• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who SHOULD get the next solo? Who would you LIKE?

Luke234

Civilian
Reaction score
Who would be the next likely hero to get a movie based on comic popularity and/ or history? I'm not a comic reader so my pure guess is either Green Arrow or The Atom.
I've watched the Arrow show and he seems very similar to Bruce Wayne. I've seen The Atom played by Brandon Routh too.
I can't see them making solos on these guys because I think Green Arrow could be as boring as Hawkeye( that's just my opinion) and The Atom would seem hard to be very different than Ant-Man.
I think Firestorm has a very interesting story. I had never known he was a combo of two people and found that really interesting. I think it would look fantastic on screen too.

My hope is we get Green Arrow in the DCEU, not the TV version but proper, comics interpreted version. Personally, although can see the Hawkeye comparison, I believe his backstory and links to Green Lantern make him an ideal choice.

Also, the MM is crying out to be included in the JL set up further down the line.

My hope is we get Green Arrow in the DCEU, not the TV version but proper, comics interpreted version. Personally, although can see the Hawkeye comparison, I believe his backstory and links to Green Lantern make him an ideal choice.

Also, the MM is crying out to be included in the JL set up further down the line.

Oh I don't even know about a Lantern connection. I think MM looks cool but I always thought it made Superman less unique with having another last survivor. Despite his coolness I can do without him.

I would like the Green Arrow depicted with the blonde beard. I just like the unique look.

Oh I don't even know about a Lantern connection. I think MM looks cool but I always thought it made Superman less unique with having another last survivor. Despite his coolness I can do without him.

It relates back to the 70's when they had a 'double act' Green theme going on, to show the political slant at the time in America with left ideals of Green Arrow & Green Lantern more conservative approach.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/538793.The_Complete_Green_Lantern_Green_Arrow_Collection

Regarding the MM view, I think a way in for him in this DCEU would be in this upcoming JL film to have Superman, in his time, having been 'resurrected' and away from the other members, go in search of contact and visit Mars and find MM and bring him to the team once contact made with the others.

I can see the point that some likeness exists between Superman & MM, but I would say it allows for Superman to have someone who understands his pain & loss from a 'god perspective' plus it will be a good way to show his caring, empathetic nature that some have claimed has been missing up to now.

At the moment, I think a Green Arrow film would work. It'd be interesting to see what a relatively powerless hero- compared to the majority of the DC lineup- operates on presumably a mostly street level in a world with heroes that are seen as gods.

That and I just would want to see Stephen Amell's reaction to such news if it happened.

How about Booster Gold and Blue Beetle as a sorta buddy comedy action film like 21 Jump Street.

Green Arrow would be good if he maintained his comics personality where he is an ultra liberal self described SJW that fights primarily for the downtrodden. The Arrow show, while I find entertaining enough, ignores this side of him and basically turns him into a Bruce Wayne ripoff as you point out. I'd consider a Nightwing solo with a short Bat cameo or a Hawkman using his extra terrestrial and not ancient Egyptian origin.

My vote would have to be for Green Arrow for all the reasons Babillygunn mentioned. If you introduce that aspect and really play it up, it shows everyone exactly what makes him different from Bruce Wayne while all in all giving him a whole different narrative.

I'd love a Nightwing solo film as well, which is one reason I'm hoping Deathstroke isn't a main part of TB solo. Imo, he's better suited as a main antagonist for Grayson.

I think a Martian Manhunter film would be great and a great way to stick a finger in David Goyer's eye. A Supergirl movie is also a must. Maybe also Batgirl and Catwoman.

As much as I've learned to love the Green Arrow more than Batman (far better backstory and redemption arc),
another politically motivated vigilante ain't happening.
Not when he's really going to remind people of Iron Man, and especially not after BvS.

Grayson sounds like a great solo to make. Heck, there's still that rumor that he's undercover atm.

DC is definitely where teams shine best when you go outside of the main core JLer's.
I did, however, just think of giving Black Lightning, Static, or Reyes's Blue Beetle their own solos feels right.

Ok so far it looks like the DCCU might be a little disjointed.

MOS -> BvS -> JL
Probably WW -> BvS -> WW -> JL
SS May or may not lead to BvS and may or may not lead to JL

JL -> Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman

Green Lantern, Billy Batson, & Martian Manhunter are the most noticeably missing.

Green Lantern should be on the list some place but after their last attempt I'm guessing we're not going to see him anytime soon.

If they are going to go the larger threat massive team ups route I'd say Lobo to expand the universe. If they stick to 1 major hero, 1 minor hero, and Misc team ups (i.e. Suicide squad) then I'd say Tim Drake.

You know who I'd love to see a solo movie of? Robin.

Beyond what's actually been announced...

The next logical franchise is TITANS, featuring Robin/Nightwing, etc.I could see CYBORG not being a Titans movie, but seguewaying into one.

Solo? Martian Manhunter would make for an excellent film. A good Green Arrow/Black Canary teamup wouldn't be bad, and I'd dearly love to see SWAMP THING, THE SPECTRE and ANIMAL MAN.

I'm fully onboard for a Nightwing movie. Even if WB wants to keep Batman super serious and keep the Bat-family out for some reason or another, a Nightwing movie would not only be great on its own, but could also serve as a way to introduce/include Bat-family characters that they don't want in the Batman/Justice League films.

I personally would want to see a Green Arrow, Martian Man hunter (who I think differentiates quite a bit from superman although they share the "last survivor" thing, the differences in appearances etc, the mind reading, the different powers show how different the two are, and I've always looked at Superman as a being that wants to genuinely help people, where as MM as someone who just wants to understand his place in the world, borderline extreme depression, but wtih rays of hope and good will and some of the best god damn advice possible.

The other one I would really like to see is "The Question".

Though I feel that kind of movie would not go over well with the critics and the general population.

Deathstroke or Bronze Tiger. Let's get the League of Assassins established.

John Constantine. Because I'm so totally not biased at all. :o

So far, DCU sucks major ass, all the movies are horrible.

Saying this, and since there is nothing anyone can do about it, i'll give some ideas for them to ruin:

> Hawkman
> Dr.Fate
> Metal Men
> Captain Atom
> Blue Bettle
> Legion of Superheroes
> Hawk and Dove
> Grifter

Grayson/nightwing is long overdue for either a film or a series (I personally would prefer the latter).

You know I would absolutely kill for a Legion of Superheroes film with Superboy (heck they can even not have them pick Clark up from the past and just go the Superman X route and have him try to live up to the Superman name).

You know I would absolutely kill for a Legion of Superheroes film with Superboy (heck they can even not have them pick Clark up from the past and just go the Superman X route and have him try to live up to the Superman name).

Ditto, and I'd want it in the tone of the animated series. If done right, there's a Harry Potter-esque appeal to the whole set-up of this strange kid being whisked away to another world where there are others like him, and where he's got a name to live up to.

Maybe even bring back the kid from MOS if he's got the chops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"