Sequels Who would you cast as Banshee in X-Men 4?

filmguy619

Civilian
Reaction score
If Banshee is in X-Men 4, who would you cast as him? My cast pick would be Ewan McGregor. He's got the accent and the personality for the role, and I would love to see him play a superhero.

seanbeant.jpg

End of discussion :yay:

Good one with the Sean Bean suggestion.

The thing with Sean Bean though is that his character almost, always turns bad in any film he appears in... :p

If Banshee is in X-Men 4, who would you cast as him? My cast pick would be Ewan McGregor. He's got the accent and the personality for the role, and I would love to see him play a superhero.

Banshee is Irish. Ewan McGregor is Scottish. He doesn't have the accent. :yay:

What's the difference between an Irish and a Scottish accent? They sound the same.

There has always been one person i felt could only ever play banshee in x-men, or any spin off that would feature him...

See Banshee is a mutant that uses his vocal cords which for some reason made him fly too... to me, a mutant that uses vocal cords would make sense to cast a singer in that role... someone who can carry a sound... like a rockstar... but not many of them ever act or act well...

But then i saw a movie called Old School, and it hit me, Dan Finnerty... he is the singer that appears at the weddign scene of Old School. He also appears in the starsky and hutch movie.

K+Swiss+Global+Tennis+Showdown+M7xT5FosQAUl.jpg

Heres a picture... you tell me if this isnt our BANSHEE!

What's the difference between an Irish and a Scottish accent? They sound the same.

They aren't and after hearing actors like Ewan McGregor in Angels and Demons and Gerard Butlers in P.S I Love You attempt an Irish accent fail terribly I would rather not see them try and play an Irishman.

Will people please stop quoting my reply about an Irish and Scottish accent sounding the same? I just want to know who you think should play Banshee. That's all I want to know. Thank you.

Will people please stop quoting my reply about an Irish and Scottish accent sounding the same? I just want to know who you think should play Banshee. That's all I want to know. Thank you.

Calm doon son, the laddies hud sum relevant points tae make aboot the auld accents there. Aboot the only 'hing us Scots an' the irish huv in common accentwise is we baith yase the wurd 'aye' a lot.
Oor lochnessie dusnae sound like a leprechaun an' vice a versa.

Cannae think eh a better choice than the furst wan, wee Sean Bean. A boonie wee actor, an' 'e actchully looks like the bold Sean Cassidy.

Am no sure aboot how an actor's vocal chords wid be relevant tae the role tae be honest, the screamin' wid be like yon earsore ye goat fae Siren in X2. They widnae be expectin' the actur tae be goin' wae the auld methud actin' an' stickin' pins in 'is arse tae go that high pitched.

Ah'd like tae see Banshee in a fulum, nevur really gave um that much thought eh appearin' in an X-fulum. Ah always huv tae covers ma ears or turn the telly doon when yon Siren belts oot in X2, am tellin ye.

Last edited:
^typing in irish....er...scottish.....bbaaddd idea :oldrazz:

^typing in irish....er...scottish.....bbaaddd idea :oldrazz:

Ah dinnie ken whit ye mean son. Did ah sound like yon Banshee there? Ah suppose in they wee wurd balloons in the comics the scotch an the irish mebee reed the same but when somebudy's talkin' oot their mooths in real life it's a totally different kettle a fish!

i'm not sure what u just said.... but i think i may be offended... maybe.

i'm not sure what u just said.... but i think i may be offended... maybe.

Ok, English translation:

I'm not sure i know what you mean?(which was a joke opening just to fit in some hard scotch)
Did I sound like Banshee(ie Irish) in that last post?
I suppose when you read the word balloons in comics(ie writing, like my other post) the scotch and irish dialect are very similar, but when you hear people speak in real life it's a completely different matter.

haha ok i got it....

all i think of when i hear people talking about ireland/scotland is the scene in finding forester when the kid says "your going back to ireland?" and connery gives him a "i'll rip yer heart out" look as he says "ShCOTLAND, FER CHRrrrIShT ShAKE!

hahaha

I love Ewan McGregor too. He is a great hero. :yay:
clear.gif

I like ... and as mentioned above
-Damien Lewis
-Ewan McGregor

or maybe Eric Stoltz, he's 6'0, about the right build and is even a red head

Sean Bean would be perfect. Although he might be a bit old now.

Banshee was always the second oldest of the all new all different Uncanny X-men (below Wolverine) so it's good to go for someone a bit more mature. To me, he looked like the oldest of the all new, all different X-men.

How about Sean Patrick Flanery? He's Irish, 44, good actor. He's in the Boondock Saints II flick.

photo_20_hires.jpg

yacandj_episode_120.jpg

004DIF_Sean_Patrick_Flanery_045.jpg

SeanPatrickFlanery4.jpg

YES THIS WAS JUST AN EXCUSE TO POST PICS OF SOME RANDOM (BUT VERY HOT!) ACTOR... :oldrazz:

If he looks familiar he played the title character Powder.

powder.jpg

What makes anyone think Banshee is going to be in the next sequel anyhow? And a banshee is strictly a female creature, so good lunc explaining that to the general audience!

Before I even clicked into this thread, I was thinking Sean Bean, who has played Irish characters in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"