Who will be remembered as DC's LAMEST villain of all time?

ToddIsDead said:
Definitely. You can say that he was brought back from the dead when Superboy Prime was punching time, just like Jason. It could work...

Damm straight and he needs a goofy sidekick with a hilarious catchphrase.

His sidekick should be Ten Ear Boy or Ten Nose Girl.

nite-owl said:
Damm straight and he needs a goofy sidekick with a hilarious catchphrase.

Ten Eyed Man needs no sidekick he has his own quips.

10-dingbat.jpg

nite-owl said:
The Ten Eyed Man deserves a new ongoing just for the name alone imo.

Really, he's not that lame. He could be a pretty good villain if somene tried a little.

Ask Grant Morrison, he won't say no :)

LOL, here starts the ten-eyed man campaign.

The Question said:
Really, he's not that lame. He could be a pretty good villain if somene tried a little.

I guess. I have who's who, and incidentally flipping through it I saw his entry.. Apparently a superb HtH combatant and marksman (even though he can't see with his eyes"

And, of course, there's the fact that he dies in Crisis #10.
Honestly, I don't like him. There might be worse villains, but I can't think of any. He accidentally blinded himself because he forgot where his eyes were.

http://www.seanbaby.com/stupcom/10eyedman.htm

I thnk we can at least agree that he did badly as a villain, despite how good he could have been.

newmexneon said:
You'll give anyone a chance won't you?

No such thing as bad characters. Just lazy writers. People say that Ten Eyed Man sucks because he has a useless power. Lex Lythor doesn't have any powers, but everyone loves him. An "no powers" is a much more useless power than "see out of your fingertips."

Pksoze said:
No...he's really lame.

But don't take my word for it...

Originally Posted by Pksoze
Kurt could you make the Ten Eyed Man a cool villain?

I doubt it.

kdb

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=548545#post548545

And he's not the only writer I've asked about it either.

So, Kurt can't think of how he'd use him. Big deal. I can. Ten Eyed Man isn't a bad character. He just hasn't been used to his full potential.

rigel7soldiers said:
I guess. I have who's who, and incidentally flipping through it I saw his entry.. Apparently a superb HtH combatant and marksman (even though he can't see with his eyes"

Honestly, I don't like him. There might be worse villains, but I can't think of any. He accidentally blinded himself because he forgot where his eyes were.

I thnk we can at least agree that he did badly as a villain, despite how good he could have been.

Dude, Seanbaby's funny, but he seems to hate every damn character there is. They put Ten Eyed Man is a maximum security cell because he's a former speciual forces military operative. You put guys like that in maximum security. And really, seeing out of your fingertips would give you an advantage in escaping from a cell, because you're more likely to notice small details that could help in your escape.

The Question said:
No such thing as bad characters. Just lazy writers. People say that Ten Eyed Man sucks because he has a useless power. Lex Lythor doesn't have any powers, but everyone loves him. An "no powers" is a much more useless power than "see out of your fingertips."

So, Kurt can't think of how he'd use him. Big deal. I can. Ten Eyed Man isn't a bad character. He just hasn't been used to his full potential.

Dude, Seanbaby's funny, but he seems to hate every damn character there is. They put Ten Eyed Man is a maximum security cell because he's a former speciual forces military operative. You put guys like that in maximum security. And really, seeing out of your fingertips would give you an advantage in escaping from a cell, because you're more likely to notice small details that could help in your escape.

I know, but it sounds stupid. And Seanbaby can make it sound een stupider than it normally does... Eh. I agree with oyu on the potential thing, but that's part of what makes him laughable; He barely used his powers to any advantage at all, and accidentally lost them before acidentally dying.

I don't know much about the Ten-Eyed Man at all, but if they did bring him back, I think they should revamp him so that he actually has EYEBALLS on his fingertips. Like, you could actually see them blinking and such. That would be freaky. Heh.

Patrick Gerard sort of answered my question on how to make the Ten Eyed Man sort of cool on comicbloc.

Pat said....

*I* could make him creepy as heck... Not sure about cool.

First of all, his gimmick is creepy as it is.

Second, this guy was born to be revamped even creepier.

Robin: "The ten-eyed man? That lame-o? Ooh. He was born with eyes on his fingers. Scary."

Batman: "He wasn't born that way."

Robin: "So how'd he get eyes for fingers? Somebody reconnect his optic nerve to his fingertips?"

Batman: "Those 'eyes' don't belong to Reardon. They belong to his victims. It's his time in special forces that make him dangerous. The human optic nerves surgically grafted inside his fingertips make him sick."

Robin: "Ew..."

Batman: "Also...? He's supposed to be dead."

Yeah, the underlying premise of the character still makes him goofy. Gerard's take is more interesting but still, at its core, just goofy.

Anyway, I thought ol' Angelo Bend was going to get an upgrade out of his appearances in Catwoman, hunting down the new Catwoman all creepily. But no, he just tied her up, she got free, and she kicked his ash with ease. Pretty lame, unfortunately. Bend could be a badass if he'd just use his damn powers well. :(

Agreed, the concept is great... just no-one seems to want to touch him.

Angelo Bend I mean, well it's not that people don't want to touch him, it's just that he isn't really being made a threat.

Maybe he'll get a run in Heinbergs Wonder Woman though.

Yeah, his angler can do practically anything, including teleport. If Mirror Master has shown us anything, it's that a seemingly goofy villain with unusual teleporting capabilities can be an absolute badass.

rigel7soldiers said:

Oh god! Now I remember why I stopped exploring SeanBaby's website. I read the Superfriends pages, and nearly died laughing. It took me forever to read each article, because I was too busy laughing.

Thanks a lot, Rigel. Now my sides hurt. I hope you're happy.

To Toddisdead and Pskoe, okay then ten-eyed man should have the quips but his sidekick should look up to him as a mentor and at the end of every issue should Hulk Hogan give the reader some advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"