Iron Man Who should score "Iron Man?"

I just hope there is a score throughout and not just cheesy pop songs ala Daredevil. And no lame appearances by artists ala Macy Gray in Spider-man.

DD's "Inspired By" album consisted of 99.8% rock. I don't remember much pop :dry: .

As long as the songs are actually written or related to the movie (and as long as they are used just once or twice in the actual film), I wouldn't be bothered too much by an "Inspired By" album.

gregson-williams, or maybe zimmer

the rock soundtrack just SCREAMS iron man

More than anything, I hope Iron Man has a big, well defined theme that's distinct and awesome.

Movie scores today just don't really have these like they used to.

Also, Daredevil had that crappy Evanescence song that continues to plague crappy Inuyasha AMV's today.

News that Debney had the gig circulated in April, when Film Music Weekly reported it. Favreau refuted that news in June on his MySpace page here.

AFAIK, there hasn't been any official news on the composer since that time.

I would love for John Powell to do it, but John Debney is a pretty good choice too.

James Horner would be good as well.

I kind of want to see John Debney do it, but then again I've never really been impressed by any of his work. 'Passion of the Christ' and 'Cutthroat Island' are definitely his most notable scores. 'Evan Almighty' was basically a straight rip off of Aaron Copland's 'Appalachian Spring' in parts.

Would An Unknown Composer Work?

Hans Zimmer or John Powell.
Wildcard is Steve Jablonsky.

No Christopher Young (he set off a couple of things with his Spider-Man 3 score) or Danny Elfman (because I'm just tired of him getting alot of the superhero films).

The best choice for me would be LALO SCHIFRIN, one of the best movie soundtrack composers ever. His style is gritty and would encorporate the jazzy tone of early Marvel.

He's most famous for the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE THEME and his recent work includes the Rush Hour movies. His DIRTY HARRY and BULITT scores are incredible.

[YT]IonNvycm3ng[/YT]

Another big name is Bill Conti. I'd love to listen to his take on Iron Man.

Schifrin wouldn't be a bad choice, either, although he did compose one of the more unnerving Paramount Television fanfares :( .

Schifrin wouldn't be a bad choice, either, although he did compose one of the more unnerving Paramount Television fanfares :( .

Haha what's wrong with that?
But seriously, I think his jazzy uptempo yet gritty style is the perfect fit for any Marvel movie.

[YT]eP42mm-qkl4[/YT]

From Favreau's comments at Comic Con, I think this movie is going more for heavy metal than Jazzy kind of tunes.

There are a few choices they could go with.

John Ottman has done some SUPERB SH scores in his time, most notably X2 and SR.

John Powell's Bourne scores and his score for X3 (the ONLY good thing about the movie) were great.

Steve Jablonsky's score for TF was one of the best action movie score's i have heard in a good while.

Harry Gregson-Williams has done some solid work of late, his Narnia score being a personal favourite of mine.

I also thought Harald Kloser did an awesome score for The Day After Tomorrow which would fit in great with a SH movie IMO.

Any one of these i would be happy with.

From Favreau's comments at Comic Con, I think this movie is going more for heavy metal than Jazzy kind of tunes.

God I hope that he doesn't put the newest Linkin Park/Evanesence/metal song in the movie. I want a classic movie that when I watch years later, I won't hear some song that will really date it.

God I hope that he doesn't put the newest Linkin Park/Evanesence/metal song in the movie. I want a classic movie that when I watch years later, I won't hear some song that will really date it.

me too. which is why i hope it's zimmer/gregson-williams. when they use electric guitar along with a traditional orchestra it can sound "metal" but still be classic enough

When I say heavy metal, I mean more classic rock tunes instead of the new pop/rock/metal crap. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit crap you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"