Who will be remembered as DC's LAMEST villain of all time?

Angle Man has to be one of the worst. Couldn't find a pic.

Angle Man has a crap gimmick, but he really does rule.

Yeah, he's actually got impressive powers and he's a cool character. Good product wrapped in a really, really lame package.

That-Guy said:
Okay, we have Lex and the Joker duking it out for the #1 spot of who is DC's greatest villain... but who do you think is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to DC bad guys? I didn't include a poll because I'd undoubtedly leave someone out who deserves a spot. But here are the bad guys that I personally can't stand, off the top of my head.

Captain Cold
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Bat-Mite
Captain Boomerang (in case you haven't caught on, I pretty much hate any villain with the word "Captain" in their name)
Tweedledee and Tweedledum
Merlyn
The Fiddler

Prior to pre-crisis, Mxyzptlik (or however his name is spelt) was a lame villain, but now they've re-created him as a sincere menace, he's a fantastic villain and I never tire him.

Not so much a menace anymore, though. Just capricious, I guess.

GOODT!MES said:
I'd just like to say- Composite Rainbow Raider made me bust up laughing.
Glad I had the desired effect on someone :)

Egg Fu is another Lame-O

ww157p10_andru_esposito_big.gif

I just started re-reading Knigthfall and in the beginning Bane kills some guy named Film Freak who had escaped from Arkham. He had an earring shaped as a roll of film.
Has he shown up anywhere else? If so, does anybody know what his powers where (if any) and if he was as lame as he sounds?

I'm not sure about the Film Freak guy. The only thing I ever saw him in was Knightfall, but I figure he had to appear somewhere before because he was, apparently, and established bad guy.

Speaking of Batman villains, I'd like to ad Black Mask to this list. Ever since he's come back into the limelight, I can't stand him. Prior to the whole "War Games" fiasco, he wasn't too bad, but now that DC has changed him into Joker-Skeletor, he's done nothing but merit a curbstomp. As I said before, you can't blame a character just because a writer writes him a certain way, but when its every writer... indicating that the character has been changed overall... then the character can be blamed. I haven't heard anything about Black Mask appearing OYL. Hopefully that's because he's dead.

Pksoze said:
He died in Catwoman.

He did? Recently? Because I remember hearing that he supposedly died in Catwoman a few years ago, but then he suddenly reappeared during War Games. Did he die officially, now? If so, was it painful? I truly hope so. The only thing Black Mask did that was worthwhile was kill Spoiler, and hell, he couldn't even do THAT right. First he gets his ass handed to him by her and then he shoots her, but it takes LESLIE THOMPKINS of all people to finish her off.

Well, that wasn't Black Mask's fault. That was the fault of the idiot writer who made Leslie a murderer. Really, I like The Black Mask.

And that reminds me... I think I'd have to put Leslie Thompkins as one of the lamest villains ever. Not because she's a lame character, but because turning her into a cold-blooded murderer is pretty much pissing all over everything that the character once was. I'll give them that it was a bold move, but it was the wrong one.

I like how Winick writes Black Mask, Batman could do with more waring mob bosses.

I thought the rapport between Black Mask and Mr. Freeze was excellent.

That-Guy said:
He did? Recently? Because I remember hearing that he supposedly died in Catwoman a few years ago, but then he suddenly reappeared during War Games. Did he die officially, now? If so, was it painful? I truly hope so. The only thing Black Mask did that was worthwhile was kill Spoiler, and hell, he couldn't even do THAT right. First he gets his ass handed to him by her and then he shoots her, but it takes LESLIE THOMPKINS of all people to finish her off.

Yeah I think its official, and I think it was painful.

Selina shot him in the f**king head. After he point blank said she didn't have the balls to do it :o

The Ten Eyed Man deserves a new ongoing just for the name alone imo.

Definitely. You can say that he was brought back from the dead when Superboy Prime was punching time, just like Jason. It could work...

ToddIsDead said:
That doesn't sound painful at all...

Does to me....

Then again your boy Jason had an even more painful death.

Ouch...

We should just turn this thread into the Ten Eyed Man appreciation thread :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"