Who will be remembered as DC's LAMEST villain of all time?

How about Sportsmaster

200px-Nomsportsmaster.jpg

That-Guy said:
Okay, we have Lex and the Joker duking it out for the #1 spot of who is DC's greatest villain... but who do you think is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to DC bad guys? I didn't include a poll because I'd undoubtedly leave someone out who deserves a spot. But here are the bad guys that I personally can't stand, off the top of my head.

Captain Cold
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Bat-Mite
Captain Boomerang (in case you haven't caught on, I pretty much hate any villain with the word "Captain" in their name)
Tweedledee and Tweedledum
Merlyn
The Fiddler

Those guys are actually pretty cool.

the ten-eyed man has ten eyes, one on each fingertip, and none in his head. That's his power. Batman had trouble with this guy... Literally, it would be worse than being blind, because the way you see would be so stupid...

newmexneon said:
How about Sportsmaster

200px-Nomsportsmaster.jpg

I love the Sportsmaster. Not only is his costume (there's a different, much better one) rock, but he turned the original Huntress evil. She used to be a heroine in the All-Star Squadron, (you can sort of see her in the picture), but apparenly this overblown jock with an irrational fixation on winning is all it took to turn her around.

I also love Clock King. His appearances as a member of the Injustice League and the Suicide Squad, as well as a wannabe mastermind in Chase make him a singularly entertaining character.

there's a new Crazy Quilt, since the old one is dead. It's a woman, and that's all that anybody knows right now. Created by Gail Simone, who wanted to give her an actual role in Villains United, but ended up just sticking her in the background. Just so you know that somone wanted to make Crazy Quilt into a badass.
Geoff Johns said in an interview with Wizard that he's seriously thought about using Kite-Man in Gotham Central.

Oh yeah Ten Eyed Man was lame.

His power was that he had eyes on his hands.

10-catch.jpg

The benefits of this were never explained, but he was treated as though he were very dangerous. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

I love Sportsmaster, a classic Golden Age villain.

I like the fist fight him and Alan Scott have in the Golden Age.

rigel7soldiers said:
Geoff Johns said in an interview with Wizard that he's seriously thought about using Kite-Man in Gotham Central.
Really? Odd, given that Geoff Johns never wrote or was rumored to be writing Gotham Central. :confused:

rigel7soldiers said:
The benefits of this were never explained, but he was treated as though he were very dangerous. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Yup the most hillarious part about Ten Eyed Man was that for some reason he was a respected villain & not laughed at.

10-jail.jpg

They couldn't have just put one finger out of the box.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Really? Odd, given that Geoff Johns never wrote or was rumored to be writing Gotham Central. :confused:

It was Johns who said it, I'm pretty sure. I'm wrong about GC because I don't read it and don't care to start.
Someone else joked about turning Maxie Zeus into a symbiote so that Bats could at least get a new costume.

Oh, it was probably for The Flash or something. He liked rejuvenating old villains in there. The Turtle, the Top, the original Trickster, Goldface, etc.
Pksoze said:
Yup the most hillarious part about Ten Eyed Man was that for some reason he was a respected villain & not laughed at.
Seriously, what's with all that dialogue after the cop's explanation of him? The only thing that should've followed that is about three pages of hysterical laughter. :p

rigel7soldiers said:

The benefit is that he could pretend to be a blind man, walk into a bank, and scope out the joind by feeling around, and no one would be suspicious. Plus, he was an ex marine with alot of weapons and hand to hand combat training, so that helped things.

...Goldface...

I'm not sure how he pulled off that resurrection.

The Question said:
The benefit is that he could pretend to be a blind man, walk into a bank, and scope out the joind by feeling around, and no one would be suspicious. Plus, he was an ex marine with alot of weapons and hand to hand combat training, so that helped things.

The thing is that he can't really hold much of anything, since he doesn't have eyelids for his fingers (at least I think not), and eyes are really sensetive, and whatnot.

His fingertips aren't as sensative as eyes. He can hold things just fine.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Oh, it was probably for The Flash or something. He liked rejuvenating old villains in there. The Turtle, the Top, the original Trickster, Goldface, etc.

Seriously, what's with all that dialogue after the cop's explanation of him? The only thing that should've followed that is about three pages of hysterical laughter. :p

Rumor had it Marv Wolfman specifically requested the death of this character in the original Crisis.

The Question said:
His fingertips aren't as sensative as eyes. He can hold things just fine.

Okay. I just guessed. Haven't really read his stuff, Sorry.

yenaled said:
...Goldface...

I'm not sure how he pulled off that resurrection.
I loved Goldface in Johns' Flash. Good idea to make him a union leader.

Yeah he was great, it's just amazing that Johns can take a character who was literally a walking plot device for Hal Jordan and make him a real character.

Also; that death is so lame, especially because nothing was really stopping Man-Bat from saving him.

I just think Man-Bat didn't really care. He's a guy with eyes on his fingers and he's somekind of criminal genious for Christ's sake! What the Hell is up with that?

Well, why would how good his powers are have anything to do with how smart he is? He could be a highly skilled tactitian and fighter and still have a rather useless power.

Hush. I really hope he's killed in the current arc in Batman/Detective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"