1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Who should be the villain(s)?

Discussion in 'Green Lantern Corps.' started by John-An, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Strong was an amazing Sinestro

2. DeGenerate10 Br Ba

Personally I'd keep Strong as Sinestro. I can't imagine anyone being really bothered by that.

3. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Sacha Baron Cohen for Sinestro

4. Ravage Registered

I understand that Parallax is a huge part of Green Lantern lore but it deserves a bigger screentime towards a sequel. It has enough potential to make a movie theme similar to TDK as somewhere between a hero and a villain. But first movie with Parallax? Hell...Making Nekron the first movie's villain makes more sense.

5. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

It's tricky because they have multiple GL villains that all deserve to be main villains in a movie...

Parallax/Hal, Sinestro, Atrocitus and Nekron

They easily have enough material there for a trilogy.

6. Scarejo Registered

For the first one I would love to see Atrocitus, his followers like Bleeze and Skallox, would be nice to see them at war with another big deal villain like Mongul or Black Beetle. Sinestro would work better in a later film, but would be good see him as a GL and get developed. I would love to see him and his corps in a future film, Arkillo and Lyssa are awesome.

7. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

He's going to be in the new JL 'toon and in the new Injustice video game. He's definitely going to have an increased profile soon.
    [​IMG]

8. KalvinEllis Registered

Yeah, that looks awesome. I had suspicions they would bring some other colored Lantern instead of Sinestro for Injustice 2. I also doubt they would bring Hal back as the main GL in the sequel. Being a big Mortal Kombat fan, I know Netherrealm Studios likes to change things up for sequels.

9. BigSams50 Knight of Ren

"A buddy cop in space" would be awesome with a young Hal and mentor Sinestro. Only to have his mentor in the end turn out corrupt. Too bad we wont have it :(

As for Atrocitus,... Yes please. He looks like a straight beast. Easily my favorite villain created by Johns

10. TheRedWraith Registered

What if John were also an amputee and had lost his leg just below the knee. Then they could do something cool like make it so with the ring he replaces that part of his leg with a ring construct, or maybe he just reinforces his prosthetic with a construct.

#35 TheRedWraith, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  11. TheRedWraith Registered

Agreed I would want Sinestro to be an ally in the first film, and seeing as most people won't remember that after credit scene where he goes villain, then the shock of his betrayal can still be preserved.

12. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

I always thought that was a cool idea, even it is basically the same thing as Flash Thompson Venom.

13. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

I like this idea:up:

14. TheRedWraith Registered

Well it seems like a natural extension of the situation proposed by Rorschach but Flash's situation did contribute to the idea. What I like most about it is that just like with it giving Flash an unhealthy dependency on the symbiote, it does the same thing for John and making it so drama could be easily milked from it as some point where he is stranded somewhere after his ring has run out of juice.

#39 TheRedWraith, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  15. fancyarcher Registered

Atrocitus would be perfect. He's both a cunning and powerful villain, which would make him a perfect choice for the GLC. Maybe they could have the entire Red Lantern corps too, considering they're supposedly making it a team movie.

16. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

I've always wanted to see something like this on film. Soranik Natu once made legs for a fellow Lantern who was wounded in battle. Abin Sur had has hand cut off by Sinestro in Flashpoint, but he reconstructed it with emerald energy and saying, "This is what will can do." Those were awesome moments.

It would make sense particularly if Sinestro is still in the GLC in the DCEU, which would initially eliminate his Corps as possible foes.

17. Silvermoth Krakoan native

That might be interesting.

Have the corps go up against Atrocitus. Have both Hal and Sinestro as legends of the corp. Save them for a sequel. Yes, that would please me

18. MMMMM...Pancakes Cena Wins LOL

Manhunters for the first one. Sinestro Corps for the sequel.

19. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Yeah, that could work actually.

Keep Sinestro as a boogie man in the first one and then wheel him out in the second.

I never liked reading comics when the Green Lanterns honestly thought Sinestro was going to turn out nice anyway lol. I hated it when they all acted shocked when he betrayed them

20. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

They were used very effectively in GL:TAS. Connecting them with someone like Anti-Monitor or even Brainiac has possibilities.

Well, he's still a frenemy of the GL Corps, particularly Jordan. He and Hal fought side-by-side during the early days of the New 52. Recently, he tried to convince Hal to join him again. Sinestro still believes in the concept of a peacekeeping Corps, just not in the way the Green Lanterns enforce the law. That's why he has respect for Hal and John. He can't be trusted, of course, but he still has a twisted moral code.

21. Rowsdower! Registered

Using the Manhunters could potentially provide for a really interesting take on a villain; traditionally, they were written as becoming corrupt to the point where the Guardians had to destroy most of them, which led to the creation of the Green Lanterns. However, given how the Guardians are frequently portrayed as arrogant and often morally gray, I think you could play with that a bit to have the Manhunters' backstory not be so black and white. Perhaps Hal and Jon are initially led to believe that the Manhunters simply became murderous and mad with power, but they could eventually discover that they only truly turned evil after the Guardians sought to simply wipe them out in favor of using aliens wielding GL rings.

22. Boom I got nothin'

That's a terrific idea.

23. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

Plus the Manhunters would be a transition point to using the Red Lanterns for future sequels since the destruction of Sector 666 is what drove Atrocitus to hating the GotU.

Using the Manhunters would open up many storylines, but WB would have to tread carefully. The Manhunters would need to be cold, logical killing machines, so WB would need to resist the temptation of giving them too much personality.

24. greenlantern248 Registered

This is a fantastic idea.

I do think GLC could be set up to be a very loose sequel to the 2011 movie. Same way TIH was to the Ang Lee Hulk movie. This way you can make the first movie a smaller version of the Sinestro Crops War. Can change that it's not the Guardians is the reason for the manhunter turn but Sinestro or still make it 1 guardian Krona. Through out the movie show flashbacks or glimpses of Atrocitus in present day.

The end of the film could be a set up to the War of Light. Have Ganthet and Sayd get expelled from the Guardians.

Mid credit scene Saint Walker accepting the first blue ring while saying the oath.

End credit scene Atrocitus rising out of a pool of blood with a glowing red ring and reciting his oath. While he is saying the oath his Red Lantern suit forms.

Second film like I said war of light. With all but white and black in the film. Well maybe Black Hand in the film too. This film serves as the lead up to Blackest night.

Third film Blackest night.

#49 greenlantern248, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  25. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Let's just get Sinestro already. None of this saving him for later bs we don't know that we'll get two GL movies