First Avenger Why are guys shocked when I say this film was MUCH better than TDK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comics are supposed to be both fun and profound forms of art. Tdk was trying to be a regular film but it failed in that respect becuase it just tried to copy both Heat and Point Break, the latter films being much better.

I found TDK frequently fun and occasionally profound. Next?

I found TDK frequently fun and occasionally profound. Next?
Allways found it entertaining too, if anybody says TDK is not profound then they're idiots

Ha, that's you. I did not learn anything new from Tdk, sorry. Those that found it profound, ought to watch a lot more movies.

Ha, that's you. I did not learn anything new from Tdk, sorry. Those that found it profound, ought to watch a lot more movies.
I do, have you ever seen a movie by Manoel de Oliveira? The oldest film Director?
Well i do, and you should watch more movies for thinking captain america was better.

I prefer BB to TDK because its all about Bruce Wayne and who he became.

Last edited:
Interesting to watch the fanboys on both sides duke it out.

Ahh..i see that one of Hype NR 1 rule has been broken:

'Never, EVER say that you don't like TDK!'

Ps.I think TDK is a piece of crap ( relax..personal opinion only guys!)

While I like TDK, I think without Heath Ledger's Joker, the movie would've been no better than BB, and I never thought BB was an amazing film; it just looked so good given that the previous Batman movie was Batman & Robin. I'm not going to say that Capt. America is a better movie than TDK, but after seeing Cap twice I think I can enjoy rewatching Cap more than TDK, which with its gloomy and dark atmosphere does not make for good repeated viewing.

And I hope fanboys will stop make it a sacrilege whenever anyone dare to suggest another superhero is better than TDK. This has NEVER happen back when X2 and Spider-man 2 were perceived as the best superhero movies ever made, and the amount of hero-worshipping for TDK is beginning to get tiresome.

Last edited:
Cap's a very VERY enjoyable film. Having seen it twice, I can tell it's one of those movies that you could watch a hundred times and still want to see it again.

But it's missing something. A certain level of depth and emotional impact that pushes it over that hump from good movie to great movie. A movie that you not only love watching, but will be forever remembered as a piece of great cinema.

I think TDK does that. Partially because of Ledger's performance. And that's not really an insult to TDK, cause, if you took Daniel Day Louis out of There Will Be Blood, would it be any good? Or what if you took De Niro out of Taxi Driver, or George C. Scott out of Patton? Actors make certain movies. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But the real key heat makes The Dark Knight more praised then other superhero movies is...it's a movie in and of itself. It's not a superhero movie. It's a gritty, crime drama that happens to involve comic book characters. You could take Batman, Joker, Two-Face, etc. out of it, and as long as you have those archetypical characters and that plot, and that stunning performance by Ledger, it would be a great film.

Captain America, however, is about Cap. If you took him out of it, you wouldn't have a movie. At least, not a compelling one. And there's nothing wrong with that either; I love that Captain America is such a wonderful testament to the character. It's great. I have no complaints.

But to say it's better than TDK is just highly inaccurate in my opinion. And that's not as a Batman fan, or a comic book fan, that's purely as a lover of films.

I think that TDK was until now the best superhero movie but i don't think it's the best movie ever made, lol, not even the best movie of 2008, when people say it should have won best picture oscar i say whaaa?
But the people that dislike TDK are easily becoming as annoying and single minded as those that work ship it.:whatever:

I think that TDK was until now the best superhero movie but i don't think it's the best movie ever made, lol, not even the best movie of 2008, when people say it should have won best picture oscar i say whaaa?
But the people that dislike TDK are easily becoming as annoying and single minded as those that work ship it.:whatever:

I don't dislike TDK; in fact, I'd put it in my top 5 greatest superhero movies ever made. But anytime people start proclaiming it as the best or mention it in threads that have nothing to do with Batman, then it has gotten out of control. It's call a "backlash", and I can't say that TDK doesn't deserve it, with the kind of fanaticism behind the movie.

I love TDK. It's a fantastic film. I just hate it when everyone considers it to be the greatest thing on the Earth.

You can't compare Cap or basically any other of the previous superhero movies made (with the exception of maybe Spawn) because none of them contain dark characters. Batman is a dark superhero and the whole gritty aspect works for the movie.

All of the Marvel movies, imo, are just as great at the Batman films. Spider-Man 2 is STILL one of my favorite movies ever. If anything, Cap should be compared to the Spidey and Iron Man series, since that's the feel of the movies that they were trying to replicate.

I love TDK. It's a fantastic film. I just hate it when everyone considers it to be the greatest thing on the Earth.

You can't compare Cap or basically any other of the previous superhero movies made (with the exception of maybe Spawn) because none of them contain dark characters. Batman is a dark superhero and the whole gritty aspect works for the movie.

All of the Marvel movies, imo, are just as great at the Batman films. Spider-Man 2 is STILL one of my favorite movies ever. If anything, Cap should be compared to the Spidey and Iron Man series, since that's the feel of the movies that they were trying to replicate.
Agree, but i don't consider it the best thing in the world, as a movie i think its the best one based on a comic book, but spider-man 2, x-men 2 and first class are in my opinion very close.

You can compare the two films and say, how well is the film in and of itself.

TDK tries to be a gritty crime drama but guys, go watch Heat or Point Break and see how crime dramas are REALLY done. Nothing is overlong or drawn out, all to the point with the characters being characters.
As a film, TDK is just far too preachy and it gives fanboys ammunition to write essays about how "deep" the film is.

