What are your favorite comic book games?

I actually loved that game. I had the red SNES cart.

The SNES port is hard, but the soundtrack there sounds awesome.
It's easier on the Mega Drive, unfortunately the music is annoying there.

Spider-Man portions are fun, Venom bits are less fun.

I had a dream last night that there was a "The Darkness" game developed in a similar fashion as Arkham Knight. Holy hell was it freakin' cool. It wasn't cell shaded either, it was stylized in a similar vein as the one by Starbreeze.

The free roam aspect was so cool. Jackie would use his claws to climb up the side of buildings...at the top, players could jump off the sides ala Brandon Lee in The Crow. As he swan dove to the ground in the darkness of alleys, at the very last second before impact, like Batman's cape, tendrils would shoot out of his body and stab into the surrounding walls. He would then be lowered onto his feet.

Not sure if there is a high demand for another installment but...damn do I want another one.

Marvel Ultimate Allicance 1 and 2
LEGO Marvel
LEGO Batman 2
Spider-Man (PS1)
Spider-Man 2
Injustice
Arkham games
Tell Tale's The Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2
X-Men Legends 2
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Was it first person?

Unfortunately, it was not.

While I love what Starbreeze did with the property in their iteration, I kind of like the idea of a third-person Darkness game. It looked incredibly bad ass. Jackie's character model, when in The Darkness armor, looked ridiculously cool.

The mechanics also looked really solid. I personally think a third person camera, similar to the Arkham games/maybe even Grand Theft Auto, could lend itself nicely to The Darkness.

The camera gives a lot of room for dramatic animations as Jackie used the powers/the shooting was intense. I think if another studio were to try and pick up the property, they should take a third person course. The powers of The Darkness are very limited when set in a first person view.

Just my thoughts.

Unfortunately, it was not.

While I love what Starbreeze did with the property in their iteration, I kind of like the idea of a third-person Darkness game. It looked incredibly bad ass. Jackie's character model, when in The Darkness armor, looked ridiculously cool.

The mechanics also looked really solid. I personally think a third person camera, similar to the Arkham games/maybe even Grand Theft Auto, could lend itself nicely to The Darkness.

The camera gives a lot of room for dramatic animations as Jackie used the powers/the shooting was intense. I think if another studio were to try and pick up the property, they should take a third person course. The powers of The Darkness are very limited when set in a first person view.

Just my thoughts.
A bag of mixed blessings sounds like an apt description.

I think it needs to happen...the more I visualize it, the more I'm just like, how is this not a thing? A hand to hand, free flow mechanic would suit Jackie really well. Picturing the player running out of bullets and doing melee combat, Jackie using his claws to slice and dice adversaries.

With todays tech, you could easily implement a gib system that allowed for chunks to be taken off character models. Hits could also be placed on players as they wander New York city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"