Why does Peter work at the Bugle?

If you want to make a crazy connection...

Origin Movie -> Superman The Movie -> Spider-Man -> Batman Begins
Hero has doubts about his mission/Loses powers -> Superman II -> Spider-Man 2 -> The Dark Knight
Hero faces an evil version of themselves -> Superman III -> Spider-Man 3 -> The Dark Knight Rises

Yah...while Raimi's trilogy would never be as great as the TDK trilogy, imo, Spider-Man 3 could've made the trilogy really solid if it was Raimi's original idea.

Now I appreciate the reboot even more. SM4 probably would have been the Batman & Robin of the franchise. Well... maybe not THAT bad.

Nothing could ever be that bad, but it would have only gotten worse if Raimi just let Sony pull his strings some more for a fourth installment as Sony was definitely NOT going to let Raimi have it his way...

and people wonder why I worry about Webb's series...

Wonder what would happen if Batman had a fourth movie in Nolan's series

Ehh, I don't know. Nolan may have had no energy to make such an enjoyable fourth film when he only intended a trilogy.

To be fair to Jameson, he did go out of his way to protect his identity. And he does pay Peter regularly. So, he's really not that bad of a boss.

Yah...while Raimi's trilogy would never be as great as the TDK trilogy, imo, Spider-Man 3 could've made the trilogy really solid if it was Raimi's original idea.

I'm confident that if Sony let Raimi do what he wanted, then we would have gotten a solid trilogy (at the very least).

Ehh, I don't know. Nolan may have had no energy to make such an enjoyable fourth film when he only intended a trilogy.

I feel like he lost a lot of energy for TDKR.

To be fair to Jameson, he did go out of his way to protect his identity. And he does pay Peter regularly. So, he's really not that bad of a boss.

That's actually pretty true. "This stuff comes in the mail!" He obviously does care for Peter... he's just a little nuts.

I'm confident that if Sony let Raimi do what he wanted, then we would have gotten a solid trilogy (at the very least).

Solid? Yes, I agree to that, but I don't think the trilogy would have been great as I even view BB to be better than Spider-Man 1 and TDK to be better than Spider-Man 2. Nonetheless, the "curse" or what have you would've been halted with Spider-Man 3 if we had Raimi's original intent and the first solid CBM trilogy, two things Nolan wouldn't have accomplished first if Raimi succeeded.

I feel like he lost a lot of energy for TDKR.

Minority way of thought, imo. Nolan just went with a different way of not telling Gotham's side of things as seen in TDK(and only barely in BB) when he relied more on the scope and only the main characters. Wouldn't consider that losing energy to do the threequel though.

Solid? Yes, I agree to that, but I don't think the trilogy would have been great as I even view BB to be better than Spider-Man 1 and TDK to be better than Spider-Man 2. Nonetheless, the "curse" or what have you would've been halted with Spider-Man 3 if we had Raimi's original intent and the first solid CBM trilogy, two things Nolan wouldn't have accomplished first if Raimi succeeded.

I still think SM1>BB, and SM2>TDK (very close though), so for me it would have been as great of a deal.

It would have definitely been the first CBM trilogy I would own if Spider-Man 3 went by Raimi's original idea(even though if the retcon stayed, I would still have problems with that but not enough problems that I wouldn't have owned S-M 3), but now The Dark Knight Trilogy is the only CBM trilogy I own; I just own a lot of other duologies, lol.

Can it be named "duology" if a third film from the same author is released? Just a thought.

By saying duology, it means that I own the first two films.

They specifically pointed out that it was inspired by The Amazing Spider-Man #50 in several interviews on the DVD. The most obvious proof is that they take the same exact shot of Peter walking away from the costume in the garbage pan. Also, the title of that comic is called "Spider-Man No More," which is a line Peter says a couple of times in the movie.

spidermantop.jpg

Now THAT is not a coincidence.
Throwing the costume and the line "Spider-Man no more" was taken from that issue, the issue doesn't have the hero losing his powers
Regardless of the issue it adapts, taking notes from another superhero series is in the face

Throwing the costume and the line "Spider-Man no more" was taken from that issue, the issue doesn't have the hero losing his powers

No, it has Peter quitting. Raimi incorporated the power loss angle into it as the reason he quits. But it's basically the same thing. Peter quitting being Spider-Man. He also took the Jonah stuff with buying the costume found in the garbage and displaying it on his wall from ASM #50;

Spideynomore3.jpg

Spideynomore4.jpg

Regardless of the issue it adapts, taking notes from another superhero series is in the face

What do you mean in the face? Unless you're a die hard Spidey fan, you won't get the references. And fans love it when there's blatant inspirations from the comics like this.

No, it has Peter quitting. Raimi incorporated the power loss angle into it as the reason he quits. But it's basically the same thing. Peter quitting being Spider-Man. He also took the Jonah stuff with buying the costume found in the garbage and displaying it on his wall from ASM #50;
Spideynomore3.jpg
I did say that
Frederick Looks a lot like Harry Osborn in this panel
What do you mean in the face? Unless you're a die hard Spidey fan, you won't get the references. And fans love it when there's blatant inspirations from the comics like this.
Taking notes from Superman 2 and making the main guy lose his power in the second film

Superman didn't lose his powers. He gave them up willingly.
:up: I think the fact that both Spider-Man and Superman become ordinary humans in their second films is just a coincidence. What don't people get... Spider-Man 2 was inspired by Amazing Spider-Man #50?

Peter doesn't have time for a job but what if he could get paid somehow for his time he spends as Spider-man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"