Who would play an incredible Dracula these days?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I remember reading that Dracula is the most adapted character of all time. Just about every generation has a new actor play Dracula.

If they were to make another Dracula film, who would be a great fit? I would love to see Fassbender take the role. It would be interesting to see if someone could update it without it being cheesy (I'm looking at you Dracula 2000)

Daniel Craig might make a good one too

Last edited:
Fassbender is way to obvious. Elba playing a vampire would be Wesley Snipes 2.0 .

cast Cumberbatch. collect all the money from the BO and enjoy all the oscars for best movie and best actor.

Fassbender is way to obvious. Elba playing a vampire would be Wesley Snipes 2.0 .

cast Cumberbatch. collect all the money from the BO and enjoy all the oscars for best movie and best actor.

Fassbender is too obvious but Cumberbatch isn't? :woot:

Erik King
"Surprise Mother ****er"

Cumberbatch would be great.

Fassbender is the only name on that list I think could pull it off.

what the f*** is alex pettyfer doing on that list? any way I voted for idris elba, I think the worlds ready for a black dracula.

ooooo, that would be f***ing terrifying lol, I don't know if the general public could handle that.

Alan Cumming's eyes look like the portraits of Vlad Tepes (the Impaler). Perhaps he would be good.

Also Alan Rickman has always played a sinister and charismatic villain.

Just looked up Idris Elba because I am not familiar with him - C'MON, how could he play a 13th century eastern European warlord? If any remake of Stoker's Dracula was to be made I would like it to be as literal to the classic book as possible. There have been way too many plot manipulations with Stoker's classic over the years and I would like to see this great book filmed properly. Look, if this means keeping the main character making very few appearances, as in the book - then make it that way for a change. Keep the dark lord in the shadows and have his menace be felt by the storytelling instead of fangs, and blood and gore. Get a good director and make this a really class film. This is why the relatively unknown Cumming may be a real option.

Last edited:
Thank you to the posters who actually suggested some non-British actors! Jesus, why is this f***er, Alex Pettyfer, even on the list?!?!

Cumberbatch, because he already looks ****ing weird.

Cumberbatch all the way. He's got an oddly dark, yet visually pleasing look to him and that deep silky voice would be perfect for a manipulator like Dracula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"