Who will Lead the X-Men after Xavier's passing?

Electrix said:
You may say that now but it may been the best thing to do once you've seen the movie...

may, being the key word

i still stand by my original point

killing off cyke/prof will be STUPID =(

I like your signature, Yellow. It's sad but it's true.

X-Men 3: Every Mutant But Gambit and the Possible Death of Cyclops and Half of the Cast.

i think it's gonna suck to have Prof X die :( then again, we don't really know that much of what's goin on. cuz there have been re-writes with the script.

Yeah, you're right. We don't know enough. All I know is that Bush is a *****ing *****ebag

I just posted this in the sticky trailer thread, but it applies here as well.

Ive been starting to think about the funeral scene in X3, and what if Xavier does die, but Magneto does as well. This would be a fitting way to end the series, to have two associates/friends/practically family members to share a funeral. It would be fitting in the spirit of the films. I mean, we cant have Magneto go to jail again, as he will break out. Hes not going to "retire", and I doubt he will lead the Xmen.

Xavier can'r die! Noooooooooooo! Well, if he did, either Cyke or Storm would lead the team. In the movies, it seems like Storm has taken more of a leadership role than Cyclops.

KingOfDreams said:
Xavier can'r die! Noooooooooooo! Well, if he did, either Cyke or Storm would lead the team. In the movies, it seems like Storm has taken more of a leadership role than Cyclops.
Hmmm...The first X-Men seemed to suggest that Storm, Jean, and Cyclops both had individual leadership qualities whereas Storm and Cyclops were the main authoratative figures out of the 3, and Cyclops was above all, was first in command,...but it is never directly stated...So, whenever Cyclops is not there, it is Storm that is pretty much trying to keep things under control with Jean (like in X2)...

-TNC

As much as I don't want Xavier to die, Cyclops should take over. He hinted at it in X2 when Xavier was in a coma.

I think it would be Cyke. IMO Prof. brought cyke to magnetos cell with him in X2 because he knew if anyone was to be informed of the conversation him and erik had in the cell it would be cyke because he is the leader if he ever goes MIA or dies.

As I wrote over on the other thread:
I know it's rumored that Patrick Stewart did not want to return to a fourth X-Men movie, and therefore, he and Cyclops and Magneto were going to be done in by the Phoenix. (source:AICN) In the comics, Xavier has undergone significant character changes, as have the rest of the X-Men, and if he were to die, the dream would carry on (as it has.) However, the movie-verse is still young. The characters still seem to be adjusting to their powers and the idea that they are hated and feared by "flatscans". As much as I love Storm, the Storm in the movie is far from ready to become the embodiment of Xavier's dream. Neither would have Cyclops been ready to step into Xavier's shoes. I think they will have a loophole somewhere, Xavier's psychic powers will protect him from decimation or atomization or whatever the heck is supposed to happen. I'd have a hard time buying anyone else as mentor in the movies at this point.
As for the emotional connection in the movies, I didn't feel any of the characters seemed particularly tied to one another. Possibly Logan as a protector-figure to Rogue, but I didn't get the impression of anyone's connection to each other. Jean and Scott seemed forced, as did Wolverine and Jean. It was awkward watching them together. Same with Kurt and Storm. Though it was a nice effort, they all appeared disconnected.

I know this thread is really old... but I just wanted to comment on your comment Weatherwitch because it is timeless in regards to the films. Your point is very much on par. And it's amazing that you were able to call out what Xavier would do to counter his destruction (hence his scene at the end of the credits). I spent the entire day today (yesterday) cleaning my apartment and watching X-Men TAS and one thing that was definitely missing from the movies is the relationships between characters. Why do the characters care about each other? Some of the only connections that the movies have done an almost good job at presenting were that of Storm and the kids (teaching and caring for them) and genuine tears from Storm & Logan when they found his chair in Jean's home (I feel it every time I see Halle's face... she sold it to me). Their connection with Prof. X was definitely real in my mind, but more in small doses instead of consistently throughout the films.

I guess overall, I think that making these connections/relationships stronger would create more meat for the characters individually. Storm's dialogue with Nightcrawler in X2 added a little more meat to her character. Although I would have modified her lines in some cases, we got a glimpse of who Storm was - but still not enough.

I love your posts WW.

Funny because, before X3, I just couldn't picture Storm as leader. After X3, I can clearly see her stronger and ready to deal with the school. So, at least in this point, I think X3 did a good job at presenting a stronger, more mature and prominent Storm, even if she's still far from the Storm I'd like to see. Movie Storm, imo, is fully prepared to take over a a leader. Maybe not field leader, but a leader at the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"