Who is the Man in the Iron Mask?

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Dark Raven, Feb 19, 2016.

1. zenith16 Registered

like I said it won't make sense about earth 2 Henry with the questions it'll raise like why he Allowed zoom to impersonate him and his wife not noticing he was missing and the fact that earth 2 Barry and iris went to live with them in Atlantice hiding from zoom.

earth 2 Barry's mother is with earth 2 henry this is the problem.

As to henry of earth one as the solicate imply

it doesn't seem like he'll have any powers and he'll be making an appearance soon to give Barry advice and argue with Joe about befor that .

#176 zenith16, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. KidFlash6969 Registered

Yeah it definitely wouldn't make much sense. I do think (or maybe hope) that there is some kind of reason for Henry Allen taking off so abruptly and bizzarely in the beginning of S2 after being released from jail.

I also think Teddy Sears would be good as the real Jay Garrick as well, and am very relieved that the show runner said they love Jay and would never make the real version of him (that we presumably haven't met yet) a villain

3. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

At this point the only real shock for me is if the man in the mask...is Jason Todd..seriously.

No, the only shocker me would be if the man in the mask is indeed E1 Nora Allen who was snatched up from the past in some time remnant.

4. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I'm guessing it's the actual John Wesley Shipp version of the Flash from the 90s. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you"

Another part of me is hoping it's Alan Scott.

5. KidFlash6969 Registered

Haha that would be awesome! I loved the 90s flash reference when Barry saw the other worlds on his way to Earth 2

6. ZIPBAGS Registered

I just hope it's not Wally West.

7. batdude Registered

That may mean that somebody else is playing the real Jay. though I would be shocked if he wasn't the guy in the iron mask

8. haephestus Registered

The man in the iron mask is not a man - it's a woman. And that woman is Earth 1's Laurel Lance! It's all part of some incredibly complicated and convoluted time-travelling, body-double, fake-death plan hatched up between Laurel, Oliver and Barry!

9. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

10. Man of Steel Superman

Maybe Henry and Nora are divorced on Earth-2, and Barry's "dad" is actually his stepdad. That way, if they want JWS to be Jay Garrick, they can say that he left his family and changed his name to protect them.

11. jrmtz543 Registered

It's got to be the real Jay. Otherwise, where is the real Flash of Earth 2? Why isn't he trying to stop Zoom?

12. ZIPBAGS Registered

I hope Teddy Sears plays the real Jay Garrick. One because it would blow Barry's mind if Jay Garrick looked like Hunter. Also, I did like how Teddy played a "good" Jay earlier.

13. 04nbod I need to debrief you

All the capes of Earth 2 are inverted. Zoom is the Flash of Earth 2, like Cisco is Reverb and Caitlin is Killer Frost.

But where did Hunter get the name Jay Garrick from? Jay Zoloman was his dad right and his name wasn't Jason like Jay Garrick's is.

Why is the man in the Iron mask locked up? What is it that Hunter could possibly need? If its the real Jay Garrick maybe he needs info to keep up the Garrick disguise?

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

His dad's name wasn't Jay Zolomon. It was James Zolomon. Not only was there an article which confirmed that, but if you go back and listen to the episode, it sounds like James. People only hear Jay because they hear what they want to hear - because of Jay Garrick.

15. jrmtz543 Registered

They aren't necessarily all inverted, though. Barry isn't a villain on E2, and there have been several references to Zoom fighting the Flash of E2.

16. Gaultheria Registered

Both names could be right; "Jay" can be short for "James".

I heard "Jay", or maybe "Ja-!". That scene had Hunter's mom gasping and sobbing in panic, so her diction wasn't steady. I'm guessing it's intentional, to give the audience something to speculate about.

17. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

Hunter's dad.
    Hunter's mom called him 'Jason', which I believe is the full first name of Jay Garrick, so him tapping 'Jay' to Barry and Jesse makes sense.

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

So instead of Jay Garrick being a serial killer, he's actually a wife beater instead?

19. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

He won't be Garrick, he will be... Zolomon.

20. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

There were theories on this recently, I don't rule it out that it's Jay's dad.

21. 04nbod I need to debrief you

She says Jay and then James as I recall. Because as soon as I heard her say 'Jay' I was listening for 'Jason'.

22. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

That's who I think it is, either him or Eddie Thawne (earth 1 or earth 2 version)

23. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If it's Hunter's father, then why would he tell Barry that he wouldn't believe him if he told him?

Zolomon sr is nothing to Barry. He doesn't even know him. I doubt he even knows what he looks like.

24. JPC4 Registered

I still think it's going to be John Wesley Shipp's Flash, who will go by the name Jay Garrick. Yes, I know he was technically Barry Allen on the 90's show. So I can't explain the name change, but we know that the Multiverse exists. And this would be a shocking reveal that would garner some applause for the nostalgia factor. If this is the case, hopefully Kreisberg and company can explain it better than recent events (Eobard still alive, Zoom's past version, etc).

25. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

This. If it's Jay's dad the reveal won't be at all impactful, nobody knows him.