Who should be the Villain

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain
Reaction score
What do you think? Who should be the Bad Guy in Captain Marvel's first Movie?
:shr:

Last edited:
Yon-Rogg and the Sentry? Not sure who else she's gone up against. Well, Mystique, but that obviously can't happen.

Yon-Rogg. You can also introduce Dr. Karla Sofen as a morally-shifty psychologist and have her become Moonstone in the sequel.

I think the villain(s) could be introduced already either in GOTG2 or Avengers: Infinity War Part 1. That way Carol can go straight into fighting them in her own movie and won't need too much setting up but can concentrate on character development.

Maybe the villain might even be allied with Thanos, and Carol is just assigned to dealing with that particular threat in her own movie, but it all fits into the bigger picture and links into Infinity War Part 2.

Yon-Rogg.

And the rest of the Kree Empire.

Supreme Intelligence included.

Yon-Rogg and the Kree. He's too tied to her origins.

Yon-Rogg and The Kree including the Supreme Intelligence.

Moonstone as the main villain and Nitro as secondary villain in a sequel.

What if the villain is someone who killed Captain Mar-Vell? Maybe she could be investigating his death, so there's an element of mystery to the movie. That would, of course, mean Mar-Vell would have to die more suddenly than over a period of time from exposure to nerve gas.

I agree with Yon-Rogg & the Kree, obviously... But I also have an interesting idea (hopefully?) to make the Kree Sentry a more interesting character, beyond just a killer robot, by turning it into the Doomsday Man.

So early in the film, they are attacked by a giant Kree Sentry, which they manage to disable after a bit of a fight. They bring in a scientist, Dr. Kerwin Korman, to study the alien technology, and he discovers a neural interface. Being a gung-ho scientist type, he decides to try it on himself (similar to the scientist in Pacific Rim communicating with the Kaiju). Unfortunately, closer to the end of the film, that results in the Sentry merging with his personality and intelligence, and re-activating, smarter than before (thus becoming the Doomsday Man).

Last edited:
I agree it should be Yon-Rogg, the Sentry and the Kree Empire for the 1st installment, with Carol protecting her home planet. For her sequel, after whatever goes down in the Infinity War, I'm guessing a lot of reparations will be needed throughout the universe, so I'd like to see an adventure in space, with Carol acting as an emissary of the Avengers protecting some other world/civilization from the tyrannical antics of the Spartoi Empire or something (kind of like she's been doing in her current run).

What if the villain is someone who killed Captain Mar-Vell? Maybe she could be investigating his death, so there's an element of mystery to the movie. That would, of course, mean Mar-Vell would have to die more suddenly than over a period of time from exposure to nerve gas.

Make it Yon-Rogg, and retool Carol's origin so that Mar-Vell dies when he passes his powers onto her.

My ideal Carol Trilogy would have the Kree, Moonstone, and MODOK. Which ever order Marvel wants to do those in is fine with me.

If he weren't so powerful, we could've had Korvac. However he singlehandedly killed off nearly all the Avengers and GOTG together. He would have to be seriously depowered for Carol to even stand a chance.

Korvac makes more sense as a future Avengers villain to me.

I would say Deathbird but as she's a Shi'ar then I guess FOX owns her.

Yon-Rogg would work well as the villain because he's an arch-rival of Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel, and Carol can fight him after Mar-Vell passes his title and his powers over to her.

Yon-Rogg. Possibly have him report to the Supreme Intelligence. Possibly also put Shatterax in the film since it's probably the only chance to ever see Shatterax on the big screen in the history of ever.

And since we're talking about the Kree who are all about biotech and genetic engineering, I wouldn't mind a clone of Ronan showing up with all his old memories.

I can see Marvel negotiating to get the Shi'Ar and Brood back so there's always a chance of Deathbird or Cru showing up. Those characters are a low priority for Fox and Marvel will pay good money for them.

I feel like Moonstone should be the villain in the sequel. Carol needs to have some serious trauma problems resulting from her own film and the events of Avengers 3 and Moonstone should be a psychologist in the military who has her own sinister agenda.

Sentry shouldn't come about until Carol has her full Binary powers.

And Ghazi Rashid and Doomsday Man are also possibilities for sequels.

Should someone start a thread for casting Yon-Rogg? Because I have a suggestion: Mel Gibson.

Yon-Rogg and the Sentry? Not sure who else she's gone up against. Well, Mystique, but that obviously can't happen.

Sentry would be interesting in my opinion. Seeing Carol/Captain Marvel square off against a Superman type of supervillain could be an interesting prospect.

The Brood and/or Cru would be very cool. Depending on how they set her up.

Sentry would be interesting in my opinion. Seeing Carol/Captain Marvel square off against a Superman type of supervillain could be an interesting prospect.

Are we talking about the Kree Sentry who is a giant robot? Because isn't the other Sentry in yellow and blue who was an Avenger meant to be a hero?

The Brood and/or Cru would be very cool. Depending on how they set her up.
:up: I'd be down with the Brood, but there seems to be a consensus that they're likely to be at Fox. But no one knows for sure, of course.

Are we talking about the Kree Sentry who is a giant robot? Because isn't the other Sentry in yellow and blue who was an Avenger meant to be a hero?
Except when he's ripping people in half... :o

But yeah, I think most people mean the giant robotic Kree Sentry #459.

Sentry_459_%28Earth-79102%29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"