Who will Lead the X-Men after Xavier's passing?

TheWeatherMan

A Storm's a comin'
Reaction score
If/when Xavier is killed off in X3, where will the franchise go in regards to leadership? I am a huge Storm fan, however, I prefer Xavier's leadership over anyone else because he brings neutrality to the X-Men and his presence demands respect (not-to-say anyone else doesn't). It’s as if he validates the X-Men Team. So, where will they venture in regards to leader/mentor of the X-Men? Will they turn to Storm (Ororo Monroe, Weather Goddess and a mother figure to many of the X-Men) or Cyclops (Scott Summers, a great, tactical leader who is a little stiff at times, but gets the job done)? If rumors/reports are true, Cyclops will be killed off as well… taking that into consideration, who would then be fit to lead in the X-Men movie franchise?

This is not a trick question; no answer is the final or definite answer. However, how well you present your argument is the key.

This isnt very "spoiler" like, so we best make this short and simple before it gets deleted.

Cyke.

Cyclops. If it's leading, he's the best there is at he does. As he's already been presented as a leader in the past 2 films, its logical that he would continue. Especially that talk with Xavier in X1, when Xavier is knocked out.

It'll probably be Storm and Wolverine....

I have a good guess that Cyke won't die... and if he does, he'll come back... so...

1. Cyclops
2. Storm (If Cyclops leaves)

Cyclops isn't going to have much of a role at all in X3 and since Halle and Hugh are the biggest stars in the series they'll probably take charge

I think Ratner made some big alterations since the script review. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyke had an ensemble-sized part. Ratner seems to be a big fan of the X-men, I don't think he'd let the story of the Phoenix go without the emotion of Scott.

The Original Bamfer said:
I think Ratner made some big alterations since the script review. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyke had an ensemble-sized part. Ratner seems to be a big fan of the X-men, I don't think he'd let the story of the Phoenix go without the emotion of Scott.

I hope so, because the only one who seemed close or had some sort of connection to Jean and there fore would have good emotional scenes, would be Wolverine, Cyclops and Xavier.

I never got anything from them but coworkers.

Scott, Logan and Xavier all have more of an emotional connection with her. One is her boyfriend, the other is her unrequited love, and the last is like a father figure and mentor. All would have more impactful scenes, so I hope script changes were made to accomadate Cyke as Bamfer said.

cookiva said:
This isnt very "spoiler" like, so we best make this short and simple before it gets deleted.

Cyke.

I would say it is considering the fact that Xavier is said to die in the film (SPOILER) who would lead? If Xavier and possibly Cyke dying in the film isn't a spoiler... please correct me.

Intheknow101 said:
Cyclops. If it's leading, he's the best there is at he does. As he's already been presented as a leader in the past 2 films, its logical that he would continue. Especially that talk with Xavier in X1, when Xavier is knocked out.

:up: His scene with the professor was very short, but clear in X1, and he has always been a good leader in my book...

In X2, Jean and Storm seemed quite like friends.

But its so underdeveloped. What I'm saying is unless they want to devote screen time to establishing a more solid connection, they should use the strongest connections already present. And unless Cyke dies, why wouldn't he be one of the key players, effected the most, and with the most to gain or lose from Jean's return? Same with Logan and X.

Intheknow101 said:

Scott, Logan and Xavier all have more of an emotional connection with her. One is her boyfriend, the other is her unrequited love, and the last is like a father figure and mentor. All would have more impactful scenes, so I hope script changes were made to accomadate Cyke as Bamfer said.
Storm and Jean think of each other as sisters, more of a connection then Wolverine for sure although I agree with you if you're talking about them in the movies, Storm barely shed a tear when Jean died

Intheknow101 said:

That was a big problem for me... In the movies they were portrayed as co-workers and that barely scratched the surface of their relationship. Storm and Jean loved each other like sisters, but you would have never known by watching the films. Even after they spent the entire X2 film together... you would never know.

S7ilver said:
Storm and Jean think of each other as sisters, more of a connection then Wolverine for sure although I agree with you if you're talking about them in the movies, Storm barely shed a tear when Jean died

Barely? I think she was more upset that she couldn't control the jet... lol (j/k). ;)

No, you're probably right lol You think she would've at least looked for Jean's body before flying away. It was probably too much trouble for her

S7ilver said:

I know Jean and Storm are close in the comics, but since we're discussing the movie this hasn't really been shown like you state.

S7ilver said:
No, you're probably right lol You think she would've at least looked for Jean's body before flying away. It was probably too much trouble for her

Just a tad...:rolleyes: they really misdirected that scene. More emotion from the other team would have been more realistic. But you know what... this made me think back to the episode in the 90's cartoon series when Morph was left behind and Storm waited until everyone left the plain before she started to cry. Maybe she needs to keep herself emotionally stable in order to keep the weather under control? If that was the case, they should have displayed it.

As I wrote over on the other thread:
I know it's rumored that Patrick Stewart did not want to return to a fourth X-Men movie, and therefore, he and Cyclops and Magneto were going to be done in by the Phoenix. (source:AICN) In the comics, Xavier has undergone significant character changes, as have the rest of the X-Men, and if he were to die, the dream would carry on (as it has.) However, the movie-verse is still young. The characters still seem to be adjusting to their powers and the idea that they are hated and feared by "flatscans". As much as I love Storm, the Storm in the movie is far from ready to become the embodiment of Xavier's dream. Neither would have Cyclops been ready to step into Xavier's shoes. I think they will have a loophole somewhere, Xavier's psychic powers will protect him from decimation or atomization or whatever the heck is supposed to happen. I'd have a hard time buying anyone else as mentor in the movies at this point.
As for the emotional connection in the movies, I didn't feel any of the characters seemed particularly tied to one another. Possibly Logan as a protector-figure to Rogue, but I didn't get the impression of anyone's connection to each other. Jean and Scott seemed forced, as did Wolverine and Jean. It was awkward watching them together. Same with Kurt and Storm. Though it was a nice effort, they all appeared disconnected.

Who will lead? well for what the movies show, neither Logan or Ororo seem really ready to take the part and i'm quite sure that Cike won't be very much around (i'm not saying if he dies or not) since Jean isn't, and that seemed the main excuse to have him around. So i have to give my vote to Beast, we don't know what will be his part but sure he will be with the good guys, so he may be really good friend of Xavier and by Grammer's age he may have a part on command.
About relations between the xgroup Jean and Scott seemed cold to each other but showed, at least on his side real love, i take her reaction to Logan as a test on her side both of herself and of Scott's affections, i can't help feeling that the x2 kiss between Jean and Logan seemed really out of place and their realation seemed to cool down as if bobby where around and high at work, his reaction to her "death"was more of shock than any other thing and he was on conforting Scott more than grieving. ;)

Besides the fanboys here who even gives a crap about Scott Summers? Singer spent all of two seconds developing his character.

Cykes is a natural leader. He's played the role of field leader in X1. I think that this would give him the opportunity to step up.

TheWeatherMan said:
I would say it is considering the fact that Xavier is said to die in the film (SPOILER) who would lead? If Xavier and possibly Cyke dying in the film isn't a spoiler... please correct me.

Who said Xaivier was dying???? That was a rumor in that was in the AICN script review, much of which has been changed. We cant take everything we hear *cough* emma frost *cough* as the truth. This should be in the sequels section, as it is about the next few films, and who should be the leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"