Who's getting ready to do their taxes?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
I can't do **** until my W2 gets here, unless I can get a download from the company early that I can print out. Most people wait until April, but I would rather get my refund earlier than later personally.

Of all things to think about on the first of the year. :huh:

I thought about it today as well. :cmad: :csad:

It's not me being anal, I just want the ****ing money.

I want the money soon it will help pay some bills . unfortunately it wont be alot because i work so much

I'm guessing everybody. :o

When I was in the Army I got robbed. Some of the stuff stolen from me was Army property and I was expected to pay for it. As a result, the Army confiscates my refund every year to pay off a debt I acquired because I was dumb enough to trust my best friend. As a result, tax time makes me cringe.

Got the Taxcut software, sucks it costs like $40.00 to file but you get a direct deposit in like under a month.

I need more deductions. :down

I do my taxes through out the year. I live on commission. I make a good living, so I do my taxes every quarter so I can keep my income in my pocket and give the government what's theirs. I also make several charitable donations so that I can deduct as much as I can.

Don't you have to make some sizable charitable donations for them to accept it?

If we had a Fairtax system, we wouldn't have to file taxes anymore!

No any size charitable donation can be claimed, but if you expect it to make a difference in your tax return it probably needs to be sizable overall.

That's what I meant, I talked to my former tax guy but I forgot what amount he specified.

You guys are lucky. I had to pay the freakin man back last year! ..............And I'm still paying! But this year I didn't work as hard so I get money back. :up:

You guys are lucky. I had to pay the freakin man back last year! ..............And I'm still paying! But this year I didn't work as hard so I get money back. :up:

You didn't have any withholdings?

I worked 3 jobs last year, so on top of the regular pay withholdings on my paychecks, I also had to pay nearly $2000 extra! This is the reason I'm so on board with the Fairtax. Read my thread in my sig to learn more.

I still owe the robber's 1,500 from last year. No doubt I owe the same amount this year.

How the hell do you expect someone make 28,000 a year to pay back that much ****ing money because I didn't pay enough during the year? If I couldn't pay enough during the year, when you took it out of my "check," how the **** do you expect me to pay it back now?! :cmad:

I still owe the robber's 1,500 from last year. No doubt I owe the same amount this year.

How the hell do you expect someone make 28,000 a year to pay back that much ****ing money because I didn't pay enough during the year? If I couldn't pay enough during the year, when you took it out of my "check," how the **** do you expect me to pay it back now?! :cmad:
Just imaging never needing to file your taxes again. Imagine having 100% of your paycheck! With the Fairtax that would be possible because you would only pay your taxes when you decided to buy something. Not before, not after. No Filing! No Audits! Just a simple tax that anyone can understand.

That's seems nice an all, until I go buy a 50 cent candy bar for 3.75. Then I'm back at square one.

That's seems nice an all, until I go buy a 50 cent candy bar for 3.75. Then I'm back at square one.
A fifty cent candy bar would still cost you fifty cents. If you remove all the embedded taxes on that candy bar, and apply the tax at the end sale, the candy bar costs about/at the same it previously cost before the Fairtax was emplimented. Read about it on my thread.

I've been keeping my receipts from all purchases I've made during the year. Because we don't have an income tax here in TN (yet), I've been saving my receipts. It's a good thing, too. Because I bought my laptop and a bunch of furniture, this year, my actual sales taxes paid is already exceeding the standard amount that I could have deducted based upon my income. And, I've still got a few receipts to add up. :woot:

Getting a refund is nice but also irritates me. Why? The government isn't giving me money. They're giving me back MY money, because they took too much of it in the first place. And, while it was in the government coffers, MY money earned a whopping 0% interest for me. If I had invested it in a money market fund, I could have at least earned SOMETHING. :cmad:

I'll do my own taxes by hand--no spending money on software, and no paying someone else to do it. It's one of the benefits that comes with being an accountant. :cwink:

I've been keeping my receipts from all purchases I've made during the year. Because we don't have an income tax here in TN (yet), I've been saving my receipts. It's a good thing, too. Because I bought my laptop and a bunch of furniture, this year, my actual sales taxes paid is already exceeding the standard amount that I could have deducted based upon my income. And, I've still got a few receipts to add up. :woot:

Getting a refund is nice but also irritates me. Why? The government isn't giving me money. They're giving me back MY money, because they took too much of it in the first place. And, while it was in the government coffers, MY money earned a whopping 0% interest for me. If I had invested it in a money market fund, I could have at least earned SOMETHING. :cmad:

I'll do my own taxes by hand--no spending money on software, and no paying someone else to do it. It's one of the benefits that comes with being an accountant. :cwink:
Congradulations. I wish I could do my own taxes. That is the very reason I support the Fairtax. I would never need to file again and possibly make a mistake that could lead to an audit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"