The Flash Who is the Man in the Iron Mask?

In the original timeline, Earth-1 Eddie was Earth-1 Eobard's ancestor. But by killing himself, he created a time paradox. The timeline had to correct it. There's not a particularly good way of explaining my way of understanding this other than saying that the pre- and post-singularity timelines operate under very different rules. The pre-singularity timeline was intact while the post-singularity timeline wasn't, so before the singularity occurred Eddie-1 WAS Eobard-1's ancestor and after the singularity he wasn't, but because he was before the singularity he still manages to erase that Eobard from existence. Hard to explain, I know.

What I don't understand with the theory you're proposing is how involving Earth-2 Eobard Thawne somehow corrects any time paradox without either creating inconsistencies or further paradoxes of its own. It would make no sense for an Eobard Thawne who isn't descended from Earth-1 Eddie to get erased from existence when the latter kills himself. Especially since the show has established beyond a doubt that what happens to individuals in one reality does not impact the other.

I'm wondering if it could be the real Jay Garrick and the p.o.w. tapping code is a nod to the WW2 era which the character was from in the comics.

I believe the man in the mask could be Ronnie Raymond...
I know at one angle his hair is blonde... but that is only in one shot
(maybe to throw us off.)
Many other times when the man in the iron mask is shown his hair is dark
Here are a couple of freeze frames from episodes S02e14+15.
When Ronnie and Professor Stien seperated in the singularity I believe that like good "jay" (now dead) ronnie was pulled through to Earth 2 and Zoom or Ronnie's dopple ganger found him and are holding him hostage. I hope I'm right Ronnie was a good character, and I hope he returns. After all why would Ronnie die and not Professor Stien. There is only 1 picture that shows blonde hair I have 7 proving its not blonde (the 1st,3rd and 7th pictures you can CLEARLY see he has dark hair not blonde the 2nd,5th, and 6th picture showing the back of his head its all dark hair, and 4th Picture look at hair line on the neck.) Idk how everyone else is missing this, but im saying Ronnie Raymond returns.

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-22h49m54s247.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-23h10m05s633.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-23h11m49s069.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-23h02m59s597.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-23h11m09s252.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-23h09m07s876.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-23h02m19s809.png

Last edited:
Ronnie Raymond never knew Jay though. And would Zoom have told him that his name is Jay Garrick? The man in the iron mask saw Zoom removing his mask but he wouldn't have known the name or face unless he actually recognised it from before.

I'm thinking if zoom took off his mask then, he has done it before. If he has someone like ronnie who is basically a normal person without professor stien, why would he worry about him knowing his identity..
I know it may be a stretch. But if you can agree that the person is dark haired.
I think ronnie is the is front runner.
Another reason i think so is because his death was never shown he just disappeared. when that happens on this show and arrow they normally come back in big way.

Even if Zoom took off his mask before, why would Ronnie know who this person is behind the mask? It would just be a face. He doesn't know Jay.

And you say "if you can agree that the person is dark-haired." But we could also say "if you can agree the person is red-haired" or black, or blond. We can decide to agree on anything for the sake of entertaining that theory, but that doesn't mean it is correct.

How do you know he doesn't know jay. He could be going by jay Garrick before he put Ronnie in the mask anything is possible.

I'm betting that zoom revealed his identity to ronnie. If ronnie has been there for almost a year, i think they would talk about something. But if not
So who do you think it is?
because the person in the mask isn't red haired or blonde so any discussion on those ppl seems pointless .
but what we can do is talk about people with dark hair.
Now whats more likely? Ronnie didn't die in the singularity just like Stien? or its a dopple ganger that ultimately has no impact on earth one and the story line.
as far as dark haired ppl go ronnie is one of the only one it could be.
it's not barry of earth 2, his dad, caitlyn, cisco,wells,walley,eddie,joe.
And as far as main characters go thats about it.
So who else with dark hair on this show would actually have an impact on the story line?
**Also it cant be barry's dad on earth 2, barry talks to his mom while he's there and she talks about her and his dad going on vacation. And the man in the mask has been as long as wells daughter had been. And Barry had just spoken with his dad on earth 1 the week before he left if i remember correctly. or two weeks. Either way. Way before wells came to earth 1.

-hope that last bit makes sense

Last edited:
Crazy off the wall theory. What if it's earth 2 Thawne?

I mean, I doubt it, but it would be kinda cool.

What if he's Eddie (earth 2 or resurrected earth 1) and he's now Cobalt Blue?

Eddie is blonde hair, but if not. if he eddie 2 has dark hair. How could he have any real impact on the story line? or really impact at all. And why would jay bother? on Earth 2 he has no real significance, apparently hes not a cop and wasn't in Iris' life. I think anyone other than Ronnie will be a real disappointment

RUPTURE DEBUTS, HENRY ALLEN RETURNS IN NEW "FLASH" SYNOPSIS

The upcoming "Flash" episode, titled "Rupture," will introduce the Earth-2 counterpart of Cisco's brother Dante.

