Iron Man Who should do the music?

I think that they should put in Ironman by Black Sabbath, would be a nice touch, and would be a good song when he recovers form being beaten down to finish off mandarin "I AM IRONMAN..."

Halcohol said:
I'd actually like to see a compilation for the soundtrack... something similar to what they had with Godzilla, only without a couple of the slower songs. Some good rock, alternative, then throw in some electronica or industrial at the movie's climax
kidsthesedays.jpg

Graeme Revell or John Ottman are both great composers who have worked on CB movies before.

Orbital for score. But they broke up...cues up Aerosmiths
'dream on'

why do people want black sabbath's Iron Man?

the lyrics have got nothing to do with the comics/movie :huh:

Iron Man by Black Sabbath is not appropriate for this movie. At all. Putting it in the movie because it says "Iron Man" in it is stupid. Listen to the freaking song before you suggest it.

Personally, I think Marco Beltrami's style would fit Iron Man very well.

I don't think the lyrics(ironman-black sabbath) should be in except the part where it goes "Is he alive or dead?" after he's been smashed up by mandarin, then the instrumenetal would be good, as it has a very metal feel, which is releveant as ironman's suit is made of.....metal! I think it would make it nice and dark, which is a quality I think Robert Downey Jr will bring to the film. I think we'll still get playboy stark, but we should expect a much more depressive stark when he's battling or alone etc, so he doesn't seem as 2 dimensional etc etc...

Personally, I'd hate a rock soundtrack to this movie.

I'm feeling more of a traditional score mixed with synth/electronics.

EDIT: - And I've just noticed that I really have to stop starting every post I make with the word 'personally'. lol

I just think the one rock/metal song would be good, and would be different to the rest of the music, so it would stand out and have more of an impact...

I see what you're sayin - It's just that I hear metal music in an action flick and for some reason it just reminds me of the WWE.

lol, fair enough, although sabbath is different to most conmtemporary metal music, I think it'd be a nice touch, there's like 0.00000001% chance that it happens, so :(, I am messaging the director though....lol

Lol - You never know, Favreau's a pretty cool guy.............it'll be interesting, to say the least, to see what he decides to go with.

:up:

i also messaged rovert downey jr too! lol, no reply though, almost been a week:(

Given Downey's connection to Elton John ( being in that music video of his )- I wouldnt be suprised if 'Rocketman' is used. lol.

Used to love that on 'Greatest American Hero'.

Hehe.

Elfman is the best but if they cant get him I think Hans Zimmer would do a great job

Marco Beltrami... he seems perfect for it, just look at i,robot

xwolverine2 said:
Marco Beltrami... he seems perfect for it, just look at i,robot

That was my thinking too. He also did the T3 music so he's well versed in producing scores to tech films. :woot:

Harry Gregson-Williams would rock. The MGS2 theme remains one of my favorite themes ever. I definaltey would prefer an instrumental-only soundtrack.

And for the love of god, no Black Sabbath's "Iron Man". I pray I never have to hear that song again after the L.A. County Fair. I work for Hollywood Video, and I worked the booth there during the fair. We made the mistake of setting up Guitar Hero, and every single freakin' person that played that game played either Iron Man or Smoke on the Water. I had to hear those two songs nonstop all weekend. Besides, that song has nothing to do with the character, and putting it in the movie will only further the problem of people thinking it does.

Katsuro said:
Harry Gregson-Williams would rock. The MGS2 theme remains one of my favorite themes ever. I definaltey would prefer an instrumental-only soundtrack.

And for the love of god, no Black Sabbath's "Iron Man". I pray I never have to hear that song again after the L.A. County Fair. I work for Hollywood Video, and I worked the booth there during the fair. We made the mistake of setting up Guitar Hero, and every single freakin' person that played that game played either Iron Man or Smoke on the Water. I had to hear those two songs nonstop all weekend. Besides, that song has nothing to do with the character, and putting it in the movie will only further the problem of people thinking it does.

I don't want them to use the whole song, just the instumental and the intro, and of course it doesn't have anything directly to do with Ironman, however it is a great song by one of the original metal bands, and the link is metal, the sounds is kinda electronic, I think it'd work witha darker version of ironman, like the kind I hope Downey will portray.

Iron Man is not that dark of a character, except for when he was drinking, and that kind of sound is not the dark kind of music you need for something like that. The song doesn't fit on any level. It may have a metal/electronic sound, but it is not necessary for them to use a song in this movie. That is what the score is for. A proper musical score is the way to go, NO ROCK MUSIC!!! (And I am a huge fan of this song, btw).

Spider-Fan930 said:
Iron Man is not that dark of a character, except for when he was drinking, and that kind of sound is not the dark kind of music you need for something like that. The song doesn't fit on any level. It may have a metal/electronic sound, but it is not necessary for them to use a song in this movie. That is what the score is for. A proper musical score is the way to go, NO ROCK MUSIC!!! (And I am a huge fan of this song, btw).

I'm guessing ironman is going to be a darker and more 3 dinemsional character, from the poster and the casting descision. I think the rough metal sound of the song would work well with, when ironman gets beaten down, then gets back up, then the music cuts as he delivers a line...

I don't see them taking a dark approach. Sure, there may be dark moments, but I don't see this being a dark movie.

I don't want a superdark film, I just think it'll be darker than Spidey, more like X-men 2, maybe a little darker

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"