• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why was my thread Closed W/O comment?

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Reaction score
I feel I did a great job posing the question and opening the debate w/o heat.

I read some serious sexist and racist stuff on here DAILY,.... in comparision my REQUEST for a point of view different from my own was TAME.

So,.... What Gives?
:huh:

Nothing new here,..
Similar reaction when we had an informative convo last year until the name calling racists started in.

Instead of banning the potty mouths you closed then deleted the thread.

Is the best answer then to be offended by only a few things to the point that they will not be brought up in any fashion yet ignore the really offensive stuff because "it's all in fun" or "I don't mean it when I call you (blank), or say (blank) about you?"

Tsk - I always expect too much from this place.

What's the trouble, bubble?

I had a question and asked for input and stated that I wanted a civil convo.

And a moderator locked the thread and let it sink off the page,.. then deleted it.

Because it would have just led to trouble, Var. Sure, the mod could have waited ten more minutes for someone to actually say something stupid, but it was coming whether you asked people to be polite or not. YOU did nothing wrong, it was just preventative.

The topic has been hot-button in the past, and never proceeds politely

Because it would have just led to trouble, Var. Sure, the mod could have waited ten more minutes for someone to actually say something stupid, but it was coming whether you asked people to be polite or not. YOU did nothing wrong, it was just preventative.

I can accept that. Now I just wish The Mod could have bothered to drop me a line saying so.

Thank you.

Yah,.. and what does that have to do with it? Lots of folk on here who hate and still respond based on subject.

V.
dont hold ur breath but, IT WAS A JOKE

hense the LOL:whatever:

Thats true of a lot of other discussions that go on here....but those threads aren't closed from the get-go.

dont hold ur breath but, IT WAS A JOKE

hense the LOL:whatever:

I didn't take offense,... and I took you seriously because we do have haters here who would like to gut you and drain you like a stuck pig because you don't agree with them.

I accept that.

Thanks for the chuckle though.

V.

Eli is sadly right, topics like the one you started are always gonna end badly, your topic itself was fine, i read it when i was asked where it had gone and thought it would make for an interesting debate IF we didn't have so many touchy souls here.........Abby does make a good point though, i mean that Christian beliefs thread is a warzone and it has remained open.

yah i say close the christain forum cause it was a warzone

The topic you chose is an extremely hot topic that brings on flaming when it is brought up......the mod was simply being preactive with a topic that, as he stated in the thread, "would not end well."

I agree alot of namecalling goes on, and is ignored. If you feel that it is out of control, or you have a problem with it, simply report the post. We cannot be everywhere all the time.

But using that as an excuse for keeping your thread open is weak. The mod was simply taking action early, because history has told us, this topic and a few others NEVER end well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"