Super Mario Wii-Mario Bros AllStar

Travesty

Avenger
Reaction score
The games included in the Super Mario All-Stars collection are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3. Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES Super Mario All-Stars collection, and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro or the Nintendo GameCube controller. Also included is a Super Mario History soundtrack CD, a compilation of memorable music from the Mario franchise. Containing classic theme songs and fun sound effects from the original Super Mario Bros. game all the way up to this year's acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy 2 game, this special disc also marks the first official release of the "Super Mario Bros. Ground Theme," widely recognized as one of the most famous pieces of video game music in history. Rounding out the Super Mario All-Stars collection is a 32-page Super Mario History booklet featuring interviews, behind-the-scenes details and rare concept art. Fans from every generation can enjoy firsthand insights into the beginnings of Mario, illustrated with candid photos and never-before-seen design sketches. Together with the game software and soundtrack, it's the ultimate tribute to a unique game series.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=231063&loc=homeflash4

Ummm, yes please! I used to have this on my SNES wayyy back in the day, and I'll gladly buy it on Dec 12. :yay:

Oh, it's the downloadable version. I was hoping for a second one with those games, the SNES one and Mario 64 (and possibly Sunshine). Am I correct to assume SMB2 isn't there because it originally wasn't a Mario game?

SMB2 is in the set though.

Also, All-Stars isn't downloadable on the VC.

Either way, I love me some Mario Bros so this is a must have!

Also, I don't know if you guys have any clue about this, but I play with my original SNES and NES pads on my Wii. This game HAS to be played with an NES pad. All you have to do is order a real NES pad(no third-party crap), and buy one of these Gamecube adapters, and now you're playing with Power.:oldrazz:

and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro or the Nintendo GameCube controller.
Power!

Last edited:
I'll be using the classic controller for sure.

I'll pick it up used, or on a price drop. 30 dollars is a bit much, IMHO and I'm slightly let down that it didn't include World.... or 64 as a bonus.

I already have the Mario games downloaded on my Wii. And I prefer the old school NES graphics over the redone SNES graphics for the NES Mario games.

I already have the Mario games downloaded on my Wii. And I prefer the old school NES graphics over the redone SNES graphics for the NES Mario games.
I like both, and only have SM3 on my Wii, so I couldn't wait.

Now, I know I mentioned using a regular NES controller for this game, but I gotta say, the Classic Controller feels better. It's strange, cause when I DL'd SM3 on my Wii awhile ago, the NES pad felt MUCH more responsive(along with other VC-NES games), but this game performs better with the Classic Controller.

Anyways, I love the game, and I've had a lot of fun with it, but the classic controller is the way to go.:cwink:

Last edited:
I picked up my copy last week...and I have no regrets.

Mario is to me what Mickey is to most other people.

I think this will be the fifth time I've bought these games, including downloading them on the VC. :p

There is def something about the original NES graphics that can never be changed!

They couldn't have at least ported the All-Stars with SMW? Right now there's no way to get the updated version with the Luigi sprite on the Wii.

Way to go Nintendo.

I hated that too. I really hoped that the SMW version would be it, especially since it's on a Wii disc and all. But it isn't. Still, I'm happy to have the set.

They couldn't have at least ported the All-Stars with SMW? Right now there's no way to get the updated version with the Luigi sprite on the Wii.

Way to go Nintendo.
For the longest time, I never even knew that had a All-Star version with SMW, until I was at a friends house last year, and his cartridge had it. Mine never had, but I got my SNES All-Star when they first came out. You just had to send in some kind of barcode for any SNES game, and you got All-Stars for free in the mail, before it was even sold in stores.

Anyways, I too was hoping it would be in one the disc, but when I saw the description, it clearly stated it wouldn't be there, and whatever, not a big deal.

I played some SM2, and I'm horrible at that game. I got to world 7, and couldn't get passed it.:argh:

It would've been nice to have these games as combinations of the SNES and GBA versions, with the superior visuals and audio of the SNES ones, and the gameplay enhancements of the GBA remakes.

Still, this is nice for the people who didn't get to play this glorious collection on the SNES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"