Why?!Is it so hard to make good games?!

hold the **** on. Ultimate Spider-Man was still a very fun game, the only problem most had with it is that it was short.

That really was the least of its problems. The only thing they improved upon from Spider-man 2 was the nice cel shaded graphics, the rest was a huge setback. Considering they came from the same developer, that is pretty bad. How do they release a game that screws up everything that made its predecessor good? How does that happen. And for the record, the Predator game was entirely too difficult to play and control but once you get the hang of it, it had its moments. I had some fun with it once you get past a certain level.

SouLeSS said:
You wanna know why people say most games suck now a days? Brace yourself.

You expect to goddamn much from them.

Some of the best games are classics like Contra, Mario, Sonic, simple 2d fighteres. There wasn't a goddamn thing complex about those games. Why are they so good then? Because you don't expect them to completely blow you away.

You want every little detail to be perfect. That won't ever happen. People say that if you were to take some of the oldest games out, like Final Fantasy, and throw it onto a PS3, it would make for one of the best games of all time.

This isn't true. Know why? Because people will still ***** that there isn't enough, or it's lacking in the enemy department, when the fact of the matter is it would be a strait port (with the exception of graphics) from the original. And the original was "perfect" and many peoples eyes.

Games now a days have so much power, and it's used quite a bit. The only thing that holds them back from being amazing games is simply the fact that we as consumers expect way to much from them.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but I disagree with this post. Contra, Mario and Sonic were great because they were innovative and a lot of fun, the production and time put in showed, they were perfect at the time of their release. There were a bunch of games like this on the Nintendo and at the same time just as many that totally sucked.

It's been the same with every console you have the great games, the ones that were made to show what the system could really do and others just rushed through production for a quick buck. There are still games released today that blow many people away, Ghost Recon and Oblivion are probably the most recent examples. Games that have it all. Great games, games made with love and care, not rushed to the market place in time for a movies release or the holiday season just because that's when sales will be greatest will still blow games away, will make them feel likes kids again playing Contra, Mario or Sonic for the first time. When I played Ghost Recon on the 360 it was like playing Contra for the first time again, it was a great game the only complaint I had was the ending, however, if it was rushed to fit into launch day for the 360, I'm positive it would've disappointed a lot of people.

I don't care about random games. Sonic is cool because the storyline is awesome and they always treat you with an apperance by Super Sonic. I like the fast paced action.

Mario is cool because the games are colorful and take you back to a childhood innocence. There's no blood when he stomps the turtles, there's no real violence. It's just a nice guy saving the princess and going through a nice little dream world to do it. The main character is a cute little italian guy.

Resident Evil is my favorite series because the story is incredibly in-depth, every name and every place/setting is important. The tasks that you are asked to do are really creative and I love the characters. (OMG You don't know what I'd do for a Jill Valentine, Claire or Chris Redfield action figure. Like a GOOD one.) The game is simply bad ass.

Lovely.

But too bad I wasn't talking about random games like that, huh?

I'm talking about super hero games. If you can make Leon S. Kennedy feel like a US Agent doing all this cool stuff to find Ashley, why can't you make a bad ass like Punisher game with a deep plot and good graphics, creative attacks and unique characters that stay true to the comics?

Why can't you make a green lantern game that feels like Green Lantern?

It's not that people expect too much. It's not that we don't have the technology, it's like Wilhelm-Scream said. The problem is not in our expectations the problem is in the lack of creativity and artistry involved in the process.

Do you know why i'm pissed? Why I know they can do better and should be ashamed of themselves for not? Because every one of those super hero games had a small little something that could contribute to a bigger pot to make another super hero game awesome.

USM- The graphics were cool, but the game looked more like an Episode of Teen titans. His fighting was weakened from SM2, his swinging was destroyed in the overall movement, but the additions like being able to climb up it and stuff was a plus. Also the extras were a step up.

Spider-Man (PSX)- This was a near PERFECT spider-man game. At the time it was perfect. And I said before, back when the spider-man games section was still up on here, that if they remade the game for modern consoles, the game would be perfect again.

SM2- Perfect except the city could have had more details and life to it, and there should have been more extras like in the above spider-man games listed. Especially the PSX one.

I could go down the list....But it's pointless these games are imperfect because they don't care. They won't do better because they don't want to. Because, like people have said, it's about the finance of it. Give 'em a half assed spidey game and they'll buy it because it's got a famous character.

X-men 3 sucked. The movie and the game. But the game had a chance to do better.

Next time, do better.

