The Amazing Spider-Man Why did Peter even make the costume and webbing?

The plot wasn't inexplicably dropped... His talk with Captain Stacy made him want to be a real hero and not just a vigilante hunting for Uncle Ben's killer.
His talk with George wasn't what prompted that. Him saving that boy was. George's talk made Peter decide to show George that spiderman wasn't what he thought it was.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

Oh well. I just would have liked a scene where he discovers his powers and so on. But it makes sense that he isn't really surprised he got the powers, after all he knows exactly why: cross-species genetics. Still love the movie though. :yay:

Did... Did you NOT see the film? There are indeed scenes where Peter discovers his powers (subway scene) and tests them (abandoned factory/warehouse scene). This is starting to feel like willful obtuseness on your part.

Did... Did you NOT see the film? There are indeed scenes where Peter discovers his powers (subway scene) and tests them (abandoned factory/warehouse scene). This is starting to feel like willful obtuseness on your part.
I'm just saying there's no clear moment in the movie where he realized. He just kinda gets the powers and accepts it, like it's no big deal

I don't see how that's the case. Peter had more interesting ideas around him as a character, but I don't see the characters being that complex, interesting or deep.

I'm mainly speaking of Peter and Gwen, and maybe it was just Andrew and Emma's fantastic performances but they just seemed like real people.

I'm mainly speaking of Peter and Gwen, and maybe it was just Andrew and Emma's fantastic performances but they just seemed like real people.
Peter I can see a little, but I don't see it with Gwen.

Random question regarding Gwen and Peter: did anyone cry when Gwen died in TASM 2? I didn't. I felt nothing. I was watching it and thinking, "I should be feeling something right now". But I didn't. Meanwhile, I teared up TWICE watching Spider-Man 2. Go figure. Not bashing TASM 2 though.

Random question regarding Gwen and Peter: did anyone cry when Gwen died in TASM 2? I didn't. I felt nothing. I was watching it and thinking, "I should be feeling something right now". But I didn't. Meanwhile, I teared up TWICE watching Spider-Man 2. Go figure. Not bashing TASM 2 though.

I didn't cry, but I was very moved emotionally.

Weird, I'm pretty certain I'm a psycho since I didn't feel a thing.

what sad scenes were even in spider-man 2?

No sad scenes really. I just always tear up when Peter is saving that girl from the burning building, and later when the people are all helping Spider-Man on the train and those kids bring him his mask. :loco:

Yeah, not a lot of thought was put into those movies so the less time we spend trying to make sense of them the better. But I will admit that the first one did get some things right, while the second one was embarrassing from top to bottom.
:loco:

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. The Amazing Spider-Man was a movie with a lot of heart and passion put into it, at least from Marc and the cast. It has deep, interesting, and complex characters on a much higher level than most superhero films.
:bow:

I wouldn't analyze like its a good movie. You're overthinking something that was thrown together just to make money.

Those films don't make much sense. It's for the best if you don't put any thought to them.

:up:

After all the people who made them didn't put much thought into them either. So why should we.

what sad scenes were even in spider-man 2?

Several. Including the best one out of all the Spidey movies; when Aunt May gives Peter the $20 on his Birthday, and then breaks down about how much she misses Ben.

Other memorable ones include Peter's confession to May about his role in Ben's death, and Harry drunkenly slapping and verbally abusing Peter in public.

Last edited:

Puking_Smilies_Eye_Roll.gif

I didn't. I felt nothing

That only means you have good taste. The piss poor storytelling and the vacuous 'love story' made you completely tune out.

Me either I remember thinking..."well that happened." and moving on with my life to never wanting to go back the the terrible over the top hypster-y and overrated world Marc Webb created.

I am a part of the rational majority who can see how bad these films are.

Nope. With the unsubtle foreshadowing at the beginning, the in-your-face "THIS IS EMOTIONAL!!1!" slow-mo, the terrible web-hand methaphor, the fact it was Harry doing it after Goblin was crammed at the last minute into the film, and the movie already being bad, my only thought was "Whelp, they ****ed up one of the biggest moments in comic book history. Nice one, Sony".

I thought the web hand was great. I thought the whole relationship aspect of the series was perfect leading to a very emotional climax.

Thank you. It is all there on screen and done no less in a way that makes some sense than the first Raimi film. And there are indeed scenes where he discovers his powers and they show him learning to use them. Please actually watch the film would be my advice. Is TASM 2 a mess? Yeah. Then again it could be argued they actually listened to the online fan "complaints" and fixed somethings that weren't even broken from the first film. Frankly as a long time Spider-Man fan I will take the first Webb film over the first Raimi film any day.
So as a long time time Spider-Man fan, you take the least faithful adaptation of his origin story? The one that significantly reduces Uncle Ben's role and importance, shoehorns in all that BS about Peter's scientist father and gives him him more importance than Uncle Ben? Heck, they even attributed the iconic "With great powers..." line, which is always attributed to Uncle Ben, to Richard instead; Uncle Ben was just reciting it. Not even Ultimate Spider-Man, which gave us the version of Richard Parker this movie was inspired by, made him part of Spider-Man's origin story :loco:

Mary Sue Gwen is your idea of a real person? Though admittedly, she was worse in ASM2.

He's just saying the truth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"