• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the hate on Nightwing.

SouLeSS

Superhero
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
8,194
Reaction score
0
Points
31
I've just finished reading the whole series (got 1-114 + all the oneshots and minis in the mail the other week, then picked up 115-119 at the local shop Wednesday and hadnt really started reading it or anything till just this weekend) and I gotta ask. Why does everyone seem to hate on Nightwing so much?
 
Few hate Nightwing. Many hate the way Devin Grayson and now Bruce Jones are handling the book and character.
 
I love Nightwing myself, havent heard to much hate.
 
Everyone loves Nightwing. Everyone hates any writer that touches the book who isnt Chuck Dixon.
 
jaydawg said:
Everyone loves Nightwing. Everyone hates any writer that touches the book who isnt Chuck Dixon.

That about sums it up.

Where's your avatar from, by the way?
 
jaydawg said:
Everyone loves Nightwing. Everyone hates any writer that touches the book who isnt Chuck Dixon.
Jay nailed it. Devin Grayson started out okay, but quickly ****ed the whole series up with her little Mary Sue Tarantula. I haven't read the new Bruce Jones issues yet, but from what I've heard, they are pretty much just as meh.
 
I liked the second issue much more than the first, but I still think i'm dropping it come the end of this opening arc. If I want my Nightwing fix i'll pick up Outsiders.
 
So I ask what was the point of Dick proposing to Babs again?
 
MaskedManJRK said:
That about sums it up.

Where's your avatar from, by the way?
Arrested Development. And seriously, why did he propose to Babs if they were just gonna screw that up? That really pissed me off. :down
 
jaydawg said:
Arrested Development. And seriously, why did he propose to Babs if they were just gonna screw that up? That really pissed me off. :down


Yup. It was such a great moment. I thought wow OYL Nightwing is going to be with Babs and along with Batman and Gordon back its going to be like the good days on batman. I guess Bruce Jones thought otherwise.
 
jaydawg said:
Arrested Development. And seriously, why did he propose to Babs if they were just gonna screw that up? That really pissed me off. :down

Exactly. I mean they left the last issue of Nightwing before OYL with a decent ending, and now we have no idea as to what happend to it. I hated the fact how Dick was sleeping with another woman who so many thought was Barbara when the preview was shown, but then turned out to be a completly different person who he had just met the night before. And now in the latest issue, it shows Jason introducing himself toward her at the end. I also dislike the fact of Dick looking like he's the imposter Nightwing while Jason has the look we all knew since Dick changed his costume years ago, I've dropped the book for now. Hopefully it'll pick up again, I don't hate the character in general just the way he's being written.
 
I started reading since OYL and im impressed
 
I'm going to finish out the arc and then probably drop it.
 
I've already dropped Nightwing. The first OYL issue was bad, but I couldn't even make it through the second. It was like reading about a completely different character. At least Devin Grayson characterized Dick like Dick, even if she made him just about the last guy you'd want on your side in a fight.
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
I've already dropped Nightwing. The first OYL issue was bad, but I couldn't even make it through the second. It was like reading about a completely different character. At least Devin Grayson characterized Dick like Dick, even if she made him just about the last guy you'd want on your side in a fight.


Damn you Bruce Jones.
 
It's like he didn't bother messing around this time. He started straight off with Nightwing's counterpart to his Absorbing Man arc in the Hulk. ;)
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
It's like he didn't bother messing around this time. He started straight off with Nightwing's counterpart to his Absorbing Man arc in the Hulk. ;)


It just pissed me off, especially with the whole Babs thing. I wanna read Dick as Nightwing, not Dick being well a dick.
 
For the record, the main reason that I'm still reading it is for the prospect of Dick beating the pulp out of Jason.
 
Darthphere said:
It just pissed me off, especially with the whole Babs thing. I wanna read Dick as Nightwing, not Dick being well a dick.
That Babs thing really was in bad taste. They jerked us around with the Dick/Babs relationship once already. Why do it a second time when practically everything in the comics screams that they're made for each other?
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
That Babs thing really was in bad taste. They jerked us around with the Dick/Babs relationship once already. Why do it a second time when practically everything in the comics screams that they're made for each other?


Because Bruce Jones is a sadist.
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
I've already dropped Nightwing. The first OYL issue was bad, but I couldn't even make it through the second. It was like reading about a completely different character. At least Devin Grayson characterized Dick like Dick, even if she made him just about the last guy you'd want on your side in a fight.


I thought it was a different character... what happened to the whole Jason Todd as Nightwing thing? (I'm not buying Nightwing)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"