Sequels Why i dont think there will be another spidey, and why carnage wouldnt be in it

I'll just point out to the OP

1) The marriage angle is NOT resolved. There is a dangling plot thread.

2) How much does Aunt May know? Another one.

3) The Lizard one of the A-listers (better than Sandman and Venom at least) has not been adapted and he defines sympathetic villain who is close to pete because outside of Norman Osborn (who is not sympathetic) he is the ONLY one to fit that criteria in the comics.

As for why there will be a sequel. Go to boxofficemojo.

And as for Carnage. I hate him. I know if Raimi and co. are back for one more he won't be in it but I think either way Carnage will be avoided in SM4. It would look redundant after Venom in 3 (like having Harry go Goblin or have Hobby show up in SM2) and that way if there is a new cast in SM5 or it is a newer cast still from SM4, Carnage will build hype for a desperately seeking SM5.

Because these movies will be going downhill in B.O. after 3 and if Raimi is gone, probably in quality as well.

NO SEQUEL REASONS:
-The trilogy is about peter becoming a man and the third one rally finnished it. it tied up the loose ends.
-No more story archs
-No more villains that represent a foil or have emotional significance to peter

Connors, piece of symbiot left behind, sandman is still around. Sound like there a few good story archs left and where they can stem off of each other.

NO CARNAGE REASONS:
-No emotional significance to peter
-NO humanity
-Studio, filmmakers, audience, and critics might feel hes a rehash of venom (which he is)

You do realise that these movies make the stories their own. They could easily somehow give carnage some sort of emotional significance and who cares if people think he's a rehash? Carnage is a different character altogether and could be a more pleasing villain than what venom was.

NO SEQUEL REASONS:
-The trilogy is about peter becoming a man and the third one rally finnished it. it tied up the loose ends.
-No more story archs
-No more villains that represent a foil or have emotional significance to peter

NO CARNAGE REASONS:
-No emotional significance to peter
-NO humanity
-Studio, filmmakers, audience, and critics might feel hes a rehash of venom (which he is)

To answer the first, its quite obvious now that after the huge success at the box office of Spidey 3, there's bound to be another sequel.

Now about Carnage. Did Sandman had any emotional significane to Peter? No. His story was heavily build up just because he was Raimi's and Tobey's favorite villain and that's why he was in it. No humanity. Carnage had a bad childhood, his parents murdered then being sent off to an institution where he was tortured by bullies and other people. That in my mind is mentally unstable person who is a victim of society he lived in.

Carnage is like another Venom but more insane so I agree his appearance in 4 is debatable.

To answer the first, its quite obvious now that after the huge success at the box office of Spidey 3, there's bound to be another sequel.

Now about Carnage. Did Sandman had any emotional significane to Peter? No. His story was heavily build up just because he was Raimi's and Tobey's favorite villain and that's why he was in it. No humanity. Carnage had a bad childhood, his parents murdered then being sent off to an institution where he was tortured by bullies and other people. That in my mind is mentally unstable person who is a victim of society he lived in.

Carnage is like another Venom but more insane so I agree his appearance in 4 is debatable.

Sandman not being emotionally significant to Peter? Did you even watch the movie? Sure, Raimi and Maguire pushed for him to be in this movie, but his plot device was that he was responsible for Uncle Ben's death. There's your emotional significance right there. Peter finds out the real killer is still loose, and swears revenge. The revenge and later forgiveness motifs are completely human.

I don't get it.

the venom fans BEGGED for venom and then moaned about his treatment in SM3 (personally I thought sam did a decent job seeing how one dimensional venom is)

now they are begging for carnage.

I don't get it.:huh:

Truth be told, the symbiote has already been introduced and Peter would not have to wearit for the duration of the movie. And Kassidy being a straight up killer does not need to be built up like Brock should have been. Its a shame Carnage could get a lot more respect than Venom.

Sandman not being emotionally significant to Peter? Did you even watch the movie? Sure, Raimi and Maguire pushed for him to be in this movie, but his plot device was that he was responsible for Uncle Ben's death. There's your emotional significance right there. Peter finds out the real killer is still loose, and swears revenge. The revenge and later forgiveness motifs are completely human.

