Why the hate on Nightwing.

But you don't callously label junkies as acceptable casualties along the way. If the Outsiders are fighting a war, Nightwing should come right out and say it and then drop out of the hero game. Being a pupil of Batman who ostensibly follows his teachings and fighting a covert global war with traditional rules are mutually exclusive.

TheCorpulent1 said:
But you don't callously label junkies as acceptable casualties along the way. If the Outsiders are fighting a war, Nightwing should come right out and say it and then drop out of the hero game. Being a pupil of Batman who ostensibly follows his teachings and fighting a covert global war with traditional rules are mutually exclusive.

I dont think theyve killed anyone, could they be horribly injured yes, but dead no. Nightwing is being written 8 different ways though and its annoying.

I don't know, it seemed an awful lot like they killed people in that impromptu fight with the soldiers. And, whether they killed anyone or not, it's indisputable that Nightwing gave the order to let those innocents be murdered. All I know is, I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled in 52 for some explanation of why Nightwing is all over the morality map lately.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't know, it seemed an awful lot like they killed people in that impromptu fight with the soldiers. And, whether they killed anyone or not, it's indisputable that Nightwing gave the order to let those innocents be murdered. All I know is, I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled in 52 for some explanation of why Nightwing is all over the morality map lately.

Yeah though, I think its the reason Arsenal is not with the Outsiders, he didnt agree with his way of doing things. Arsenal is more classic superhero.

Ironic if Arsenal quit because he wouldn't recognize the need to kill in Nightwing's covert war, given that Green Arrow has murdered people while Batman never has.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Ironic if Arsenal quit because he wouldn't recognize the need to kill in Nightwing's covert war, given that Green Arrow has murdered people while Batman never has.

I really dont know, I just find it odd not to see Roy here since technically, its his team.

His co-team, really. I miss him, myself. Part of the appeal of Outsiders was the Roy/Dick chemistry.

TheCorpulent1 said:
His co-team, really. I miss him, myself. Part of the appeal of Outsiders was the Roy/Dick chemistry.

Yeah, does anyone have a clue what Arsenal is doing OYL???

I mean come on, he's nowhere to be seen. I mean, he's not in the Outsiders, he's not with the titans, he's not even with Checkmate (Which would have made sense.) Where the hell is he? I hate to say it, but things don't look good for Roy....:(

Darthphere said:
Yeah, does anyone have a clue what Arsenal is doing OYL???

He's shown on the cover of IC #7 fighting Man-Bat, and I can't shake of the feeling that he'll have death knocking on his door toward the end. Roy hasn't been mentioned once in Outsiders or any other OYL title, especially Green Arrow. Perhaps though, if he survives the Crisis he'll play an important part in 52 THEN we'll probably see where exactly his whereabouts are. The possibilities are endless, they could even be waiting to bring him back to join the new JLA. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anubis said:
I mean come on, he's nowhere to be seen. I mean, he's not in the Outsiders, he's not with the titans, he's not even with Checkmate (Which would have made sense.) Where the hell is he? I hate to say it, but things don't look good for Roy....:(

Yeah and did they mention if was with the rest of the Arrow clan training on some island?

I don't know. Ask me again when IC #7 comes out. :)

Anubis said:
After the whole deal with Superboy, I'm inclined to agree. Nearly everyone got some mention post-OYL, but Roy and Conner were the two most notable absences to me. Things are looking grim in mudville...

Although, now that you mention Checkmate, the Black Queen's Knight died before the first issue of Checkmate was even over. Maybe Roy'll replace him, since he's powerless and thus balances Fire. He does have all that super-nifty CIA (or whatever the DC counterpart to it was called) experience, after all.

TheCorpulent1 said:
No, the parts about how Nightwing recommitted himself to taking responsibility and upholding heroic ideals pre-OYL, and now he's apparently okay with that African government slaughtering innocents when he's in a position to stop them. "Big picture" my ass, if he were really sticking to his heroic guns he'd find a way to save those villagers and get the top guy instead of reaming Thunder for doing the right thing, even at the cost of her cover. Also, it seemed an awful lot like he was just casually letting the Outsiders kill people, what with the whole throwing trucks full of people and watching them explode deal. Metamorpho as a layer of sentient chloroform, seeking out the villains' noses, couldn't have been more efficient?
Yeah, that kinda surprised me too, although it is true to the Outsiders' mission statement. Batman used to overthrow governments all the time back in the day. ;) But I'd agree that Nightwing would try and find a way to do both. It hasn't bothered me all that much yet, but I hope we get some kind of explanation.

TheCorpulent1 said:
After the whole deal with Superboy, I'm inclined to agree. Nearly everyone got some mention post-OYL, but Roy and Conner were the two most notable absences to me. Things are looking grim in mudville...

Although, now that you mention Checkmate, the Black Queen's Knight died before the first issue of Checkmate was even over. Maybe Roy'll replace him, since he's powerless and thus balances Fire. He does have all that super-nifty CIA (or whatever the DC counterpart to it was called) experience, after all.

Roy was in Checkmate before wasnt he?

I don't know if he was with Checkmate specifically. I know he was a government agent at some point.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't know if he was with Checkmate specifically. I know he was a government agent at some point.

I remember during Archer's Quest Roy told Ollie he had to round up all his Checkmate contacts to get Thomas Blake's address or something.

Yeah, Roy was a member of CHeckmate after he was a member of the DEA.

I guess he either was with Checkmate or he worked very closely with them. I think I remember him working for the DEO, and I think the DEO used to have jurisdiction over Checkmate. Or I'm making **** up because I'm confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"