Why is Captain Metropolis not in the movie?

Superman_

Civilian
Reaction score
Is he not in the movie because he is to much like Captain America.

No one has said that he wont be in the film.

^Actually he was instrumental in creating the first minute men, without which our heros would never know each other.

He is in it - somewhere in the background just after the team photo gets taken at The Watchmen HQ back in the good old days.

I think Hollis Mason even mentions his name once, during his cosy chat with Dan near the start.

Don't expect to hear what Cap Metropolis has to say, though; he's got no lines.
Veidt himself convenes and chairs the later meeting of The New Watchmen; it's his map The Comedian sets alight.

It's just easier is all. Saves money by not having to hire another guy for a speaking part; movie producers are clever like that. That's why they're rich and we're not - by knowing best.

Sorry if this is all same-old same-old.

He is in it - somewhere in the background just after the team photo gets taken at The Watchmen HQ back in the good old days.

I think Hollis Mason even mentions his name once, during his cosy chat with Dan near the start.

Don't expect to hear what Cap Metropolis has to say, though; he's got no lines.
Veidt himself convenes and chairs the later meeting of The New Watchmen; it's his map The Comedian sets alight.

It's just easier is all. Saves money by not having to hire another guy for a speaking part; movie producers are clever like that. That's why they're rich and we're not - by knowing best.

Sorry if this is all same-old same-old.

Obviously not. I would do it for $30 and lunch.

$30?

Hey, some of the lead actors announced for this can only be pullin' in a hundred bucks tops!

And bringing a packed lunch on set each day. :cwink:

$30?

Hey, some of the lead actors announced for this can only be pullin' in a hundred bucks tops!

And bringing a packed lunch on set each day. :cwink:

???? What?

Its not like this is an indie movie, made in the 60's. Of course they are making enough money. Not millions upon millions, like Law or Reeves would want, but its not like we will hear anyone saying they need to bum a buck up in Vancouver.

I think, if I remember correctly, that Metropolis is being left out, and Nite-Owl is filling in everything he does; i.e. forming the Minutemen together and making the chart that the Comedian burns.

Oops... my bad.

<sarcasm> Hey, some of the lead actors announced for this can only be pullin' in a hundred bucks tops!

And bringing a packed lunch on set each day. </sarcasm>

I know it's difficult to get across with written English - hopefully, that's any confusion cleared up.

And it's Ozy who calls the meeting of The New Watchmen.

I somewhat hope Snyder changes that, though really I could care less if Metropolis speaks.

Now Dollar Bill should have 20 minutes of solid speaking time and his own level in the Watchmen Video Game.

"Why is Captain Metropolis not in the movie?"

Gerard Butler???

There seems to be only one unconfirmed cast member in this pic of important characters.

watchmennnnswr4.jpg

We know that Gerard was going to be in this movie since day one and have yet to know his role. Although we now know it's not as major a character as we thought ie Doc, Owl, Rorsh.

Or Gerard could be Hooded Justice lol

"Why is Captain Metropolis not in the movie?"

Gerard Butler???

There seems to be only one unconfirmed cast member in this pic of characters of importance.

We know that Gerard was going to be in this movie since day one and have yet to know his role. Although we now know it's not as major a character as we thought ie Doc, Owl, Rorsh.

Or Gerard could be Hooded Justice lol

I can't see Gerard as Captain Metropolis. Hooded Justice wouldn't have much of a point. I can see him as Doug Roth more easily, and even that's a stretch. The only person who I would willingly cast him as is the Black Freighter guy, but I doubt they'll film that.

I can't see Gerard as Captain Metropolis. Hooded Justice wouldn't have much of a point. I can see him as Doug Roth more easily, and even that's a stretch. The only person who I would willingly cast him as is the Black Freighter guy, but I doubt they'll film that.
Yeh I agree but stranger things have happened we don't know for sure what Zak has plained but maybe Gerard being in the movie is just a cameo or something very simple.

I say that cuz the way it appears is that Zak just wanted to throw Gerard somewhere in this movie just as compliment for 300's success.

Sort of like a Tarentino type casting just to bring in the same actor twice.

Same could be said if Carla Gugino is cast as Sally Jupiter in the sense that she was in Sin City. The previous Frank Miller film that was such a sucess that I'm sure was a reason why 300 was even accepted as a film in the first place by a movie studio. I bet it's some producer or something.

Theres kind of that feeling that someone behind the scenes is recommending actors/actreses for Zak.

Maybe its just me lol :hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"