Iron Man Who should score "Iron Man?"

I believe that Graeme Revell should score the movie. Him or Hans Zimmer. Hans is a musical mastermind. The scores for all 3 Pirates were amazing. They should release an "inspired by" soundtrack to the movie as well. If it were up to me, it would be the following songs:

Artist- Song

Black Light Burns- The Mark <----- Feature song
Foo Fighters- The Pretender
Strata- I Will Breathe Fire
Incubus- New Skin
Hoobastank- Pieces
ZZ Top- La Grange
Atreyu- Becoming the Bull
Black Sabbath- Iron Man
Drowning Pool- Full Circle
Chevelle- Brainiac
Breaking Benjamin- Evil Angel
The Used- The Ripper
Trapt- Stay Alive
12 Stones- Anthem For the Underdog
Evans Blue- Q
My Chemical Romance- The Sharpest Lives
Slayer- Here Comes the Pain
Velvet Revolver- She Builds Quick Machines

In that order.

Michael Giachinno (The Incredibles, MI:III)
Don Davis (The Matrix Trilogy)
Edward Shearmur ( Sky Captain)

Dangerous and Mr 7000+ are right about Elfman. Darkman sounds just like A Simple Plan, Big Fish sounds just like Nightbreed, Hulk sounds just like Black Beauty(1994), Men in Black movies sound just like Dolores Claiborne, Dead Presidents sound just like Meet the Robinsons, Dick Tracy sounds just like Charlotte's Web(2006), Edward Scissorhands sounds just like Red Dragon, Midnight Run sounds just like the Spiderman movies, Mars Attacks sound just like Article 99, Beetlejuice sounds just like The Kingdom, Planet of the Apes sound just like To Die For, Good will Hunting sounds just like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride sounds just like Mission Impossible (1996) and A Civil Action sounds like Family Man which sounds like Hot to Trot.
Can't wait to hear what Hellboy 2 sound like maybe it might sound like Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Flubber. Why this guy hasn't retired already I don't have a clue.( In case you didn't notice already I'm being sarcastic.)
But back on topic Giachinno, Davis ,or Shearmur should get a shot at it but definitly not Debney. Debney would only temp track Elfman, Silvestri, and Williams and won't bring anything new to the genre IMO. And no MV/RC composers that means no Gregson-Williams, Badelt, Djwadji, and especially ZIMMER. The guy is getting so generic it ain't funny. Powell's okay though. He did a GREAT job on X3 . Didn't sound like an MV/RC score once, thank goodness. It was the BEST and only good thing to come out of X3 IMO.

Sorry, but I thought the score was a lot better and a lot more epic sounding in X-men 2 by John Ottman.

Who ever does the music, if they make sequels, they stick with the same composer of all three. I hate it when they change composers for sequels and they don't have consistent sounding music.

Yep, that was one of the things I really despised about the X-Trilogy as a whole (besides X3 being a horrible conclusion to the series).

Yeah Ottman's X2 fit Singer's vision like a glove. But Powell hit the ball out of the park. I was surprised by how differrent his music for X3 was compare to his usual MV/RC music. You guys complained about Ottman not coming back. He was busy editing and scoring one of the biggest movies of last summer and year SR. So he wouldn't have fit that in his schedule. If he could I don't think both scores would've been as GREAT. Scoring for two different universes I don't he would've been focused on one or both in fact. So get over Ottman not doing X3 already. It's a done deal.

Is it not conceivable that John Debney, who previously scored Zathura for Favs, would be in the running?

Anybody but bland ass Ottman and the wonderful but overused Elfman.

Oh God, no... I want a classic score... no heavy metal...

I'd take Danny Elfman over John Ottman (John bland-man, you're right I SEE SPIDEY :D) any day.

And speaking of a score, I hope we get a full main title sequence at the beggining of the movie. I'm getting quite tired of this recent trend of putting allof the credits at the end of a movie :cmad: (generally speaking; not just comic-adaptations).

And speaking of a score, I hope we get a full main title sequence at the beggining of the movie. I'm getting quite tired of this recent trend of putting all of the credits at the end of a movie :cmad: .

Almost all Marvel Movies have credits in the beginning.

Sorry, but I thought the score was a lot better and a lot more epic sounding in X-men 2 by John Ottman.

Who ever does the music, if they make sequels, they stick with the same composer of all three. I hate it when they change composers for sequels and they don't have consistent sounding music.

Agreed 100% Ottmans score for X2 is possibly THE best CB movie score IMO, and i also hate it when they change the score throughout the franchise.

I was simply pointing out that JP's score for X3 was the only good thing about that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"