That is exactly what I'm saying, his story was cooked up to make him significant to Peter. I should have stated that I was referring to his comic version that he didn't any relation to Peter like the ones Gobby or Ock had or even Venom. But in the movie the only way they saw fit to make Sandman personal to Peter was to make him Uncle Ben's killer according to the theme of the movie.

What's wrong in wanting to see one's favorite villain in a movie, everybody wants their favorite to appear and if Carnage fans want him there's nothing wrong in that although it would be too quick. Besides either its the decision of the movie makers or the majority of who should be in the next. Personally I think they should just have Lizard.

AIRWOLF, the earliest of the earliest Dr. Octopus stories indicated that he had no direct relationship with Peter, other than the fact Otto was a brilliant scientist. The only relationship he had with Peter that I can recall off the top of my head was his attempt to marry Aunt May and the arc where he works with Peter to cure him of some disease implemented by the Jackal during the clone saga. The Ock/Spidey collaboration happened just right before Ock's death at the hands of Kaine.

AIRWOLF, the earliest of the earliest Dr. Octopus stories indicated that he had no direct relationship with Peter, other than the fact Otto was a brilliant scientist. The only relationship he had with Peter that I can recall off the top of my head was his attempt to marry Aunt May and the arc where he works with Peter to cure him of some disease implemented by the Jackal during the clone saga. The Ock/Spidey collaboration happened just right before Ock's death at the hands of Kaine.

Well I haven't read Spidey comics that far back but the only point I am trying to make is that if Sandman could be linked to Peter in some manner for movie's sake, I mean made personal to him, then any other villain could easily be given a story where he/she is somehow tied to Peter even villains like Carnage. That's all, because the original poster said that Carnage has no significane to Peter. Who among us knew that Sandman had any significance to Peter until we saw the trailers hinting that Flint possibly killed Uncle Ben.

Carnage will never be done.

4 is an inevidatbility, weather or not the cast and crew return remains to be seen. I think they will, but I just hope we don't have to wait a long time for 4.

Carnage wouldn't be in 4, if they did him. My issues w/ carnage is that I always felt he was a villian created for Venom, not for Spidey. So I really think to do a "good" carnage movie, you'd have to have Venom in it.

the other issue I have is people want the gorey carnage. You'll never get that in a super hero movie. He'd be so washed down to get that pg-13 rating you'd hate the movie. So no carnage.

Lizard, kraven, mysterio, vulture, chameon, so many to choose from so there is no need for him.

I would love to see 4 show the Dark side of JJ. Remeber he was responsible for some of the spidey villians, Scorpiion for one. Remeber his intent isn't to be murderous, it's do defame Spidey and rid the city of what he sees as a menance. Lets explore that in a movie and not just have him as comic fodder.

SM3: 880M and counting. Is the thread started serious about whether there will be a SM4? :confused:

SM3: 880M and counting. Is the thread started serious about whether there will be a SM4? :confused:

But it's pretty obvious that only the thread starter thinks that there won't be one. It's not like there is any debate here. Everyone else seems to know the fact that there will be a Spider-Man 4.

Carnage wouldn't be in 4, if they did him. My issues w/ carnage is that I always felt he was a villian created for Venom, not for Spidey.
Well yea, the only reason why he was created was to do more stuff with Venom.

There are plenty of stories left to tell in a Spidey sequal. there's, Electro, theres Peter & MJ getting Married, theres all these different types of Storylines that could be used. As for Carnage, I don't think he would work either. But other Villians can have the sympthetic side. Take Electro for example, and this idea came from somebody on this board (not me). Maybe Electro could be sympathetic and Peter can tell him to do the right thing. the Possibilities are endless.

There are plenty of stories left to tell in a Spidey sequal. there's, Electro, theres Peter & MJ getting Married, theres all these different types of Storylines that could be used. As for Carnage, I don't think he would work either. But other Villians can have the sympthetic side. Take Electro for example, and this idea came from somebody on this board (not me). Maybe Electro could be sympathetic and Peter can tell him to do the right thing. the Possibilities are endless.

Yeah, I would really like Electro to be in there. But isn't he a small time crook as well, like Sandman? Anyways, he would do fine as a secondary villain.

I would really like Peter and MJ to get married and not have more love interests popping up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"