DC Comics' Rupture (top) and "The Flash's" Dante Ramon (bottom)​

"The Flash's" Earth-2 problems will continue into next month, as a new synopsis for an upcoming episode of the CW series reveals. Not only will Zoom (Teddy Sears) find a way back to Earth-1, thus putting Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) in a dangerous predicament, but Cisco (Carlos Valdes) will get a glimpse of his brother Dante's (Nicholas Gonzalez) evil Earth-2 counterpart.
In the comics, Rupture is the villainous codename used by Cisco's other brother Armando. This isn't the first time that the Ramon brothers have shared codenames upon making the jump from the page to the screen; in an earlier episode of the series, Cisco's evil Earth-2 counterpart went by the codename Reverb, which is the other codename used by Armando Ramon in the comics.
The "Rupture" synopsis also reveals that John Wesley Shipp's Henry Allen will return to give Barry advice on how to handle his supervillain problem. "Rupture" airs on the CW at 8 PM on May 3rd.
“Rupture” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)
DC COMICS’ CHARACTER RUPTURE COMES TO CENTRAL CITY WITH ZOOM – Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry (Grant Gustin) and Wells (Tom Cavanagh) come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it’s extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipp) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante’s (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelganger. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris (Candice [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]Patton
) decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him. !tArmen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Kai Yu Wu & LaurenCerto (#220). Original airdate 5/3/2016.​
Discuss this story in CBR's TV/Film forum. | 2 Comments
TAGS: the flash tv, the cw

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

Earth-2 Eobard Thawne? Maybe he time travelled and got kidnapped by Zoom. He does a lot of speed for Zoom to steal and it would be great to have Matt Letscher back on the show, maybe as an ally this time.

Don't really care who it is, but I'm going with Wally.

It's Eddie, remember this, I don't have any doubt at this point.

wally west ... why !? well ...

It was hinted in this week's episode that zoom's suit is purposely to look like barry ...
btu if when they cross the breach both past and future hunters (Jay and zoom respectively) are already zoom, then how did they get the suit !?

well, we know that future hunter (zoom) is from the future ... maybe he used a breach in the future ...
but what would he find in the future !? the new flash ... wally

plus, wally and zoom are enemies in the comics ... and we know that this show has a talent to (kinda) follow the comics but still surprise us ...

I feel at this point Eddie would fit Zoom's description of "you wouldn't believe me if I told you". I think anything else would seem anticlimactic. Though whoever it may be I hope they working in a good explanation of why he's being kept and not simply executed.

I still hope it's a JSA member.

I'm thinking this too. I understand why it should be Jay but I don't see the story reasoning behind introducing another Jay.

If it were Dr. Fate then I could see why. Introducing the supernatural into Flash next season.

I'm thinking this too. I understand why it should be Jay but I don't see the story reasoning behind introducing another Jay.

Hunter's father's name is Jay -- and I guess Hunter's mom kept her maiden name -- and Hunter hates his father so much that seeing his father's face is a big shock.

Hunter's father's name is Jay -- and I guess Hunter's mom kept her maiden name -- and Hunter hates his father so much that seeing his father's face is a big shock.

I think it would have to be something important to Barry whether he knows it or not. They've built too much into the mystery of the MITIM for it to just be someone with no story potential.

Why Hunter Zolomon would bother keeping this person alive unharmed when he'd kill his own time remnant risking a paradox.

Zoom-header_1.jpg
SPOILER WARNING: This article contains major spoilers for "Versus Zoom," the latest episode of "The Flash."

"The Flash" has made Jay Garrick -- the original Scarlet Speedster -- bad to the bone. At least, that's how "Versus Zoom" made it look when the episode revealed Jay Garrick/Hunter Zolomon's history as a serial killer on Earth-2. However, according to executive producer Greg Berlanti, the show "would never make him a baddie."
Greg Berlanti ✔‎@GBerlanti

For those inquiring, we love Jay Garrick and would never make him a baddie. No reinvention. Keep watching :) love that you're asking q's.
4:21 PM - 20 Apr 2016

RELATED: "The Flash" Deals with Losing His Speed in New Trailer for "Back to Normal"
Berlanti's comment follows some backlash on social media, particularly from comics writer Mark Waid, who wrote "The Flash" for years for DC Comics and has previously expressed his enthusiasm for the TV series. On Twitter, Waid express his belief that the Jay Garrick/Hunter Zolomon twist appeared to betray the 75-year legacy of the comic book character.

Mark Waid ✔‎@MarkWaid

Wow. Wow. Wow. For the first time, #TheFlash faceplanted an episode/reveal, betrayed all good will. Sorry I watched.#heartbroken
9:04 PM - 19 Apr 2016

Mark Waid ✔‎@MarkWaid

My complaint is bigger than plot. It's about pissing on legacy. Unless there's some Jay fix, I'm out. #TheFlash
However, following Berlanti's Jay Garrick-related tease, Waid amended his earlier statements, Tweeting,

Mark Waid ✔‎@MarkWaid

4:48 PM - 20 Apr 2016

Mark Waid ✔‎@MarkWaid

Again, sorry I blew my stack if I was wrong about the reveal that E2 Flash was secretly a villain. That felt betraying. Glad there's more2it​
5:28 PM - 20 Apr 2016

As for Jay Garrick, it appears his backstory -- and future in the DCTV universe -- may not be quite so straightforward as "Versus Zoom" led fans to believe. After all, Zoom has lied to Team Flash before; it shouldn't come as a huge shock if he's up to no good again.

Starring Grant Gustin, Carlos Valdes and Jesse L. Martin, "The Flash" airs Tuesdays at 8 pm EST on The CW.
Discuss this story in CBR's TV/Film forum. | 9 Comments

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"