told me the whole thing was a con when I discovered some inconsistency in his story.
    He certainly seems it.
    Blind_Fury is another who wastes his intelligence.

5. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Whoa now! I'm not too sure about that one, slick. How dare you forget Sir Danger Mouse? :hehe:

6. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

That's creativity and artistic ability, not intelligence. Two different things, Matt. You'd be on my list but you are a mod and therefore verboten by the rules for inclusion. I'll definitely add Lightning_Strykez! to the list since he's not a mod anymore, though. :up:

jag

7. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Squeek was on fire in the last Christianity thread :up:

8. Master Chief ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Wilhelm is smartest coz when I read anything he posts he doesn't come across as pretentious. Ever. lol.

9. chaseter Esteemed Member

It will always be a popularity contest but at least now it's more rounded and more people could voice their opinions.

10. Fran Banned User

Add chaseter to my list.

11. Memphis Slim Registered

Of course I vote for:
    Lazur
    MovieFan24
    Supermanbeyond
    Jag (Which shows that some of us can disagree with a cat and still give him his propers). [​IMG]
    Varient (Fight the Power! [​IMG])
    Lightning Strikes
    Darthsphere
    Dread (that cat wrote some mean synopsis) [​IMG]

Not in any order of course....[​IMG]

I herby approve this list!! [​IMG]

12. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Oh, I definitely disagree. I think creativity is another form of intelligence. The difference between scholars and artists are, scholars proclaim themselves to be smart by studying someone else's work. Artists create their own. To deny the intelligence behind that is doing a great disservice to them.

13. chaseter Esteemed Member

Yes! I can die now...

My xbox got the red ring of death by the way, I am so pissed:cmad:

14. Badger Side-Kick my Ass!

:fran: <~ it is a beaut. :woot:

15. chaseter Esteemed Member

Quit trying to get on people's lists:o

But sersiously it's true. I also think that people on these so-called 'smart lists' should also type complete, proper, and coherent sentences. No 'coz' 'fo sho' diffrent,' etc...

16. Kritish Registered

:dry:

17. Badger Side-Kick my Ass!

Please explain that one, thanks.

18. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Also, I don't understand why moderators were forbidden. Do you remember the good ol' days when C. Lee and Immortalfire used to debate, Jag? They were two of our smartest.

19. Fran Banned User

:csad::csad::csad:

:nono:

20. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Being an artist and a musician myself, Matt, I've got to say that it's a very different sort of intelligence that comprises creativity and artistic ability. It's very innate. It can be nurtured and educated, but either you have it or you do not. I don't really put it in the same category of intelligence as "smart" would be. It's not lesser or better, it's just a different type of thinking.

jag

21. chaseter Esteemed Member

This is tickling my funny bone to see people automatically start to post intense, thoughtful, and deep posts because of the thread title. Oh if only we could bar the dopes from entering meaningful debate threads.

22. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Different sort of intelligence, I agree. But intelligence none the less. Afterall, not everyone can be book smart either. Some people, with average IQs and no learning disabilities just can't succeed academically. Does that make them stupid? No. It simply means their intelligence lies in a more hidden form than academia.

23. chaseter Esteemed Member

Street smarts as you would say.

24. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

I try to keep all debate threads meaningful and deep. :csad:

25. Memphis Slim Registered

Just jokes man...