• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who will be remembered as DC's greatest villain of all time?

Calendar Man

Sidekick
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Who will history look at as being the greatest villain from DC comics?



Jokerkillingjoke.png


V.S.


Sb6.png



V.S.

??????????
 
It's gotta be ??????????. That guy is mean as Hell.
 
The Leaguer said:
It's gotta be ??????????. That guy is mean as Hell.

lol yeah I put a poll up. That was meant to symbolize the "other" option.
 
Based on your poll options, shouldn't this be a "Batmans greatest villian" ?
 
SouLeSS said:
Based on your poll options, shouldn't this be a "Batmans greatest villian" ?

I included a bunch of other villians (including a bunch of Superman villians) and an other section so I'm not really sure what the problem is. Its not my fault Bats and Supes have the most high profile villains. This is supposed to be who history will see as the greatest. If you think it is someone not on the list vote for "other'.
 
C'mon now!
another stupid Batman character is wining just because the superherohype are infested with bratfans who are voting more than once for their favorite and only known character that they grew up watching on batman tas .

I’ve always thought that lex Luthor would be more than fit to be the Batman no. 1 enemy instead of a clown
Then again perhaps that Lex is way more too cunning and superior for the bat after all!
 
The Leaguer said:
It's gotta be ??????????. That guy is mean as Hell.
that's not what i call mean
that's just silly and so is the rest of them batman's main villains except for catwoman perhaps !
 
Diamondhead said:
C'mon now!
another stupid Batman character is wining just because the superherohype are infested with bratfans who are voting more than once for their favorite and only known character that they grew up watching on batman tas .

I’ve always thought that lex Luthor would be more than fit to be the Batman no. 1 enemy instead of a clown
Then again perhaps that Lex is way more too cunning and superior for the bat after all!

No one voted twice. Its a public poll so you can check the people out if you want. And only a total of five people voted so far, so I really wouldn't concern yourself with whos "winning" yet.
 
The Joker is one of the only comic book villains to reach icon status, usually it's only the most famous of comic book superheroes that achieve that...like Superman, Batman.
This is partly due to the fact that the Joker was built upon an existing icon (the Joker card in a deck of playing cards), however, the character has taken that symbol and made it all his own not only bringing to mind the clever court jester, but also the clown as his modern replacement to create a strangely fun and likeable villain... so that most people cannot help but think of this

3442_a_full.jpg


when they think of this

0015-0312-0811-5519_SM.jpg
 
Lackey said:
The Joker is one of the only comic book villains to reach icon status, usually it's only the most famous of comic book superheroes that achieve that...like Superman, Batman.
This is partly due to the fact that the Joker was built upon an existing icon (the Joker card in a deck of playing cards), however, the character has taken that symbol and made it all his own not only bringing to mind the clever court jester, but also the clown as his modern replacement to create a strangely fun and likeable villain... so that most people cannot help but think of this

3442_a_full.jpg


when they think of this

0015-0312-0811-5519_SM.jpg


Very good point. He has also been everything from a goofy, kid friendly type character to the most vile and evil villain imaginable (in comics intended for adults). He is always there. He has my vote.
 
i voted Joker, because he is my fav villian of all time, but Lex probably the better criminal mastermind.
 
warren_sparta27 said:
i voted Joker, because he is my fav villian of all time, but Lex probably the better criminal mastermind.

I'm not so sure about that.
 
I voted for Joker. Lex Luthor is probably a more versatile villain, but he's not as evil as Joker.
 
Anybody ever read the Autobiography of Lex Luthor. After reading that, Luthor scared me a bit more than the Joker. His cruelty, his genius, and his god complex fascinated me.

Reading the Autobiography of Lex Luthor & the Killing Joke back to back makes the Joker seem a far less evil but more sympathetic figure imo.
 
Joker hands down on the list, I dont know if anti-monitor should be part of it though? maybe? he did destroy all but a handful of the universes or since he was just created for that miniseries he doesnt really qualify?
 
1. The Joker.
2. Darkseid.
3. Lex.

No other villains that were choices compare to those three.

:cool:
 
SsM said:
Joker hands down on the list, I dont know if anti-monitor should be part of it though? maybe? he did destroy all but a handful of the universes or since he was just created for that miniseries he doesnt really qualify?

I don't think much of the general public knows who he is but people who think he is greatest can vote for "other" and post his name.
 
LUTHOR. As much as I love the Joker, he just can't match Luthor in the evil schemes department. His own incompetence is his downfall, constantly. At least Luthor (occasionally) learns from his mistakes.
 
I still think The Joker has had a bigger impact and is more iconic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,630
Messages
21,776,715
Members
45,615
Latest member
TheCat
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"