Why?!Is it so hard to make good games?!

The internet possesses the phenom. It's not the internet is phenom.

SouLeSS said:
The internet possesses the phenom. It's not the internet is phenom.

and possession of a noun that doesn't end in (s) is spelt <noun>'s

you lost all crediblity when you said Ultimate Spider-Man wasnt any good...and X3: The Game is alright...Nightcrawler is awesome, Ice Man is cool, even if the levels feel like they're rushing you with him, and yeah, Wolverine sucks but only cause he's already been done so many times

Matt said:
Do they explain why Nightcrawler isn't in X3 in it?

I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE 'RATNER' WOULD ONLY WORK WITH 1 QUEER, PER MOVIE (IT'S A CONTRACTUAL THING), AND 'IAN' WAS TOO IMPORTANT TO CUT, OR REPLACE. :o

THAT, OR 'HALLE BERRY'S EGO FORCED HIM OUT OF THE SCRIPT.

yeah, he didnt want to go through the make-up again. Which means he's a p**sy because all he had done was his hands, feet, and face. Look at Rebecca Rojmin, she's NAKED and painted blue for gods sake. If she can do that 3 times Mr. Son Of The Mask can do his little bit twice...whiney little b**ch :o

XwolverineX said:
Now, who was the smart fella who predicted X-men to fail. ;)
Um... anyone who isnt a blind X-fan?

A lot of the reason why there aren't many good games anymore, because it's already been done. Every game now is little more than a variation of a pre-existing game.

War Lord said:
A lot of the reason why there aren't many good games anymore, because it's already been done. Every game now is little more than a variation of a pre-existing game.
You obviously haven't played this.

product_87751.jpg

Wilhelm-Scream said:
You obviously haven't played this.

product_87751.jpg

Just because it might be an original, doesn't make it good.

I'm so sick of the sterotype all licensed games suck.

That's not the case. That's not the case at all.

Basically, even X3 was a pretty decent game. Yes it had flaws, but it was competently put together....Wolverine's fighting was basic, but it was also very satisfying. For me, anyway. What did you want? It to be street fighter? It's meant for both hardcore gamers and the more casual fan, and if you keep that in mind you'd realise too much complexity would have killed it. You had all the heroes and abiltities. Wolverine and Iceman were pretty good, but Nightcrawler was just excellent. The story was well told and I liked the cut scenes. No way a terrible game.

Other licensed games that don't suck (IMO)....

24 The Game
Alien Resurrection
AVP Extinction
Batman Begins
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
Constantine
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Judge Dredd vs Death
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Land of the Dead
Predator Concrete Jungle
Rogue Trooper
Spiderman 2
Terminator: The Redemption
The Godfather
The Punisher
The Thing
The Warriors
Van Helsing
X Men 3: The Official Game
X Men Legends
X Men Legends 2

Sure most of those titles have flaws, but so do most games. They are made to straddle an audience of hardcore gamers and casual gamers alike. so they may be somewhat simplistic, but they make for faithful renditions of the worlds they inhabit. What more do you want out of a licensed game? People just whine, whine whine these days. Like I say, you have to remember that these aren't just produced for hardcore gamers, so they can't be overtly complex. Batman Begins and Van Helsing may be lite versions of Splinter Cell and Devil May Cry, but what perfect games for those series to replicate.

Sure there are bad turds out there that are licensed (Underworld comes immediately to mind) but to lable them all terrible is stupid. Since there's a lot of bad sports games, why not say they all suck?

Horrorfan said:
I'm so sick of the sterotype all licensed games suck.

That's not the case. That's not the case at all.

Basically, even X3 was a pretty decent game. Yes it had flaws, but it was competently put together....Wolverine's fighting was basic, but it was also very satisfying. For me, anyway. What did you want? It to be street fighter? It's meant for both hardcore gamers and the more casual fan, and if you keep that in mind you'd realise too much complexity would have killed it. You had all the heroes and abiltities. Wolverine and Iceman were pretty good, but Nightcrawler was just excellent. The story was well told and I liked the cut scenes. No way a terrible game.

Other licensed games that don't suck (IMO)....

24 The Game
Alien Resurrection
AVP Extinction
Batman Begins
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
Constantine
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Judge Dredd vs Death
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Land of the Dead
Predator Concrete Jungle
Rogue Trooper
Spiderman 2
Terminator: The Redemption
The Godfather
The Punisher
The Thing
The Warriors
Van Helsing
X Men 3: The Official Game
X Men Legends
X Men Legends 2

Sure most of those titles have flaws, but so do most games. They are made to straddle an audience of hardcore gamers and casual gamers alike. so they may be somewhat simplistic, but they make for faithful renditions of the worlds they inhabit. What more do you want out of a licensed game? People just whine, whine whine these days. Like I say, you have to remember that these aren't just produced for hardcore gamers, so they can't be overtly complex. Batman Begins and Van Helsing may be lite versions of Splinter Cell and Devil May Cry, but what perfect games for those series to replicate.

Sure there are bad turds out there that are licensed (Underworld comes immediately to mind) but to lable them all terrible is stupid. Since there's a lot of bad sports games, why not say they all suck?

You have some of the crapiest games ever on your list. :down

XwolverineX said:
You have some of the crapiest games ever on your list. :down

Tell me what's wrong with them. Give me your critiques of them, please do.

I like you wolvie, but I swear you ***** all the time about games.

Horrorfan said:
Tell me what's wrong with them. Give me your critiques of them, please do.

I like you wolvie, but I swear you ***** all the time about games.

I **** about bad games. For christ sake, you have Predator on your list!!!! :eek::down

Hahahaha, I just noticed you had Land of the Dead in your list, which was one of the worst games I have EVER played. :down:down:down:down:down

XwolverineX said:
I **** about bad games. For christ sake, you have Predator on your list!!!! :eek::down

I know it had problems, but you actually felt like the predator. sure the detail on the enemies and enviroment needed work, but playing as the predator was great fun.

Horrorfan said:
I know it had problems, but you actually felt like the predator. sure the detail on the enemies and enviroment needed work, but playing as the predator was great fun.

See, that's exactly the problem, and why popular liscence games fail quite often. Put in crappy graphics, controls and story, but then slap on someone like Predator, so people buy it. The whole game was utter ****, I cannot see how you're defending it.

XwolverineX said:
See, that's exactly the problem, and why popular liscence games fail quite often. Put in crappy graphics, controls and story, but then slap on someone like Predator, so people buy it. The whole game was utter ****, I cannot see how you're defending it.

I had no problems with the controls....usually the people w ho complain about controls just suck at the game. They caused me no problems.

The predator itself looked fantastic. The rest was ok, nothing special, but I put that down to budget limitations. I enjoyed the story. It was very 'out there' but what did you expect from grant morrison?

XwolverineX said:
Hahahaha, I just noticed you had Land of the Dead in your list, which was one of the worst games I have EVER played. :down:down:down:down:down

It was very buggy, I grant you, but it played pretty solidly (when it wasn't buggy enough to ruin the experience).

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I was deadly freaking serious there like a heart attack with AIDS.
Pff, thats about as serious as your average Jim Carrey movie. Wait.....

The Joker said:
you lost all crediblity when you said Ultimate Spider-Man wasnt any good

What was good about it? They kept all the things from SM2 that needed a revamp and got rid of the best thing about it: the swinging mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"