BvS Sequels Who Should Play Supergirl in the Sequel?

NO!!!! Superwoman has black/brown hair.
She's supergirl :argh: :D

Last edited:
I've always preferred Kara to not look or sound so...LA/American, so my pick is Mia Wasikowska (24).

tracks-1.jpg
supergirl.jpg

She's a phenomenal actress, beautiful but not "hot", and a little awkward (not unlike her boyfriend & co-star Jesse Eisenberg).

Last edited:
I'm torn on this for a few reasons. 1. I don't want to see teenage superhero's, if they use her I would prefer she be older. 2. I agree that girl copies of the male hero's are generally lame. 3. That said, I've come to like Supergirl over the years and I prefer her over Black Canary, Zatanna and Hawkgirl (I like those characters, just like Supergirl tad bit more). 4. If the new politically correct culture of society is going to make them cast a regular Jane actress to play her I'd rather they just not bother. Kind of sick of that criticism at this point, why can't she be mature, independent, badass and have super model looks? I understand toning down the costumes a bit but we also have to cast actresses that aren't ridiculously beautiful on top of it? As long as the actress can act it should be fine if she looks great. 5. As dumb as Smallville was for the most part, I want Laura Vandervoort back, lol. I've never been against recasting actors just because they already played the part somewhere else, if they are good, why the hell not?

One of these actresses would be my choice Amber Heard, Yvonne Strahovski, Margot Robbie, Teresa Palmer, Olivia Wilde, Helena Mattsson, or Rachael Taylor. If they have to go young Nicola Peltz would be a good choice.

I'm not as hung up the age difference thing as most, as long as they are not tooo old, I'm fine with placing actors that don't fit exactly what the character is supposed to be. Young actors just aren't as good 9 times out of 10, so I prefer they go older, again, as long as they aren't too old (like, Cameron Diaz or Kate Hudson playing Supergirl would obviously be way too far). Kara was already a teenager when Clark was a baby, she was already older, just change it to say she was older than that when she got sent off. Don't see the big deal.

That said, I highly doubt we'll see Supergirl at any point during this run.

Last edited:
What you want sounds like eye candy SUPERWOMAN. Nothing wrong with that, and considering the story from the tie in comic, probably close to what we'll get.

However... Complaints about Supergirl being sexualized has nothing to do with "Political Correctness". Supergirl, originally, was a character that, despite being Superman's cousin (and despite that one weird ass Silver Age comic where she wants to date him... Eww..) is a faux child for Superman. A pseudo daughter, and a YOUNG person. Sexualizing a girl under the age of 18, hell under 21 for many, if off putting, yet in costume and in characterization that seems to be the only ideas that DCE has had for her these last 15 years or so. We probably won't get the true "Maid or Might" for the DCCU, but I can hope. Finally... We've got Catwoman, and Black Canary, and Zatanna and a whole host of villainesses and superheroines that are presented as eye candy. Can't Supergirl just be a girl and not fanboy fap material?

I also doubt we'll see her, but I do think Kara's addition to a post JL Superman movie could keep things fresh and give the movie more of a draw.

What you want sounds like eye candy SUPERWOMAN. Nothing wrong with that, and considering the story from the tie in comic, probably close to what we'll get.

However... Complaints about Supergirl being sexualized has nothing to do with "Political Correctness". Supergirl, originally, was a character that, despite being Superman's cousin (and despite that one weird ass Silver Age comic where she wants to date him... Eww..) is a faux child for Superman. A pseudo daughter, and a YOUNG person. Sexualizing a girl under the age of 18, hell under 21 for many, if off putting, yet in costume and in characterization that seems to be the only ideas that DCE has had for her these last 15 years or so. We probably won't get the true "Maid or Might" for the DCCU, but I can hope. Finally... We've got Catwoman, and Black Canary, and Zatanna and a whole host of villainesses and superheroines that are presented as eye candy. Can't Supergirl just be a girl and not fanboy fap material?

Like I said, I have no problem with de-sexualizing her character but now the actress can't be "too pretty" as well? That was what my comment was about. Toning down the costume, making her mature and independent and not a flirty dumb blonde is fine and makes sense. But I keep seeing this statement everywhere when I hear about any female character "they should cast a regular looking girl instead of a super model type". Why? As long as she can act and isn't running around in her underwear throwing herself at the lead male character why does she has to be of lesser beauty? It's just overkill on the PC culture to me.

I agree that Supergirl is almost always portrayed as a teenager, I just don't care for teenage superhero or villain characters in general. So I'd be fine with a soft re-write that allows her to be played by an older actress. I'd rather not see teenagers in these roles, it's just corny to me. I'd prefer they leave the teenage angle out of the movies. Personal preference.

You find a teenage Supergirl to be corny.

I find a 'hot' supermodel Supergirl to be corny.

Like you said, personal preference.

Last edited:
Supergirl is actually one of the few teen superheroes that makes TOTAL sense. She has unimaginable power at her fingertips. She'd actually be useful.

I find all teenage characters corny, not just her. As for the supermodel thing, that's just a term (that I probably shouldn't have used because it's being taken alittle bit too literal). She doesn't have to have supermodel looks but do we really need to purposely avoid actresses because they are "too pretty", is that a thing now? No, don't cast so and so, she's "too pretty", find a less attractive girl. Really? I listed some actresses for the part and yes they are all pretty but they are above average, good actresses that look somewhat like the character of Kara. I don't see what's wrong with that, I didn't just pick them because they are hot. If I was just going for looks I could have mentioned Julianne Hough or Lindsey Ellingson, but they can't act for crap.

Last edited:
Well on the flipside, is it really different than not wanting Driver for Nightwing? (which I don't personally have a problem with, but I get if he isn't someone's first choice).

Last edited:

... I think most women would find Henry Cavill to be on a supermodel level of hotness

The Justice League so far is comprised of good looking people

There's just a specific type of good-looking that I'm not a fan of for certain characters.

It's for this reason that I didn't want Taylor Cole for Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
There is a difference in looks even among those that are widely seen as attractive. Daniel Craig is attractive to many women, but it's not the same as a Brad Pitt. Early career Sophia Loren is sexy and attractive but it's not in the same way early career Cameron Diaz is. I think there is a difference in a sort of "glossy" beauty as opposed to perhaps Earthy beauty. Yes, I am aware how imprecise this all sounds. Sue me.

Hire her Snyder..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Better than any casting choice he's made so far, guaranteed! :D

And besides, she's a pretty good actress.

Taylor Momsen? She's come a long way since the grinch movie lol.

1063525-super_girll_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"