Sequels Who should be the enemy in Captain Marvel 2?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I would absolutely kill to see Veranke and the brood appear. The shi’ar would be cool too but they would be even better in a guardians of the galaxy volume 3 movie

It's hard to choose without knowing which story they want to adapt next.

My personal picks would be either J'Son and the Spartoi (if the movie is set during her years in space) or Moonstone (if it's set in the present).

I can tell you who I absolutely don't want, though... Mystique and Rogue. The next movie needs to be about Carol and Carol alone. She already spent most of her first movie depowered and not knowing who she was, no need to do it again.

My first choice is actually Galen-Kor but I voted for Moonstone and The Brood since they were the other options. Galen-Kor makes the most sense due to the plot threads set up at the end of the first film. I still want to see Moonstone just to set up Thunderbolts and the Brood are one of the biggest gains Marvel got with the Fox deal along with the Shi'Ar. My main issue is that the Shi'Ar are way too tied to the X-Men for them to ever appear in another property first.

Eh... You can for sure introduce the Shi'ar elsewhere in the MCU before they appear in an X-Men film proper. Hell, seeing an adventure with Carol paling around with the Star Jammers would be epic. Hell, scenes with her and Corsair would be easy to write given their shared background in the USAF.

Then there's the Imperial Guard to consider. I think it's reasonable to assume Carol had many an adventure among the stars. She probably fought battles that honed her powers but also seasoned her tactics and strategy. Where can you find antagonists that would fit the bill as something that could challenge her better than the Shi'ar Guard? Gladiator alone should give her a run for her money in a pure battle of power but he's got a whole legion (heh) of super powered subordinates to back him up. That's a great challenge for her to overcome and however such a story finds it's resolution, that Carol got a "win" against the Imperial Guard would instantaneously make her a legend among the space faring races of the MCU.

The Shi'ar could be introduced in a CM film and then when it comes time to use them in an X-men film a lot of the heavy lifting is already done for the audience, freeing up space (no pun) in the movie by getting exposition and explanation out of the way.

Last edited:
Talos' daughter will probably turn out to be Veranke, but I'd save her for the third CM movie. The sequel should focus on the fight against the Supreme Intelligence in my opinion, but throw in Deathbird too.

The film will involve the Kree once again and the Skrulls, and focus on their conflict. Carol learns of a 'superweapon' and goes on a search for it, only to realize it's Korvac.

She sympathizes with him; her and Korvac bond over being guinea pigs for the Kree basically. So when he betrays her and turns heel she's left devastated.

So, according this new and completely unfounded rumor (it's from Reddit), the villain for Captain Marvel 2 could be Korvac. I've heard of him but I don't think I've ever read anything with him in it.

D4r2hDJUYAAR1sI.jpg

That's Carol on his left. Interestingly enough, he's not from Earth-616.

I hope the rumor is false. The main appeal of the Korvac Saga was in Michael Korvac being an unimaginably powerful space god trying to live a quite life in the suburbs while plotting to remake the universe. Removing him from his cul de sac takes away the most interesting aspect of the character.

If it were Korvac, then allowing Carol to take him on all on her own would cheapen him. He is Thanos-level powerful. He killed the combined might of the Avengers and Guardians in the comics. He's also way too similar to Thanos and wouldn't be done justice in just one movie.

I voted Moonstone.

I going to say Blastaar, Tyrant, Terrax, Doomsday Man, Moonstone.

These are villains that can pose a physical threat to Carol. The first three aren't technically Danver's villains but Marvel has used villains of other heroes as foes for someone else before.

If it were Korvac, then allowing Carol to take him on all on her own would cheapen him. He is Thanos-level powerful.
So is Captain Marvel, though. I too wanted Moonstone to be the villain but let's face it, she would need a serious power upgrade to be able to go toe to toe with MCU Carol.

So is Captain Marvel, though. I too wanted Moonstone to be the villain but let's face it, she would need a serious power upgrade to be able to go toe to toe with MCU Carol.

Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel (ie Mar-Vell and Carol) both died quickly against Korvac in the battle with him. He dispatched of them very rapidly without any effort.

Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel (ie Mar-Vell and Carol) both died quickly against Korvac in the battle with him. He dispatched of them very rapidly without any effort.
But this is the MCU we're talking about, it doesn't matter how strong this Korvac dude is in the comics.

But this is the MCU we're talking about, it doesn't matter how strong this Korvac dude is in the comics.

Then they should just use a different character if he's not even going to be anything like Korvac or have the same backstory or power level. Why use him just to use the name? They could have a completely original character instead.

Then they should just use a different character if he's not even going to be anything like Korvac or have the same backstory or power level. Why use him just to use the name?
I mean, you could ask the same question about Mar-Vell, Minn-Erva and many other characters who have appeared in the MCU... it's Marvel. They do what they want.

It would be fun to see more women super villains like moonstone or deathbird

So... Just have Moonstone match Carol. Easy-peasy.

Chose Yon-Rogg (which would incude the Supreme Intelligence just be default) and Ronin (who, oddly enough, is not on the list...) They both showed an interest is taking her on, with Yon-Rogg especially with his intent to kill her in that deleted scene.

I wouldn't be opposed to Yonn-Rog coming back or Ronan. But... Neither offers a great physical challenge. I think it would be a great turn to have them be responsible for Moonstone, and then Moonstone turns the tables on them, showcasing how formidable a threat she can be to Carol, outwitting the Kree. In fact, you can make Sofen similar to Carol. Have her at first seeming to be manipulated by the Yonn and Ronan, only to have been onto them from the start just wanting to get her hands on that Kree powersource to become Moonstone.

I would be in favor of Yon-Rogg/Ronin enlisting Moonstone's aid in defeating Carol.

Don’t know how legit that is but Michael korvac is interesting. Bit big for a cap marvel type threat though, I would have thought he would be an avengers job

It says he could be the newest Thanos level threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"