ChineseFooD said:
I don't care about random games. Sonic is cool because the storyline is awesome and they always treat you with an apperance by Super Sonic. I like the fast paced action.

Mario is cool because the games are colorful and take you back to a childhood innocence. There's no blood when he stomps the turtles, there's no real violence. It's just a nice guy saving the princess and going through a nice little dream world to do it. The main character is a cute little italian guy.

Resident Evil is my favorite series because the story is incredibly in-depth, every name and every place/setting is important. The tasks that you are asked to do are really creative and I love the characters. (OMG You don't know what I'd do for a Jill Valentine, Claire or Chris Redfield action figure. Like a GOOD one.) The game is simply bad ass.

Lovely.

But too bad I wasn't talking about random games like that, huh?

I'm talking about super hero games. If you can make Leon S. Kennedy feel like a US Agent doing all this cool stuff to find Ashley, why can't you make a bad ass like Punisher game with a deep plot and good graphics, creative attacks and unique characters that stay true to the comics?

Why can't you make a green lantern game that feels like Green Lantern?

It's not that people expect too much. It's not that we don't have the technology, it's like Wilhelm-Scream said. The problem is not in our expectations the problem is in the lack of creativity and artistry involved in the process.

Do you know why i'm pissed? Why I know they can do better and should be ashamed of themselves for not? Because every one of those super hero games had a small little something that could contribute to a bigger pot to make another super hero game awesome.

USM- The graphics were cool, but the game looked more like an Episode of Teen titans. His fighting was weakened from SM2, his swinging was destroyed in the overall movement, but the additions like being able to climb up it and stuff was a plus. Also the extras were a step up.

Spider-Man (PSX)- This was a near PERFECT spider-man game. At the time it was perfect. And I said before, back when the spider-man games section was still up on here, that if they remade the game for modern consoles, the game would be perfect again.

SM2- Perfect except the city could have had more details and life to it, and there should have been more extras like in the above spider-man games listed. Especially the PSX one.

I could go down the list....But it's pointless these games are imperfect because they don't care. They won't do better because they don't want to. Because, like people have said, it's about the finance of it. Give 'em a half assed spidey game and they'll buy it because it's got a famous character.

X-men 3 sucked. The movie and the game. But the game had a chance to do better.

Next time, do better.

I agree, the game developers don't put enough effort into the games thier making. like kingdom hearts 2 for an example: sure the game was good, but it lacked ALOT of what the first one had. for one, the music was just a rehash of the first kingdom hearts.

it should of been brand new thought out orchastrated music. but alas it wasn't:( . the game was WAY to easy. the first game was hard as heck. each boss battle i had to repeat like 20 to 30 times before i got it right.

tmnt 2 battle nexus wasn't very good. you can tell the game developers just rushed it out just to collect the money from it. by doing that, the game flopped also.

these game developers need to take thier time with these franchises,
& put out more quality games out & less crap. i have my fingers crossed hoping that Devil may cry 4 & Zelda twilight princess is a success & not a dud.

ChineseFooD said:

You're in luck, my friend. I am the same hardcore RE fanatic (I brought cube JUST for it). But the good news is, NECA, who produced the EXCELLENT RE4 series will be producing a classics series of RE figures, including Chris, Jill, Hunk and Zombie.

SouLeSS said:
You wanna know why people say most games suck now a days? Brace yourself.

You expect to goddamn much from them.

Some of the best games are classics like Contra, Mario, Sonic, simple 2d fighteres. There wasn't a goddamn thing complex about those games. Why are they so good then? Because you don't expect them to completely blow you away.

You want every little detail to be perfect. That won't ever happen. People say that if you were to take some of the oldest games out, like Final Fantasy, and throw it onto a PS3, it would make for one of the best games of all time.

This isn't true. Know why? Because people will still ***** that there isn't enough, or it's lacking in the enemy department, when the fact of the matter is it would be a strait port (with the exception of graphics) from the original. And the original was "perfect" and many peoples eyes.

Games now a days have so much power, and it's used quite a bit. The only thing that holds them back from being amazing games is simply the fact that we as consumers expect way to much from them.

I agree with you to an extent. There are plenty of crappy games out there, but a lot of the time gamers expect too much. There are plenty of games that I've heard suck but I've enjoyed them. They weren't perfect by any means but overall they were enjoyable. Some gamers expect every game to be a Resident Evil 4, it just isn't going to happen.

I think it is a mix of both designers sometimes getting lazy and gamers expecting too much. You can't completely defend one or the other because they both happen pretty frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"