Why do you hate Wolveirne?

True about opinion, but i HIGHLY DOUT that Wolverine could beat Hulk...and thats about the only problem with that.

spartin2008 said:
But even you said before he is WAY OVEREXPOSED

Plus Spider-man isn't over exagerated either.
actaully spiderman is and spiderman has more titles and apearences then Logan

How can you doubt Wolverine could beat Hulk when it clearly shows in several comics that Wolverine owns Hulk, OWNS, they only reason Hulk ever gets punch in is because someone else interfers in the fight and ties Wolverine up, then Hulk is able to get his best blow in and Wolverine is still able to shake it off and fight back. How can Wolverine be over exaggerated if that was the way he was written from the beginning, if anything, Wolveirne is much weaker today then when he was first created.

I hate all the Spiderman appearances, I think they should only give him one title....

and before you respond, any statement you want to replie with about spidey is the same statement i would make back to you only for Wolverine.

I don't care if it has precident in the comics, Wolverine beating Hulk in a physical fight is just stupid. The point of the Hulk character is that he has a very small mind ruled by his emotions inside an insanely powerful body. Every time Wolvie stabs him he would just get stronger. The Hulk's greatest foil should never be someone who can beat him in a physical fight but someone who can use wits to calm him down and control his rage. That and Bruce Banner.

ampersand said:
I don't care if it has precident in the comics,
We are talking about comics here, right:confused: all characters are based off of what we see happen in comics

ampersand said:
Wolverine beating Hulk in a physical fight is just stupid. The point of the Hulk character is that he has a very small mind ruled by his emotions inside an insanely powerful body. Every time Wolvie stabs him he would just get stronger. The Hulk's greatest foil should never be someone who can beat him in a physical fight but someone who can use wits to calm him down and control his rage. That and Bruce Banner.

If Hulk cant hit Wolveirne then Hulk doesn't have a chance and the times that Hulk has used all his strength, Wolverine's beserker rage overcomes it and thats when Wolverine murders hulk.

half.jpg

foxx5 said:
We are talking about comics here, right:confused: all characters are based off of what we see happen in comics
And comic writers contradict themselves all the time. I know it might come as a surprise but comic books are not infalible:eek:

If Hulk cant hit Wolveirne then Hulk doesn't have a chance and the times that Hulk has used all his strength, Wolverine's beserker rage overcomes it and thats when Wolverine murders hulk.
So when Hulk smashes the ground after missing Wolverine (who is apparently very fast even though he has a metal skeleton:rolleyes:) and the ground breaks apart, that is when Hulk grabs wolvie and rips in half. No matter how long it takes for Hulk to win he we always beat him because he just keeps getting stronger and he regenerates anything wolvie manages to cut.

Varient said:
With all the "clawing going on,..." did you notice how cut up the Hulk didn't get?"

Ever hear of the good ol comics code?

Varient said:
Someone who in his current run is definetly surviving where logan could not.

According to you. Wolverine survived Brood world not much difference.

Varient said:
I'm not a Hulk fan,.... but c'mon,.... Logan vs Banner?
I'm keeping this to the original fight as much as possible because later he gets owned after trying to rip the heart out of the Hulk in his grey form.

If you mean the Mcfarlane fight. I'd say it was pretty even.

wolverine8888 said:
actaully spiderman is and spiderman has more titles and apearences then Logan

Spidey the flagship, I can never understand how the flagship can be over exposed.

Thats like saying Mickey Mouse is over exposed in Disney world:o

ampersand said:
And comic writers contradict themselves all the time. I know it might come as a surprise but comic books are not infalible:eek:

So when Hulk smashes the ground after missing Wolverine (who is apparently very fist even though he has a metal skeleton:rolleyes:) and the ground breaks apart, that is when Hulk grabs wolvie and rips in half. No matter how long it takes for Hulk to win he we always beat him because he just keeps getting stronger and he regenerates anything wolvie manages to cut.

The Hulk can't regenerate his head.

You never know. He couldn't spontaneously grow lungs until PAD's last arc, either. He seems to randomly develop new powers on the fly, pre-Crisis Superman-style.

ampersand said:

Man come on. When canon agress with your argument, you dismiss anyone that disagrees with it for speculation and place it where it belongs; the vertiable bottom line. But when you don't like it, it's 'I don't care if it's canon?' Kinda subjective don't you think?:o

Wolverine vs Hulk doesnt work. Hulk could just clap at him and knock him out. Then throw his unconscious body into orbit.
And even if Hulk doesnt use any kind of tactics like that (what with him being stupid and all) He still has every advantage. Wolverine is simply not capable of beating him anymore. Both characters have evolved from their starting point to become significantly more powerful and the distance between the two have grown.
Hulk can regenerate from having half a body, he can adapt to breathe in space he can survive just about anything and if he isnt strong enough at first to destroy something his very failure at an attempt would frustrate him till he's strong enough to succeed at a second attempt.

Wolverine can survive unbelievable ammounts of damage but he hasnt grown in offensive abilities. He just would not be able to win.

Now, sure. At their origins? Not so much. But I didn't get into this to debate the virtues of Logan taking on Hulk, it was to get rid of this selective validity of canon for one's own personal use. I don't know how many nubs have popped in saying what's canon doesn't matter because they don't like it and they get buried, so I don't think it's cool for someone else to do it just because.

Until they rule it out, it's canon. Liking it or not means little, Hell if I just put a VOID on whatever canon I didn't like then Juggernaut would probably never lose and Batman and Robin wouldn't have beat AMAZO, even a limited one.

Batman and Nightwing the Crippled Wonder shouldn't have beaten Amazo, but that's a whole other can of worms that involves Judd Winick being a *****e and stuff. :)

TheCorpulent1 said:
Batman and Nightwing the Crippled Wonder shouldn't have beaten Amazo, but that's a whole other can of worms that involves Judd Winick being a *****e and stuff. :)

That was kinda ******ed with Amazo.

Heh, and it's still canon, which is my point. I DESPISE that fight, it does NOT work, but still it's canon which supercedes my dislike.

Some things are written off as being out of continuity if they're very clearly ridiculous based on what's already been established for the characters, though. Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom and Thanos in canon, but I doubt anyone really considers that a serious part of the Marvel history. Same with some of the bits in Deadpool or the Punisher/Wolverine stuff that broke down into basically a pissing match between Ennis and whomever was writing Wolverine at the time (can't remember now). It's technically in continuity, but it's kind of nebulous whether it really is or isn't because of how silly it is.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Some things are written off as being out of continuity if they're very clearly ridiculous based on what's already been established for the characters, though. Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom and Thanos in canon, but I doubt anyone really considers that a serious part of the Marvel history. Same with some of the bits in Deadpool or the Punisher/Wolverine stuff that broke down into basically a pissing match between Ennis and whomever was writing Wolverine at the time (can't remember now). It's technically in continuity, but it's kind of nebulous whether it really is or isn't because of how silly it is.
*GASP*
BITE YOUR TONGUE !!!!

You take that back.

Varient said:
*GASP*
BITE YOUR TONGUE !!!!

You take that back.
All right, most of us don't take them as seriously being in continuity, except for the fanatics who constantly pine away for Squirrel Girl's nonexistant affections.

Better? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"