Who should be the villain(s)?

My 2 cents :
I think they "should" go 2 roads : the Parallax one or the Nekron one.
Nekron :
Film 1 : Atrocitus or the Manhunters.
Film 2 : Sinestro.
Film 3 : Black Hand and Nekron.
Following the build-up of the Dark Knight Trilogy.
Parallax:
Film 1 : Manhunters.
Film 2 : Sinestro.
Film 3 : Hal becoming Parallax andarrival of Kyle.

Film One: The Manhunters
Film Two: Atrocitus
Film Three: Sinestro Corps and Parallax

i don't think it's a good idea to save Sinestro for a sequel that'll never happen

I think it would be. Have him appear on a wanted poster and build up his rep then go for it in a sequel.

Green lantern actually has good rogues now. Start with atrocitus or the man hunters and watch the cash spill in

I say keep it simple. Have Sinestro as the villain in part one, and then keep him around as a side threat in part two, and then one of two main threats (with the Sinestro Corps) in part three. I feel like Sinestro is such an easy villain to use in part one because you don't need to delve into a huge subplot involving his origin that takes us away from Hal's story. His story is fairly simply; absolute power corrupts. You don't need to have a bunch of scenes separate from the hero where we see him transforming into a villain (like we had with Hector). We would meet him as Hal (or John) is training, he'd come off like a stern jerk but a hero, and then along the way Hal would realize that he's secretly been enslaving Korugar and stop him.

I reckon get Robert Carlyle for atrocious (think of his character in trainspotting but with alien super powers, terrifying!) and then Luke Evans as Sinestro for the sequel

Atrocious then Sinestro for the sequel

Yeah, the trick is finding someone who can do that really intense kind of anger. Great actors can

I really don’t care to see Laterns vs Lanterns more than once.
I feel like that would get boring FAST.
Do it once with Sinestro and move on to something new.

Go with Sinestro for the first movie and Manhunters for a sequel.
I’d actually rather have it the other way around but Sinestro deserves his time to shine first :funny:

Atrocitus (first film)
Sinestro (second film)
Manhunters (third film)

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually think that, coupled with the Manhunters like in Johns' run, Hank Henshaw would be an interesting villain for a Green Lantern film. Granted, the character would probably need to be reinvented to the point that it would beg the question of why use him, but I think he has become a good foil in the comics at least.

If it were up to me, I would save Sinestro and his corps for the sequel, but obviously I that shouldn't be counted on as a certainty.

It will be fun if Sinestro's the villain in the first one, and he becomes a reluctant ally in the sequels..

This should be conceived as a trilogy, the story would definitely support three movies.

I'd hold off on a ringed villain in a first film. I'd look at Kanjar Ro, The Weaponers of Qward or Lady Styx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"