First Avenger What is your favorite bits from the movie?

Just about any time Weaving & Jones were playing off each other.

Every scene with Tommy lee Jones.

All the pre-serum scene with Steve.

the scene with Erskine and Steve.

The dialogue between Peggy and Steve after Bucky death.

The final and sad part, with Steve on the plane.

Every scene with the beautiful Peggy Carter.

The Original Human Torch appearance was pretty cool. Also, the look on Steves face as he sees everybody in the theaters reaction to the film with him in the USO suit was money.
It was a good contrast to the earlier theater scene, where the crowd was distraught and worried over the WW2 reels.
He saw he was making a difference at least in that regard.

I actually thought the sequence with him being paraded around in those USO shows was extremely well done and funny. Liked how it looked so colourful in contrast to the rest of the film as well. Also liked the scene with Steve talking to Peggy on the jet for the final time, definitely the strongest moment emotionally of the film.

The whole final battle stemming from the bike chase to the skies! THAT to me showed that Steve was more than just a soldier. I wish the Blu-ray was out so I can watch it again.

The Original Human Torch appearance was pretty cool. Also, the look on Steves face as he sees everybody in the theaters reaction to the film with him in the USO suit was money.
It was a good contrast to the earlier theater scene, where the crowd was distraught and worried over the WW2 reels.
He saw he was making a difference at least in that regard.

This is an excellent point. The guy who does superhero rewind on youtube made the counter-arguement against the criticism that some have legitimately made about Cap not having an arc. His arguement was that there is an arc in the film, but it belongs to the world around Cap and how they change because of his existence. He basically changes the world for the better.

most of mine have already been said
but i loved
the opening scene with weaving :D
cap and red skull's first meeting

I also liked the part when Steve got the Flag that was pretty funny.

Tommy Lee interrogating the baldy scientist while eating the meal he brought him.

I liked all of the above but here are two more :
Tommy Lee Jones "Let"s go find two more heads "!
And the Red Skull to Zola: Not one Scratch Doctor!"

Small visual I liked was at the end of the USO montage, where Steve is holding up the bike and three girls, I noticed that the star behind him is surrounded by a blue backround, and that is encircled with red, which is in turn encircled with white, and then red.
(basically subliminally foreshadowing his round shield design)

Skinny Steve jumping on the grenade

Skinny Steve getting the flag

CA's first meeting with The Red Skull

The final scene's between Cap and Peggy.

Oh yeah, towards the end of their first meeting (Cap and Skull) the poses struck by each of them right after Caps kick from the ground and Zola pushes the button to retract the bridge, was absolute money.
It was quick, but very iconic. I wish I had a High Res screen cap of that Cap vs Skull pose.

So many, the whole movie!, but on top of my head:

-Skinny Steve training with the Army
-Howard Stark
-The chase in NY
-Cap bringing back the prisioners
-Cap fighting the HYDRA comandos
-Red Skull killing Nazy officers

Also,, I like the strength level they did for Cap,, I think it was perfect, a lot stronger than the peek human, but less than, for example, Spider-Man,, I mean, when he was chasing the guy that killed Erskine, when he's approaching the fence, I thought he was going right through it, instead he jumped it!, that was so cool,, also how he grabbed the Hydra commandos and threw them outside the plane, awesome,, and when Bucky took the shield in the train, and got blasted with the rays,, you could see how strong Cap is because he could withstand the blast quite easily, also his jump over the fire in the Hydra factory,, so many moments,,

My fav scene is when the theme plays and Cap is leading the line up the hill with all the prisoners behind him.
And when Cap gets thrown the grenade and he shoves it in the tank then jumps off

Oh yeah, towards the end of their first meeting (Cap and Skull) the poses struck by each of them right after Caps kick from the ground and Zola pushes the button to retract the bridge, was absolute money.
It was quick, but very iconic. I wish I had a High Res screen cap of that Cap vs Skull pose.

Yeah I thought that was great too, that was the one moment in the movie that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

My favourite line in the movie, Colonel Chester Phillips: Look at that? He's making me cry.

There's a short beat in the montage with the Howling commandos where Red Skull arrives at a burned down Hydra facility in his car. The way it's set up in combination with Alan Silvestri's score at that moment just made me smile. Great moment.

Some many great moments and most of them have been mentioned. I think my favorite part of the movie was Steve's entire transformation (so awesome many he wouldn't give up) through the part where he is chasing down the Hydra agents.

Also loved his conversation with the Dr the night before the procedure. I thought that was really well done and actually kind of moving.

Hard to list them all...but just the fact that we got Cap,Bucky,Skull,HYDRA,the Howling Commandos,Stark Sr.,Zola and the Cosmic Cube all in one movie is pretty insane.

Among many others, I loved the scene that explained why he had an 'A' on his helmet. That was pretty funny and I totally didn't see that coming :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"