Cap is a simple story...so is Rocky...but it's done very well. ALL the characters fit in nicely, even the ones that have a short amount of screen time. The lead character is great, the transformation from this weak man to a strong hero is great and the ending that solidifies the heart and personality of the hero just ties everything together nicely.

Captain America is better because it presents the concept of Captain America and what that character is about much better than how TDK represents Batman.

Please, Nolanites, don't give me another large essay about TDK and its commentary on society...if I want a film that is a great commentary on society or about humanity, I'll watch Shawshank or Scarface....NOT TDK

You can compare the two films and say, how well is the film in and of itself.

TDK tries to be a gritty crime drama but guys, go watch Heat or Point Break and see how crime dramas are REALLY done. Nothing is overlong or drawn out, all to the point with the characters being characters.
As a film, TDK is just far too preachy and it gives fanboys ammunition to write essays about how "deep" the film is.

Cap is a simple story...so is Rocky...but it's done very well. ALL the characters fit in nicely, even the ones that have a short amount of screen time. The lead character is great, the transformation from this weak man to a strong hero is great and the ending that solidifies the heart and personality of the hero just ties everything together nicely.

Captain America is better because it presents the concept of Captain America and what that character is about much better than how TDK represents Batman.

Please, Nolanites, don't give me another large essay about TDK and its commentary on society...if I want a film that is a great commentary on society or about humanity, I'll watch Shawshank or Scarface....NOT TDK
it seems as though you're more concerned with the ideologies behind the films than their actual quality.

Because it's about balet?:whatever:
Um, no. Because it wasn't that good.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it was well made and got it's point across...but I have no interest in ever seeing it again.

On the other hand, I found Inception to not only be well made, but also have a ton of depth to it that not only speaks to it's quality, but also makes it easy to rewatch multiple times.

Cap's a very VERY enjoyable film. Having seen it twice, I can tell it's one of those movies that you could watch a hundred times and still want to see it again.

But it's missing something. A certain level of depth and emotional impact that pushes it over that hump from good movie to great movie. A movie that you not only love watching, but will be forever remembered as a piece of great cinema.

I think TDK does that. Partially because of Ledger's performance. And that's not really an insult to TDK, cause, if you took Daniel Day Louis out of There Will Be Blood, would it be any good? Or what if you took De Niro out of Taxi Driver, or George C. Scott out of Patton? Actors make certain movies. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But the real key heat makes The Dark Knight more praised then other superhero movies is...it's a movie in and of itself. It's not a superhero movie. It's a gritty, crime drama that happens to involve comic book characters. You could take Batman, Joker, Two-Face, etc. out of it, and as long as you have those archetypical characters and that plot, and that stunning performance by Ledger, it would be a great film.

Captain America, however, is about Cap. If you took him out of it, you wouldn't have a movie. At least, not a compelling one. And there's nothing wrong with that either; I love that Captain America is such a wonderful testament to the character. It's great. I have no complaints.

But to say it's better than TDK is just highly inaccurate in my opinion. And that's not as a Batman fan, or a comic book fan, that's purely as a lover of films.

Captain America's best chance at reaching the depth of TDK is a sequel with a man out of time theme.

One thing Cap definitely had going for it over The Dark Knight was that when Rachel Dawes died, I felt absolutely nothing. When I knew Cap and Peggy were about to be seperated, I got a bit emotional, even though I knew it was coming.

Cap is plucky and full of heart; The Dark Knight is cerebral and brooding. I'd say TDK is ultimately the better film, but there are definitely things I can get out of Cap that I can't out of The Dark Knight.

cap had one movie so yeah it's going to inbody the ch. the dark knight is a sequal.

First I must say I love weaving, He made the matrix movies he made v. He once again showed me personly that the man can act when he played the red skull but the red skull was not written the greatest. evens beats bail every time. the music was better in the dark knight. the joker was a better villain then the red skull. Now I might be bioeist but to me the villain is my fav. part of the movie aka. Mr. smith from the matrix, freddy from a nightmare on elm street. mr. potter form it's a wounderful life. norman bates from psycho. vader form star wars. the list could go on. so villain to me is one of the most important parts of the movie.

Um, no. Because it wasn't that good.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it was well made and got it's point across...but I have no interest in ever seeing it again.

On the other hand, I found Inception to not only be well made, but also have a ton of depth to it that not only speaks to it's quality, but also makes it easy to rewatch multiple times.
I won't see the tree of life again but i know it deserved the palme d'ore
Black Swan i tought had more depth and Inception was able to have depth and be entertaining but in my opinion it didn't deserve to win

Captain America's best chance at reaching the depth of TDK is a sequel with a man out of time theme.

One thing Cap definitely had going for it over The Dark Knight was that when Rachel Dawes died, I felt absolutely nothing. When I knew Cap and Peggy were about to be seperated, I got a bit emotional, even though I knew it was coming.

Cap is plucky and full of heart; The Dark Knight is cerebral and brooding. I'd say TDK is ultimately the better film, but there are definitely things I can get out of Cap that I can't out of The Dark Knight.

That's the thing though, why can't you say that a film that makes you FEEL and makes you care for the characters is actually better than one were you don't care for the characters.
Rachel dying meant nothing to me. I see myself as a guy pretty void of emotions, but I wasn't too happy when I knew Cap was not going to return and was in that plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"